No more likes ?

For general announcements, and anything which does not fit into one of the categories below.

Moderator: Mod

ajvanwyk

No more likes ?

#1 Postby ajvanwyk » Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:18 am

Alan & Graham,

Apologies if I have missed notification about the Like button removal, but I'm wondering where this little feature disappeared too ? Is it just me or has the like feature been removed ? I must admit I found it a nice addition to let people know that I appreciate their comments or that I found it valuable.

Albert
Albert
Rosedale Rifle Club
Australian Points Series

DenisA

Re: No more likes ?

#2 Postby DenisA » Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:35 am

Where's the like button when you need one!?

I agree Albert, I thought it was a good thing.

johnk

#3 Postby johnk » Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:52 am

ajvanwyk wrote:Alan & Graham,

Apologies if I have missed notification about the Like button removal, but I'm wondering where this little feature disappeared too ? Is it just me or has the like feature been removed ? I must admit I found it a nice addition to let people know that I appreciate their comments or that I found it valuable.

Like.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

GrahamW

#4 Postby GrahamW » Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:26 am

I'll leave this one for Alan.... but I will say, I agree.

I do like having the Like button because quite often you want to acknowledge a post without having to actually say anything and clutter up a thread with non relevant chatter.

I'm sure if enough members put up their hands to have it enabled, Alan might consider enabling it again.

8-)

Jase PTRC

#5 Postby Jase PTRC » Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:29 am

I liked the like button.

RonM

#6 Postby RonM » Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:43 pm

Jase PTRC wrote:I liked the like button.

What he said =D>

Razer

#7 Postby Razer » Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:32 pm

I liked the like symbol also as it showed that I liked what I read. :D

ajvanwyk

#8 Postby ajvanwyk » Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:40 am

Looks like we all have liking in like and would like to see a return of like when we like something.... see how many times you can use it in a sentence :D :D That said, if you're a 16 year old living in the northern beaches I'm tipping that you would put us all to shame :oops:
Albert
Rosedale Rifle Club
Australian Points Series

bsouthernau

#9 Postby bsouthernau » Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:02 am

I hadn't noticed its disappearance. Thought it was pretty useless.

AlanF

#10 Postby AlanF » Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:47 am

Not being a Facebook user, I wasn't particularly enthused about the Like button, particularly the top 5 list showing who had the most liked posts (yay \:D/ ). I know we are in a competitive sport, but I found that slightly cringe-worthy. So we removed the whole of the Like feature to see if anyone would mourn its passing. Well its taken a few weeks but we now have our answer - it is missed by a few. Anyway, I've asked Graham to bring it back in a slightly reduced form.

GrahamW

#11 Postby GrahamW » Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:03 am

AlanF wrote:Not being a Facebook user, I wasn't particularly enthused about the Like button, particularly the top 5 list showing who had the most liked posts (yay \:D/ ). I know we are in a competitive sport, but I found that slightly cringe-worthy. So we removed the whole of the Like feature to see if anyone would mourn its passing. Well its taken a few weeks but we now have our answer - it is missed by a few. Anyway, I've asked Graham to bring it back in a slightly reduced form.

Just as a matter of history.

The "Like" button has been used in forums in one form or another for many years, long before Facebook was ever thought of so it's not really a specific Facebook thing.

As I mentioned earlier, it is a great way to acknowledge a post without cluttering up the forums with irrelevant, one or two word posts.

Anyway... I will re-enable it in a reduced form as soon as I have time a little later today.

Cheers,
8-)

ajvanwyk

#12 Postby ajvanwyk » Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:40 am

GrahamW wrote:
AlanF wrote:Not being a Facebook user, I wasn't particularly enthused about the Like button, particularly the top 5 list showing who had the most liked posts (yay \:D/ ). I know we are in a competitive sport, but I found that slightly cringe-worthy. So we removed the whole of the Like feature to see if anyone would mourn its passing. Well its taken a few weeks but we now have our answer - it is missed by a few. Anyway, I've asked Graham to bring it back in a slightly reduced form.

Just as a matter of history.

The "Like" button has been used in forums in one form or another for many years, long before Facebook was ever thought of so it's not really a specific Facebook thing.

As I mentioned earlier, it is a great way to acknowledge a post without cluttering up the forums with irrelevant, one or two word posts.

Anyway... I will re-enable it in a reduced form as soon as I have time a little later today.

Cheers,
8-)

"Like"
Albert
Rosedale Rifle Club
Australian Points Series

bsouthernau

#13 Postby bsouthernau » Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:19 pm

Can we have a Dislike button too? :lol:

GrahamW

#14 Postby GrahamW » Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:00 pm

bsouthernau wrote:Can we have a Dislike button too? :lol:

Ummm nah, as much as some posts need it, it's something that could be abused way too much.

You can remove a like you have given any time you wish though.

8-)

johnk

#15 Postby johnk » Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:32 pm

I've always felt the one we need is like this:
Yawns.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “General Forum”