Rutland Cup at FCWC in Canada in August

For general announcements, and anything which does not fit into one of the categories below.

Moderator: Mod

ecomeat

Rutland Cup at FCWC in Canada in August

#1 Postby ecomeat » Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:57 am

Please see my post under "Events"
Australia desperately needs at least two more shooters to nominate to be able to field a Team.
NRAA have finally approved the Team wearing navy Australian blazers and a special Rutland Cup Team" shooting shirt.
Unfortuantely they wont pay the Entry Fee ( $250 per shooter) for us, but we are working on getting a Sponsor to cover this.
Tony Berry
Captain/Manager F Open Rutland Cup Team
Extreme accuracy and precision shooting at long range can be a very addictive pastime.

plumbs7

Re: Rutland Cup at FCWC in Canada in August

#2 Postby plumbs7 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:06 pm

Hi all , there maybe lessons here for next time ? As there were so many that nominated in open that possibility in the early stages . It could have been determined very early in the piece to have a full 4 man team as well. That could be named at the same time as the 8 person team .
If this were the case and was named on the 4 man team at the same time as the main team and Nraa sanctioned, I wouldn't be in retirement. Unfortunately I think everyone ran out of puff ( more importantly, wife's and partners!) , by the time everyone worked out what they were going to do with the 4 person team.
I wish Tony and Peter the best ! I hope there are some open shooters that are keen ware an Au blazer and do us all proud !
The Rutland from what I hear is a bigger deal that the 8 man team!
So what are you waiting for !?? Call the Captain Tony Berry !

Kind Regards Graham Sells

Betta

#3 Postby Betta » Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:22 pm

Hi All, I thought to give you some statistics on the Rutland Cup Matches. At the first team matches in Bisley in 2009 four nations entered an 8 person team in F Open and a total of sixteen 4 person teams competed (ten F Open and six F/TR teams). The number of teams entered increased even more in Raton in 2013 when thirteen 8 person team competed (six in F Open and seven in F/TR) and twenty 4 person teams competed (thirteen in F Open and seven in F/TR). This year even more teams are expected to compete. US will be again there in force with many teams for the Rutland Cup. NRAA for the first time is entering teams both in the 8 person team competition (Farquaharson/Richardson Cup) and in the 4 person team competition (Rutland Cup), even if self funded. We cannot let an opportunity like this pass by and not be able to field an F Open 4 person team. Please refer to Tony post in "Events" and contact him.
Regards
Betta Gianasi
Captain/Manager F/TR Rutland Cup Team

saum2

#4 Postby saum2 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:07 am

plumbs7 wrote:Hi all , there maybe lessons here for next time ? As there were so many that nominated in open that possibility in the early stages . It could have been determined very early in the piece to have a full 4 man team as well. That could be named at the same time as the 8 person team .
If this were the case and was named on the 4 man team at the same time as the main team and Nraa sanctioned, I wouldn't be in retirement. Unfortunately I think everyone ran out of puff ( more importantly, wife's and partners!) , by the time everyone worked out what they were going to do with the 4 person team.
I wish Tony and Peter the best ! I hope there are some open shooters that are keen ware an Au blazer and do us all proud !
The Rutland from what I hear is a bigger deal that the 8 man team!
So what are you waiting for !?? Call the Captain Tony Berry !

Kind Regards Graham Sells

I agree Graham, perhaps if a full squad of 12 plus reserves was chosen then a final squad for each team decided later towards the matches. Lets face it we all go through ups and downs, by the time August comes around, the make up of the 2 squads could very well be different. I do understand the rational and rules behind the current teams and agree with it, but maybe for future teams a different approach. Me personally, by the time the NRAA decided to make the Rutland squad a representative team I had made other commitments.
All the best to both teams.
Geoff

Longranger

#5 Postby Longranger » Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:23 am

I don't know why the NRAA couldn't pay the nomination fees. After all, they just just dumped the hard copy Australian Target Rifle magazine. I believe that the magazine will be available online for free in the not to distant future.

Apparently this was bleeding them financially with the Australian Institute of Sport calculating that shooting sports magazine publications had lost $560 000 in 2014. This was quoted by the NRAA Chairman in the March/April 2017 Australian Target Rifle magazine.

Return to “General Forum”