Major Forum Changes

For general announcements, and anything which does not fit into one of the categories below.

Moderator: Mod

AlanF

Major Forum Changes

#1 Postby AlanF » Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:15 pm

I am pleased to announce that Graham Willis from Bathurst Rifle Club has offered his services to help with ozfclass. Graham has the necessary skills and experience to enable some immediate much needed improvements, with more to come down the track.

Some things to look forward to are an improved system for putting photos in posts, integration of the main ozfclass.com website into the forum home page, a Like button on posts. Later Graham will be making the site more Smartphone friendly, and we'll probably start a FaceBook page, and look at an easy way for attaching non-graphics files for downloading.

The "prototype" of the new site is available now for you to look at, but please read the following BEFORE looking at it :

1. You can log in as normal and make changes BUT changes will NOT be kept.
2. To see the improved photo functionality, click New Topic and go to the Attachment tab near the bottom of the page.
3. To make comments about the changes, or requests for other changes, please post on THIS THREAD i.e. on the old forum.

Here's the link to the new look site : http://dev.ozfclass.xyz

Comments welcome.

Razer

Re: Major Forum Changes

#2 Postby Razer » Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:22 pm

Sounds really good. :D
The ability to upload straight from smart phones makes it so much user friendly. 8)
A like button will show the amount of interest in any given post.
Looking good. =D>

GrahamW

#3 Postby GrahamW » Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:45 pm

I'm particularly interested in some feedback on the functionality with the various screen sizes, smart phones, tablets, laptops etc.

Alan, non graphic files can be added to posts/PMs now, simply upload as Attachments exactly the same as for images.

Cheers,
Graham

Jase PTRC

#4 Postby Jase PTRC » Tue Jan 03, 2017 7:49 am

What size files will it accept? I have tried posting up a photo and it keeps saying file too large.

GrahamW

#5 Postby GrahamW » Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:08 am

Jase PTRC wrote:What size files will it accept? I have tried posting up a photo and it keeps saying file too large.

Max upload file size is currently set to 5 MB, this should be plenty for most hi quality photos but if we find it too limiting it can be increased.

8-)
Graham

Jase PTRC

#6 Postby Jase PTRC » Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:16 am

GrahamW wrote:
Jase PTRC wrote:What size files will it accept? I have tried posting up a photo and it keeps saying file too large.

Max upload file size is currently set to 5 MB, this should be plenty for most hi quality photos but if we find it too limiting it can be increased.

8-)
Graham

Yeah, most of the photos my phone takes are quite large, ill try cropping it and see if i can get the size down.

Jase PTRC

#7 Postby Jase PTRC » Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:47 am

I have just posted some photos directly off my smart phone and it worked no problems, this is great to be able to post thing so easily now. Excellent work with the site guys.

scott/r

#8 Postby scott/r » Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:51 am

Looks good. I like links down the lefthand side.

Razer

#9 Postby Razer » Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:29 pm

Is it too much for members to at least put their state down as a prerequisite to membership? [-o<

The reason that I ask is that when forum members are selling, or wanting to buy, knowing whether it is an interstate transaction makes the difference as to whether it is worth pursuing the item or, offering an item they are after.
Often interstate transactions are not worth the trouble, particularly in the case of a firearm!
Can also be of assistance in replying to questions about ranges, etc.
Putting down state is not jeopardising members security so shouldn't be an issue.

johnk

#10 Postby johnk » Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:07 am

Razer wrote:Is it too much for members to at least put their state down as a prerequisite to membership?

Damn! I thought listing Brisbane was a fair hint.

DenisA

#11 Postby DenisA » Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:30 am

The new forum looks great!

Will we be able to embed video in a post?

GrahamW

#12 Postby GrahamW » Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:36 am

DenisA wrote:The new forum looks great!

Yes, ... I haven't actually tested it yet.

I'll find some time later today and double check/test, but you're welcome to try it out yourself on the demo site.

8-)

AlanF

#13 Postby AlanF » Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:39 am

DenisA wrote:The new forum looks great!

I believe so Denis (subject to file size of course). Try attaching the file in the same way as any other. That is what the demo site is for. If it doesn't work, report back on this thread. May just need the file extension to be allowed by the system.

Morning Graham. Good to see we agree :D .

DenisA

#14 Postby DenisA » Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:03 am

Yep it works. :D =D> . Just put a barrel cool device video in there.

Razer

#15 Postby Razer » Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:30 am

johnk wrote:
Razer wrote:Is it too much for members to at least put their state down as a prerequisite to membership?

Damn! I thought listing Brisbane was a fair hint.

:roll: =D>

Well that is even better John because we all know where Brisbane is, but some put nothing, zilch, zero, so could be from Timbuktu for all we know and postage rates from or to there are incalculable! :wink: :)

Return to “General Forum”