International NRAA teams funding & fundraising.

For general announcements, and anything which does not fit into one of the categories below.

Moderator: Mod

DaveMc

Re: International FCWC teams and funding?

#31 Postby DaveMc » Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:41 pm

Denis,

There are a few reasons why it is not appropriate to comment too much on this topic at this time and in a public forum. I understand your passion to help and do not want to dampen that in anyway but as far as we can go with it from a teams perspective is limited at this point in time
1) The team is yet to be announced (hopefully in the near future).
2) Sponsors are reluctant to commit until we have named a team.
3) As pointed out here earlier we have to be very careful on what commitment we can give to a sponsor and in the end we must always put the teams best chances ahead of any potential $$ making.
4) The NRAA has a lot of teams to support on a mediocre membership. It is a very different situation to some other sporting bodies but some good proposals have been put forward. How much we can pull off for this time around may be limited (and takes our attention off the main goals) but there are some things underway that may help future TR and F class teams alike in the future.

Two of the best ideas I have seen so far which can be talked about here are;
a) individual states and districts organising "fund raising" shoots. There would need to be a not for profit national body for the funds to go to and some dedicated people to run this but it is possible. If every state tried to run some bianuual competitions then there could be something significant done there. Break it down to a district level and get every club to do one per year would be amazing.
b) crowd funding - appealing to the greater shooting community for support.

Keep in mind that taking 32 shooters to Canada is a significant cost - in the order of $300k + It takes a mammoth fund raising effort to put together 10-20k in funds and that is a drop in the bucket. Not everyone likes raffles, Not everyone will put their hand up to help. I appeal to your nature to suggest maybe you could try and approach the NRAA to start the National fund raising Organisation and get involved - You will have to support all forms to have any support. We need a handful of VERY dedicated and motivated people to carry this off. It is easy to say no one is doing anything but that is false. The problem is it is a massive job that the time we all put in seems to achieve very small gains. - what should we put our efforts into at this point in time. Chasing sponsors or getting the teams organised and functioning at their peak?

David McNamara

DenisA

#32 Postby DenisA » Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:30 pm

Dave, thank you for answering. It's a relief to hear in some detail from someone representing the 2017 FCWC members. Hearing that the idea is not being ignored from people like yourself is reassuring to members that it's an important topic and should be explored.

Just to clarify, I had not said that no one was doing anything. In my original post 3 days ago I asked "what the situation is now and what needs to happen to get it to where it should be in the future". I had been talking about a 4 year system so I wasn't trying to stir anything up for next years team. Having no actual answers over 3 days on the ozfclass forum (that everyone keeps an eye on) understandably leads to the idea that its not a priority.

I certainly wouldn't expect the 2017 FCWC squad members to be doing anything other than focusing on their training at this point.

I understand some topics such as sponsorship are sensitive and details should not be discussed publicly.
Maybe topics like FCWC fundraising and any system being considered could be a little more transparent and discussion open to all shooters so that we know what is happening and those who would like to be involved can offer what they can.

I would be happy to approach the NRAA regarding a National fund raising Organisation but I would need help.

Tim N

#33 Postby Tim N » Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:27 am

Hi Denis,
Good to see someone prepared to step up and help out, especially considering you run your own business and have a young family.
The "busy" people are often the ones who get things done.
We don't rise to the level of our expectations, we fall to the level of our training. Archilochos 680-645 BC

DenisA

#34 Postby DenisA » Wed Nov 30, 2016 1:21 pm

I've re-read this thread and I feel like I should clarify my interest here. I don't want to come across like I'm trying to be a "goody, goody 2 shoes" or that I have found a passion for the FCWC teams.

Passion is too strong of a word. Specifically, I'm interested in seeing Australian F-class move in the right direction, evolve and grow. FCWC team funding is just part and parcel of what I think that should involve. Other topics under that umbrella are:
1. Developing a system for High Muzzle Energy rifles on NRAA ranges.
2. Increasing membership by making entry level F-class much cheaper, but still competitive, through a practical/varmint/sporter code.

That's why I've asked the questions, not because I am passionate about the FCWC teams specifically.................... well, maybe just a few of the good looking ones :wink:

I would still be happy to approach the NRAA about it and try to be involved. I would be happy to try and encourage any of the mentioned topics. I'm not back pedalling.

If anyone has any ideas of how to on an official level or would like to help too, please PM me.

DenisA

#35 Postby DenisA » Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:56 am

I'm in the process of drafting a letter to the NRAA. I'd like to include a list of NRAA members names who support the idea of official NRAA fundraising of ALL NRAA international teams to some degree.

If you do support the idea can you please post your name here or PM me if you want to keep it out of the public eye.

If you know members who are not on this forum and support the idea, please ask them to email me at denisaarons@hotmail.com.

Please include your club name too.

Thanks.

ajvanwyk

#36 Postby ajvanwyk » Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:48 pm

DenisA wrote:I'm in the process of drafting a letter to the NRAA. I'd like to include a list of NRAA members names who support the idea of official NRAA fundraising of ALL NRAA international teams to some degree.

If you do support the idea can you please post your name here or PM me if you want to keep it out of the public eye.

If you know members who are not on this forum and support the idea, please ask them to email me at denisaarons@hotmail.com.

Please include your club name too.

Thanks.

Albert van Wyk - Rosedale SID32690
Albert
Rosedale Rifle Club
Australian Points Series

ShaneG

#37 Postby ShaneG » Thu Dec 01, 2016 6:37 pm

Shane Green Cairns Club
Denis PM me later
Let this build and see where we go?

Antony Cave

#38 Postby Antony Cave » Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:28 pm

Antony Cave
Rosedale
Life is full of suprises, let your trigger break be one of them.

plumbs7

#39 Postby plumbs7 » Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:34 pm

Graham Sells Dalby / Tara :D

DenisA

#40 Postby DenisA » Thu Dec 01, 2016 8:21 pm

Thanks so far everyone, to those that have PM'd me too. Keep them coming.

Even if you feel this topic has nothing to do with you, your F-class and TR friends stand to benefit from you simply writing your name down.

Please mention this to your club mates on the weekend. You never know, the friends that you least expect may really appreciate this at some point. At the end of the day, it can't hurt.

I've had some good suggestions via PM too.

jasmay

#41 Postby jasmay » Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:42 am

You can add me to the list

Tim N

#42 Postby Tim N » Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:55 am

Tim Nugent - Cessnock club
We don't rise to the level of our expectations, we fall to the level of our training. Archilochos 680-645 BC

Jase PTRC

#43 Postby Jase PTRC » Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:06 am

Jason Nessling, Phoenix Target Rifle Club. Lower Light

Tim L

Re: International NRAA teams funding & fundraising.

#44 Postby Tim L » Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:00 pm

Tim Lawrence - Mackay Rifle Club

DenisA

Re: International NRAA teams funding & fundraising.

#45 Postby DenisA » Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:47 am

It's been very quiet over the last few days. I've only got 14 names down including my own that want to support this.
Did anyone get a chance to discuss this with their peers over the weekend club shoot?

Return to “General Forum”