Lapua (NAMMO) is taking over Berger Bullets

For general announcements, and anything which does not fit into one of the categories below.

Moderator: Mod

jasmay

Re: Lapua (NAMMO) is taking over Berger Bullets

#16 Postby jasmay » Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:44 am

johnk wrote:Re powder, last time I was across the issue (when Custer still had the franchise), there was one ship in the world that would carry powder from VV to Australia - one ship - and if a certain captain was rostered to it, the consignment would not be picked up. Consequentially, Custers had to order several years in advance. As an example, understanding that I have an aversion to tossing those 1 kg VV bottles, I have N550 bottles date stamped 2004, 2006, 2009, 2012 (they were code stamped before that).

This may well be the reason that NIOA has dropped VV powders & certainly is a reason QRA would be crazy to take it on..

Stories are plentiful John, and I have heard this before too, but I find it hard to believe, whilst not improbable that its a fact, I find it a bit hard with all the shipping companies around the world that its the truth, many other countries that stock it around the world that have the ability to move it. And moving it would be a VV issue, not a QRA one.

I think, if a tiny enterprise like custers can manage it others could, we all know the NIOA is a pig of a machine for profit, and I reckon they just seen slim margins.

johnk

#17 Postby johnk » Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:19 am

I was one of the many locals who bought VV direct from Custers & this was Andrew from Custers advice.

jasmay

#18 Postby jasmay » Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:27 am

Yet, they still managed it and we're disappointed to lose it, I think there is more tk the story than purely the shipping issue.

Razer

#19 Postby Razer » Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:41 am

Shooters have long memories and Nioa's mongrel act regarding Leupold scopes after they got the agency a few years ago still leaves a nasty taste in my mouth. They just about cut the supply direct to Australia when our dollar was so strong and then they hiked prices beyond all reason!

Return to “General Forum”