Election of NRAA Directors

For general announcements, and anything which does not fit into one of the categories below.

Moderator: Mod

bobped

Election of NRAA Directors

#1 Postby bobped » Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:50 am

Anyone interested in nominating as a Director on the NRAA Board?
It would be nice to have someone else on the Board who is interested in and knows about F Class.
Three Director's positions are vacant and will be elected at the coming AGM in late November.
There will be a call for nominations very soon. This call will go out to each State Association.

If anyone is interested, reply on this forum and I can list more detail about how to get nominated and and the procedures involved.

Cheers
Bob Pedersen

John S

Re: Election of NRAA Directors

#2 Postby John S » Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:18 pm

Bob,
I would be interested in learning about the nomination process.
Cheers
John S

jasmay

#3 Postby jasmay » Wed Sep 28, 2016 7:00 am

I would be interested to hear more about the roles and nomination procudure.

bobped

#4 Postby bobped » Wed Sep 28, 2016 1:48 pm

OK. There have also been a few private requests as well, so I'll give as brief an outline as I can. People have asked how to nominate, but also they asked me to outline what work may be involved and what type of work it may be.

The NRAA Board consists of 5 Directors, who are elected for 3 years. This time round there are 3 positions up for election. Once elected, Directors are entirely independent, are not beholden too, and cannot be directed by any of the State bodies. You can also have any number of members from any State as its not done by a "quota" from each State or Territory.
There are nine Member States and Territories. Each of these sends one representative (usually their Chairman) to the AGM where they vote and candidates are elected.

Candidates must be nominated by their State Association, and then must be seconded by another State Association.
If you want to be nominated then I suggest your approach the Chairman of your State Association or a Councillor and ask to be nominated. If they agree they might also help you approaching another Association to second you, or they may leave it up to you to approach another Association. A State may nominate more than one person.
A Director does not represent any State in particular and as mentioned is totally independent once elected. If you are nominated then you are asked to write a resume which outlines your interests and what you hope to do, which is given to the voters.

Board Meetings are held 4 times a year, usually in Brisbane and the NRAA pays expenses for transport and accommodation to these. The job does require some of your own personal time, as you can finish up committing to work, (sometimes a fair bit) generally after a meeting. We also do a lot of to-and-froing by emails, both with the Executive Officer and other Directors.

When I started each Director was assigned a Portfolio. They were, Finance, Ammunition & Powder, Competitions, Rules and Membership.
However, with these changing times these lines are being blurred and the need for more work outside these portfolios is becoming apparent.
E.G. I started with the Rules Portfolio, but also became more involved with other things like the Website, The National Grading System, the National Database, F Class Grades, Disciplines and Teams. Now a whole new upgrade to all of that in the IT area is looming to cope with all the growth in that area.
E.G. George Edser has the ammunition portfolio. Originally it was just arranging Winchester Factory ammo and making sure we had enough Sierra projectiles. Now its much more complicated than that and includes powder now that Thales/Winchester said they only would deal with one National Body and not individual States plus the whole range of new projectiles and powders now available, and also dealing with suppliers.
Other Directors have similar growth and variation.

F Class now has at least 35-40% of our membership. Hope someone is interested enough to at least put their hand up.

If you want any more info please ask on this forum.

Cheers
Bob Pedersen

bobped

#5 Postby bobped » Sun Oct 09, 2016 6:49 pm

For Anyone Interested,
The NRAA sent out a call for nominations for Directors to all State Associations on 23rd September.
Nominations close by COB on 31st October.
In my own State I haven't seen any general notice out to the membership. Nor am I aware of any other States doing so.
(Why am I not surprised)
Anyway - If you are interested in nominating as a Director, contact your State Association. ASAP!!

Its quite lonely sometimes being an F Class Shooter on the NRAA Board.
It would be great having someone else there.
Cheers
Bob Pedersen

Return to “General Forum”