Paper work for new barrel and chamber

For general announcements, and anything which does not fit into one of the categories below.

Moderator: Mod

michaeljp

Paper work for new barrel and chamber

#1 Postby michaeljp » Sun Jul 10, 2016 3:47 pm

I had a rifle re barrelled to a different caliber back in April and i still haven't received any paper work from FAR. I rang the gunsmith about 2 weeks ago and he said he hasn't sent the paperwork away yet. I had a go at him about that,politely, saying what if i get a police inspection. He just said "they won't know, they just look for the matching serial number". How long is a reasonable amount of time i should wait for the correct paper work?

willow

Re: Paper work for new barrel and chamber

#2 Postby willow » Sun Jul 10, 2016 5:16 pm

michaeljp wrote:I had a rifle re barrelled to a different caliber back in April and i still haven't received any paper work from FAR. I rang the gunsmith about 2 weeks ago and he said he hasn't sent the paperwork away yet. I had a go at him about that,politely, saying what if i get a police inspection. He just said "they won't know, they just look for the matching serial number". How long is a reasonable amount of time i should wait for the correct paper work?

Let's see, April, May, June...3 months and he hasn't had time to go to a Post Office??? Tell him to send it off or you'll call the Police yourself. He has legal responsibilities if he wants to continue being a gunsmith, plus it's all part of providing customers a respectable level of customer service.

michaeljp

#3 Postby michaeljp » Sun Jul 10, 2016 5:46 pm

Thats what i thought , 3 months was plenty of time. I'll ring FAR to see if they have received anything yet and if they haven't i'll call him again and get stuck into him.

Matt P

#4 Postby Matt P » Sun Jul 10, 2016 7:32 pm

michaeljp wrote:I had a rifle re barrelled to a different caliber back in April and i still haven't received any paper work from FAR. I rang the gunsmith about 2 weeks ago and he said he hasn't sent the paperwork away yet. I had a go at him about that,politely, saying what if i get a police inspection. He just said "they won't know, they just look for the matching serial number". How long is a reasonable amount of time i should wait for the correct paper work?

What state ??

michaeljp

#5 Postby michaeljp » Sun Jul 10, 2016 10:00 pm

NSW

KHGS

#6 Postby KHGS » Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:33 am

michaeljp wrote:NSW

Is your "gunsmith" a licensed dealer????????
If he is, it's a 5 min job on the computer, if he isn't then he can't do it & you are technically in breach of the act.
Keith H.

michaeljp

#7 Postby michaeljp » Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:34 pm

KHGS wrote:
michaeljp wrote:NSW

Is your "gunsmith" a licensed dealer????????
If he is, it's a 5 min job on the computer, if he isn't then he can't do it & you are technically in breach of the act.
Keith H.

Yes Keith, he is a licence gunsmith/dealer.

michaeljp

#8 Postby michaeljp » Mon Jul 11, 2016 3:11 pm

I Just rang FAR. They received a bunch of paperwork from him last week. My paperwork was included, and the new certificate should be sent out in a week or so.

Chopper

#9 Postby Chopper » Tue Jul 12, 2016 12:01 am

Gunsmiths are busy, glad alls good and no crapp, paper work is unreall, ay others :D Chop

Return to “General Forum”