help with bringing gear back from the states

For general announcements, and anything which does not fit into one of the categories below.

Moderator: Mod

shooter mcreid

help with bringing gear back from the states

#1 Postby shooter mcreid » Fri Mar 25, 2016 4:26 pm

Hello all, I have a family holiday to California and vagas coming up soon and wanted to explore the benefits and how toos of legally bringing back projectiles and other stuff. I'm very firmiliar with the B709A and what is required on the Aussie end so that's not an issue. Would appreciate any knowledge about what is required on the USA end from anyone who has done it. Also good places to shop for shooting stuff around California or vagas.

ShaneG

Re: help with bringing gear back from the states

#2 Postby ShaneG » Sat Mar 26, 2016 6:58 pm

Couple of comments?
1. After chasing a rear bag in about 8 regional gunshops through New Mexico and Colorado 3 years ago I decided that Brownells and Midways had just about killed all the small shops. Most of the locals freely admit - oh I can order from x and have it in 2 days!
2. While I was there late last year the last gunshop in San Francisco closed!
Due to the political / social climate and imagine the situation where in a city of 900K IN USA a gunshop cannot be viable?? I avoid Califormia except to transit LA if I must!
3. There are many U.S. Laws governing export of firearms parts ( includes down to scope ring screws in some cases) - a literal minefield. Be careful.
4. U.S. Dept of Justice reaches out worldwide on these.

Vegas has all the machine gun parlours if that appeals?

See if there are any actual gun shows in the area at the time - worthwhile if there is one?
You will at least 70 times what a store may have in the racks.
Went to one in Denver last year and if they had one handgun they had at least 10K?!
Plus long arms obviously.
Have a great trip

shooter mcreid

#3 Postby shooter mcreid » Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:07 pm

Thanks very much Shane,
I have had mates that have been to the parlours and that is on my list. Even found one with a mini gun that does 4000 rounds a min. You purchase a hundred rounds for a second and a half of extreme fun!

bsouthernau

#4 Postby bsouthernau » Sun Mar 27, 2016 9:08 am

ShaneG wrote:2. While I was there late last year the last gunshop in San Francisco closed!

I'm very sorry to see that. I used them several times to export firearms or parts from the US. They gave excellent service and great value.

Barry

Return to “General Forum”