Prints from JGS

For general announcements, and anything which does not fit into one of the categories below.

Moderator: Mod

JakeTR

Prints from JGS

#1 Postby JakeTR » Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:25 pm

For your interest... Was making some enquiries about a custom print and received this reply from JGS

"We are unable to email prints due the State Department regulations but if you can acquire a print elsewhere and mark it up we can accept it from you. Hoping the rules may relax with our next administration next year. Our attorneys that guide us in exporting think they may."

Old Trev-39

Re: Prints from JGS

#2 Postby Old Trev-39 » Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:23 pm

What B/S--t. What can a few lines and numbers do. What a pity we do not have any one here who will make us reamers.
Trevor.

AlanF

#3 Postby AlanF » Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:09 pm

Would be interesting to know if other US reamer manufacturers (e.g. PTG, Manson) interpret things the same way. Seems strange if they would send you the reamer but not the print. After all the measurements can be obtained directly from the reamer :roll: .

If this becomes a general problem, I'd be a happy to host an online reamer print library. We could just ask people to send in a pic of their own reamer print(s). As far as I'm concerned, reamer specs are just one small part of the information we use, and no more valuable in the wrong hands than much of the technical advice on this and other forums, including US forums.

Norm

#4 Postby Norm » Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:40 pm

That's a great idea Alan.
I have a few to add to it if you are interested.

AlanF

#5 Postby AlanF » Sat Jan 23, 2016 6:59 am

Thanks Norm. I'd firstly like to wait and see what the situation is with the other manufacturers. Maybe JGS has an ultra-cautious legal adviser.

Has anyone received a reamer print from a US manufacturer recently?

pjifl

#6 Postby pjifl » Sat Jan 23, 2016 7:21 am

There are only a few critical dimensions that distinguish different versions of a chamber reamer.

Most likely, they will be able to supply you with these specs as figures.

Over the years, many Chamber Reamer Prints have found their way into computer documents and web sites.

Try a Google

Images Chamber Reamer Prints

and look at the stuff returned. It is a good way to waste a few hours if nothing else.

Peter Smith.

saum2

#7 Postby saum2 » Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:02 am

I have had a number of prints from PTG. They always send a print for approval before manufacture or sending the reamers. Maybe someone is playing games at JGS to protect their patents.

Grant G

#8 Postby Grant G » Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:55 am

Apart from Canada, JGS are Not accepting any overseas orders now!

A shame, they have always been very good to deal with.

Return to “General Forum”