R.I.P. Cameron McEwan - share your photo memories please.

For general announcements, and anything which does not fit into one of the categories below.

Moderator: Mod

ecomeat

R.I.P. Cameron McEwan - share your photo memories please.

#1 Postby ecomeat » Thu Dec 31, 2015 7:04 pm

I spoke to Julie today and we had a really good talk. She would be pleased if all and any could support this call :
Could everyone please share their any of their own photos that include Cam, on this thread ?
It is quite possible that there could be many private photos out there, that could otherwise never be made public. and hence never be seen by Julie, or fellow shooters.
No need to write a journal to accompany a photo......although you could if you wanted to .......but hopefully a date and a location so all know where they were taken.
Ipswich OPM 2013

Ipswich again

NRAA Queens 2013

Rick Jensens photo of the shirt he swapped with Cam at Raton

North Arm OPM 2013

Please add any photos of your own that include Cam.
I hope to be able to confirm his funeral details on this thread tomorrow, Friday.
Tony Berry
Extreme accuracy and precision shooting at long range can be a very addictive pastime.

AlanF

Re: R.I.P. Cameron McEwan - share your photo memories please

#2 Postby AlanF » Thu Dec 31, 2015 8:51 pm

Thanks Tony.

If anyone is unsure about how to include pictures, please email them to me webmaster@ozfclass.com and I will give you a link to put in your post.

Julie we can't begin to know what you're going through - hopefully it will help you to know how much love and respect the F Class community has had and will continue to have for Cam.

Alan

plumbs7

#3 Postby plumbs7 » Thu Dec 31, 2015 10:05 pm

My 1000 yd win , shared with Cam! This Photo is on my office wall with Cam's big smile !
[URLImage
=http://s1304.photobucket.com/user/Plumbs7/media/Mobile%20Uploads/75337286-5E91-4BE4-AD26-06ED6D3B5F39_zpsvnakygpk.jpg.html]Image[/URL]
I think this was after the worlds , taken by Julie I think . It's my favourite!
Happier times Denis , photo taken by Julie !
2014 Nationals at the 900 yds line !

plumbs7

#4 Postby plumbs7 » Thu Dec 31, 2015 10:16 pm

Good thread Tony!

plumbs7

#5 Postby plumbs7 » Thu Dec 31, 2015 10:33 pm

Crows nest 2015

2014 Doug Turner Memorial trophy which Cam Won!

SunnyCoast 5r

#6 Postby SunnyCoast 5r » Thu Dec 31, 2015 11:43 pm

2015 North Arm OPM (a shot went a bit high and I suggested to Cameron that he had done an O ring
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

pjifl

#7 Postby pjifl » Fri Jan 01, 2016 12:01 am

Do not forget there are videos of Cam somewhere showing his rifle control during recoil.

scott/r

#8 Postby scott/r » Fri Jan 01, 2016 8:00 am

http://www.accurateshooter.com/guns-of- ... australia/

Sorry it's not a photo, but it is the first time I came across this guy from Queensland when I was looking for something new to do with my young bloke. Who would have thought that such a nice bloke from out Dalby/Tara way could have gotten an article published on an American website.
It was Cameron's story that made Matty's and my mind up of what we wanted to do. We had been shooting with North Arm for about a month when the club held it's opm in 2013 and I thought "why not, I'll give it a go". One of the first people I see is this guy that we read about and his wife. And they are both wearing ,and very proudly, Aussie f/open shirts. All could think was, " how cool are these guys".

plumbs7

#9 Postby plumbs7 » Fri Jan 01, 2016 8:26 am

scott/r wrote:http://www.accurateshooter.com/guns-of-week/maadco-max-6mmbr-from-australia/

Sorry it's not a photo, but it is the first time I came across this guy from Queensland when I was looking for something new to do with my young bloke. Who would have thought that such a nice bloke from out Dalby/Tara way could have gotten an article published on an American website.
It was Cameron's story that made Matty's and my mind up of what we wanted to do. We had been shooting with North Arm for about a month when the club held it's opm in 2013 and I thought "why not, I'll give it a go". One of the first people I see is this guy that we read about and his wife. And they are both wearing ,and very proudly, Aussie f/open shirts. All could think was, " how cool are these guys".

Yep I read that one too! I was still at Cannon hill RC ( Mark F 's club). And I was quite curious about this husband and wife team from Dalby/ tara. So looking for a club a little closer to me , I went a payed a visit one Saturday and that was the first time I got to meet Cam and Julie! I was in my Gt of course! And Cam loved it . They both made me welcome and the rest is history !

plumbs7

#10 Postby plumbs7 » Fri Jan 01, 2016 8:44 am

Hey Mr Sunnycoast , u beat me too it ! I was going to post this one!

I wanted to post this photo shot by Denis , just to remind us all at Cam was also a master gunsmith in his own right . It would be fair to say that he was one of the first to use dampeners and with orings !
Se Qld have continued on this work in our little group and you have seen Denis's interpretation of Cam's Idea . Gatton / Glenore RC saw my .308 hunting rifle when I was testing with Cam's idea of orings , a few weeks ago! So with Cam's idea and his permission I've carried it on with my 7-08ai to take my first badge at Warwick! Still very much in its development !

So he was an innovator and always on the cutting edge of it!

Also , did u ever see him shoot bad range or have a meltdown? I think that I can recall , only 2 ranges where he had a bad one ! A little different to me!!!lol!

It was a privilege to know him and Sad to know he won't be around !
Regards Graham Sells Dalby/ Tara RC

ecomeat

#11 Postby ecomeat » Sat Jan 02, 2016 5:12 am

Cams funeral notice from the Toowoomba Chronicle newspaper

McEWAN, Cameron Reginald

Late of Dalby. Passed away on 26th December 2015, aged 59 years.

Beloved Husband of Julie. Dearly loved Father of Bianca, Sabrina, and Geoffrey, and their partners. Dearly loved Son of Arch and Rae (dec’d) and loved Son-in-law of Arthur (dec’d) and Earla Voght. Loved Brother of Malcolm and Cathy, and their families.

Relatives and friends are respectfully invited to attend Cameron’s funeral to be held at St. Mark’s Lutheran Church, corner Archibald and Condamine Streets, Dalby service commencing at 11:00am Friday 8th January 2016 followed by interment at Myall Remembrance Park.

”Now at Peace”
Extreme accuracy and precision shooting at long range can be a very addictive pastime.

DenisA

#12 Postby DenisA » Mon Jan 04, 2016 3:20 pm

This is my favourite photo of Cam and how I'll always remember him. It's captured his character and love of shooting F-class comps perfectly.

It was at the North Arm Centenary Prize Meeting in 2014.

Return to “General Forum”