Some Stats from the Rankings Data

For general announcements, and anything which does not fit into one of the categories below.

Moderator: Mod

AlanF

Some Stats from the Rankings Data

#1 Postby AlanF » Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:41 pm

I have just updated the rankings at http://www.ozfclass.com/rankings/default.html - sorry WA shooters - a bit slow with this one. I note that Bill Hallam has got up to 6th place in F-Std, not bad given he only shoots the WARA Queens.

I did some summaries of F-Class numbers competing at Queens series over the last 5 years. There's no doubt that F/TR is growing fastest, F-Std hasn't grown over that time, and this year, F-Open numbers have dropped a little. BTW its called "Calendar Years", but is actually November to November, because the ACT Queens is included in the following year. Note also that I haven't just added up the numbers in every field - this counts the shooters who have completed at least one event (leadup or Queens) during the year.

I should add that total F-Class Queens participation has increased every year, but has flattened out. 2014 showed a very big increase, but 2015 hardly any. Maybe the publicity from the FCWC boosted numbers? Will be interesting to see how 2016 goes i.e. will growth resume?

AlanBT

Re: Some Stats from the Rankings Data

#2 Postby AlanBT » Fri Oct 09, 2015 1:57 pm

Interesting. Do you know where the Full Bore numbers lie in the table Alan?

From what I have seen at OPMs around Sydney is the number of F-Class shooters has caught up with, or overtaken the number of Full Bore shooters, or that the number of Full Bore shooters is on the decline. Just don't know which.

At my club F-Class shooters now outnumber Full Bore by about 3:1, 10 years ago it was the reverse.

FTR is getting traction also at our club, mostly as a second discipline for F-Standard or F-Open shooters who want more trigger time.

Alan

Return to “General Forum”