Grading - F Class NSW & ACT

For general announcements, and anything which does not fit into one of the categories below.

Moderator: Mod

John S

Grading - F Class NSW & ACT

#1 Postby John S » Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:31 pm

The time has come for NSW F Class to defer to and support the NRAA national grading system.

The final NSW and ACT grading reports for F Class Std, Open and TR will be published on http://www.nswfclass.com.au at the completion of the 2015 Qld Queens series.

NSW and ACT members will in the future need to consult the NRAA grading system for their grading status.

Members are encourage to promote the NRAA grading system and encourage OPM organisers to submit their results to NRAA using the program provided.

Thank you for your support since 2009 to present day.

Welcome to a "brave" new world!!!

Cheers

John S
http://www.nswfclass.com.au

BATattack

Re: Grading - F Class NSW & ACT

#2 Postby BATattack » Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:38 pm

so what are you planning on doing with the grading system?

are you going to have a A, B, C grade in all f class grades as well as TR and give prizes out for all at OPM's?

John S

#3 Postby John S » Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:09 pm

The new national grading system began on the 1 July 2015.

Most states and territories up to this date maintained a f class grading system. Given the national system is now in place and operating there is no need for individual states and territories to maintain their own grading system for the various disciplines.

So what am I doing?

Supporting the national grading system administered by NRAA on behalf of member states and territories.

Cheers

John S
Last edited by John S on Thu Aug 20, 2015 4:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

DannyS

#4 Postby DannyS » Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:31 pm

So, are rankings only going queens PMs or on Open Prize Meetings ?
You might as well be yourself, everyone else is already taken.

John S

#5 Postby John S » Thu Aug 20, 2015 4:07 am

DannyS you would need to seek clarification on the national ranking system from the NRAA Rules Director Bob Pedersen. I would assume it would be based on Queens and OPMs, however I don't know any details of the proposed scheme. Cheers John S.

ecomeat

#6 Postby ecomeat » Thu Aug 20, 2015 6:35 am

DannyS wrote:So, are rankings only going queens PMs or on Open Prize Meetings ?

Danny,
I am pretty confident that it is based on your last 8 shoots, regardless of whether they be Queens, Lead Ups or OPMs that have used the NRAA online results system.
Our Club....Beaudesert in Qld.....did not use the system at our OPM in July (short on manpower with Pres and Sec both unavailable and our Treasurer/score- keeper not computer savvy) and even though the results were given to NRAA, it's pretty clear that it wasn't done via the NRAA online system, because it doesn't appear on the Grading for event winner Denis Aaron's (DenisA on here).
Mine is current, with last weeks Lead Up then Queens results included.

Did you know that you can , (and have you done it ?) .......check your own....or any other shooter ?
It shows Mr Daniel Sandford, #31272 from Hamilton RC has a Grading of 98.72 in F Std A. He has no results in F Open of TR.
He is ranked on his last 8 shoots. It shows he got lucky and won....so 100%....at St Arnaud (177-13), Summer by the Sea (344-23) and Hamilton (169-10) =D> :roll:

And it shows his results at Warracknabeal (2 x days) St Arnaud again ( the other day where he only shot a 167-8 :roll: ), Victorian Rifle Championships 2015 (443-23) and No 1 DRA PM.

The line on a shooters record that shows the Grading is also a "link", so if you double click on it, it opens up to reveal the shoots/results that are included in the current Grading.
It seems certain that if a Club hosting an OPM uses the NRAA online system for their results, then the results become part of a participating shooters Grading instantaneously .
Extreme accuracy and precision shooting at long range can be a very addictive pastime.

ecomeat

#7 Postby ecomeat » Thu Aug 20, 2015 6:42 am

John S wrote:DannyS you would need to seek clarification on the national ranking system from the NRAA Rules Director Bob Pedersen. I would assume it would be based on Queens and OPMs, however I don't know any details of the proposed scheme. Cheers John S.

Danny,
The NRAA web page has an explanation of how it works http://www.nraa.com.au/wp-content/uploa ... rogram.pdf and also on the page that drops down when you Click on the "Shooter ID and Grades" tab
Extreme accuracy and precision shooting at long range can be a very addictive pastime.

DannyS

#8 Postby DannyS » Thu Aug 20, 2015 7:39 am

Haha Tony, you missed my scores at the Stawell OPM.

I'm fully aware how the NRAA grading system works, having previously checked your grading Tony :D

My query was more in relation to rankings as opposed to gradings.

Cheers
Danny

ecomeat

#9 Postby ecomeat » Thu Aug 20, 2015 7:48 am

So do you also have (or have had) a "Rankings" system in Vic, totally separate to Alans "Oz F Class Rankings" ??
Or are you asking/talking about the ozfclass.com rankings that Alan maintains ?
I am confused :D :mrgreen: :D

DannyS

#10 Postby DannyS » Thu Aug 20, 2015 7:55 am

Hi Tony, Victoria had a ranking system, nothing to do with Alan's system, the NRAA were going to have a ranking but at this stage appear to have grading only.

Sorry you are confused :^o

John S

#11 Postby John S » Thu Aug 20, 2015 7:56 am

Danny's question was regarding ranking...this part of the grading program is being developed.

I have used the national grading system on behalf of Ungarie OPM, Riverina DRA OPM and Spring Ridge OPM. I found the system straight forward, however if a club does not have access to the internet either before or after the event then it is impossible to participate in the scheme. Having said that it is straight forward, I can imagine some having genuine difficulties without some computer experience.

I am hoping that each State or Territory will appoint a person or two to assist clubs running a OPM can call on to assist with data entry etc. thus ensuring scores are uploaded and grading is updated.

OPM organiser need to contact NRAA prior to the event and provide details of their event. The event is then registered into the grading system and a data entry template is then available...hard to explain without showing.... This information is contained within the link Tony has posted above.

The grading system is a very powerful system. An OPM with internet connection can managed their event from the start or enter the data after the event. You do have an option of entering a total score for an individual eg 60.6 or the individual shots eg 6666XXXXXX etc.

The bottom line is .... No scores...no grading...

Please don't be put off by the new system and please give it a go.

Cheers

John S

ecomeat

#12 Postby ecomeat » Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:10 am

John,....or anyone,
any ideas as to how Stawell OPM.....which Danny won :roll: :roll: , doesnt appear on his Grading page, yet it is "in" the NRAA system and was only three months ago ?
Where we didnt use the NRAA system with our own OPM at Beaudesert, and obviously cant expect NRAA to enter all of the data, then it cant be in the "Gradings". But Stawell OPM results are recorded on the NRAA.....but not mentioned in Dannys own Grading ?
Thanks,
Tony

DannyS

#13 Postby DannyS » Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:27 am

Haha Tony, I hadn't noticed that.

Cheers
Danny

DannyS

#14 Postby DannyS » Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:34 am

Just checked the gradings of a number of shooters that were also at Stawell, no mention of Stawell on their gradings.

Now I'm confused.

John S

#15 Postby John S » Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:09 am

Danny...talk to Jo at NRAA. Jo fixed up the Spring Ridge results for me during the week. Results were in the system but had not automatically filtered to grading. Problem was attended to in minutes.

Cheers

John S

Return to “General Forum”