importing projectiles

For general announcements, and anything which does not fit into one of the categories below.

Moderator: Mod

macguru

importing projectiles

#1 Postby macguru » Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:12 pm

I want to import some target bullets from Canada. Initially 100, then a larger quantity. Can someone tell me whats involved?. I believe you need a 709 form from the registry, is that right ? Do you just need one or one per import batch ? what is an end user certificate ??

cheers Andrew
id quod est

AlanBT

Re: importing projectiles

#2 Postby AlanBT » Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:28 am

Hi Andrew,

I recently imported 1000 Berger projectiles from Brownells and the process was a piece of piss (legal for "very easy" :D ). This end all you need is a B709A, one per shipment. At the other end Brownells handled the export licence and all the PITA paperwork at the US Government for 3% of the total. Canada seems to be a little easier to get stuff out of than the USA, but I have no idea as to their actual process.

Hope this helps

Alan

shooter mcreid

#3 Postby shooter mcreid » Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:23 am

I have always had to pick the projectiles up from customs in person with my approved B709A in hand, is this the experience everyone else has had? In the past I have always tried to keep it under a grand per shipment to dodge the tax however those rules might be changing soon from what I have heard. I have mainly dealt with reloading international and all in all it was easy just took a bit of time.

wing01

#4 Postby wing01 » Sun Aug 02, 2015 1:32 pm

Who out of Canada are you using I have used Reloader International a while back and it was smooth dealing with them

Peter L

#5 Postby Peter L » Sun Aug 02, 2015 4:34 pm

Sinclair will charge you with 3% or $250 whichever is greater for their paperwork plus postage.ReloaderInternational will charge you with 10% plus $67 postage to Australia.You've got to send them a copy of B709A permit and sometimes they need an end of user declaration.The customs(here) will tell you that this is a prohibitive item but sending the ORIGINAL B709A they will release the goods.
I hope that I help a bit.
Peter

macguru

#6 Postby macguru » Mon Aug 03, 2015 2:56 am

got this reply so i will not bother
••••••••••
Hi Andrew,
Because my jackets are of US origin I need to report to the State Dept if
I were to ship my bullets out of Canada. So I no longer export, Sorry.

Thanks, Marshal
•••••••••••

I forgot that Canada is actually a part of the USA, silly me.
id quod est

Return to “General Forum”