Lobbiest have lever actions in sights / NFA Review

For general announcements, and anything which does not fit into one of the categories below.

Moderator: Mod

Tim L

Re: Lobbiest have lever actions in sights / Qld e petition

#46 Postby Tim L » Fri Apr 22, 2016 1:52 pm

Sam Walker wrote:
Tim L wrote:Graham,
Thank you for your efforts.
It was good to see the acting Premier of NSW take the mocrophone and accurately point the finger at Mr Shoebridge as the source of misinformation and scare tactics.
I (probably like most firearms owners) don't have an issue with 'gun control' and hopefully we will see it steered in the right direction so it will be 'effective' gun control. Perhaps if gun control Australia could shed off the extremist bigotry they could actually be useful. As it is they are just a nuisance organisation, not just for lafos but for the whole debate. At least that is now being recognised by the authorities.
Thanks again Graham

Re the bit in bold

This is quite naive ! the proponents of Gun Control are all about banning the shooting sports by slowly tightening the noose of restrictions.

It is a policy of the Greens to put an end to private firearms ownership. If you believe they will ever become reasonable, you are just kidding yourself !

Shooters of all disciplines need to work together at opposing the "death by a thousand cuts"

Please point out the naivity Sam. I didn't even suggest they could, just that if they did they might be useful.

How on earth do you intend to unite shooters if you start off by insulting them for something they havent done or for holding a belief they haven't expressed?

plumbs7

#47 Postby plumbs7 » Sun Apr 24, 2016 4:50 pm

Hello all , just want to say , the last thing we need or want is any difference of option get nasty ! As a few have expressed that we need to be united . Through Qld shooters Union they found that the Labour Gov has tried to do a secret review of the firearms act without consultation atm. But I haven't heard anymore of it ! As shooters we have done well in getting our voice out there! Be proud of ur sport and share it in a positive light with friends and colleagues .
I haven't heard about anymore with the Adler gun being reclassified or at worst our 30/30 lever actions which have been in this country since the late 1800's early 1900's .
So let's keep united and polite , firm but respectfull . Maybe if there is a disagreement among ouselves , pm them instead and sort it out of the public eye. Last thing , like I said, is for coalition for gun control to see disunity . Keep writing those letters to ur local politicians .

Regards Graham.

AlanF

#48 Postby AlanF » Mon May 16, 2016 8:20 am

And seriously consider voting for the Shooters & Fishers Party in the Senate at the upcoming Federal election. If we can get even a single member in, and the govt doesn't have a clear majority, then that member will have bargaining power with whichever party wins government. Its happening in Victorian government right now, with two F & S senators. Neither major party will do much for us unless its worth their while in pure political terms.

Razer

#49 Postby Razer » Mon May 16, 2016 3:25 pm

AlanF wrote:And seriously consider voting for the Shooters & Fishers Party in the Senate at the upcoming Federal election. If we can get even a single member in, and the govt doesn't have a clear majority, then that member will have bargaining power with whichever party wins government. Its happening in Victorian government right now, with two F & S senators. Neither major party will do much for us unless its worth their while in pure political terms.

Spot on Alan. =D>
I have been 'instructing' friends to vote for who they like for local MP, but, when it comes to the Senate, vote S and F party.
Without the two shooters and Fishers Party members in NSW Parliament we would have been seriously 'disadvantaged' (to put it mildly) by now.

Peter L

#50 Postby Peter L » Mon May 16, 2016 8:15 pm

Finally we getting somewhere.I joined the S&F some time ago just for this particular reason.Please,do not vote for the major parties.There are some good independent guys who can support us.In minorities governments,we have a very good chance to keep on going.Do not vote greens!!!!!

plumbs7

#51 Postby plumbs7 » Tue May 24, 2016 5:50 pm

Just a reminder fellow Lafos! The election is coming up and I've put done the list of people that have helped us keep our lever actions . And have shown some leadership and stood up for us .
Please keep them in mind when the time for voting for the Federal election that is due soon ! Regards Graham .

Senator Bridget McKenzie senator.mckenzie@aph.gov.au
Senator Nigel Scullion Senator.Scullion@aph.gov.au
Hon John Cobb MP John.Cobb.MP@aph.gov.au
Ross Vasta MP Ross.Vasta.MP@aph.gov.au
Mark Coulton MP Mark.Coulton.MP@aph.gov.au
To the MP’s that moved a motion of disallowance for the regulation to prohibit the import of the 7 shot Adler shotgun:

In the Upper House:
Senator David Leyonheljm senator.leyonhjelm@aph.gov.au
Senator Ricky Muir senator.muir@aph.gov.au
In the Lower House:
Hon Bob Katter MP Bob.Katter.MP@aph.gov.au
Cathy McGowan AO, MP Cathy.McGowan.MP@aph.gov.au
To the Minister for Justice who has committed to personally chair monthly consultation with the recently formed Industry Reference Group comprising of Firearms Industry and user organisations:
Hon Michael Keenan MP michael.keenan.mp@aph.gov.au
And to our State members of Parliament that have been working hard behind the scenes with State Governments around the country:

Shooters and Fishers Party:
Hon Robert Borsak MLC robert.borsak@parliament.nsw.gov.au
Hon Robert Brown MLC Robert.Brown@parliament.nsw.gov.au
Jeff Bourman MLC jeff.bourman@parliament.vic.gov.au
Daniel Young MLC daniel.young@parliament.vic.gov.au
Hon Rick Mazza MLC rick.mazza@mp.wa.gov.au
Katter’s Australian Party:
Robbie Katter MP rob.katter@parliament.qld.gov.au
Shane Knuth Dalrymple@parliament.qld.gov.au

Razer

#52 Postby Razer » Tue May 24, 2016 7:13 pm

Thank you for posting info, but, to correct the list;
John Cobb MP is retiring, and, the new National member for Calare, who will be seeking election, is Andrew Gee.
Not sure just where he stands regarding firearms but he has just finishing his term as state MP for this area.

Peter L

#53 Postby Peter L » Tue May 24, 2016 11:07 pm

Plenty of them.I'll not vote for a politician who "listen" to our problems,I'd vote for people(senators) who through the year stood up and supported the fire arms sport.One of them is David Leyoheljm.I hope I spelled it right.I have nothing to to do with this guy,so no gains here,but he always stood up and supported the law abided arm owners.And there many others,like Ricky Muir.So,you shooters have a lot of power to do and make things.Do you want to keep on shooting,then vote the right bloody way this time around!!!!!!!Wake up mate!!!!DO NOT VOTE FOR LIBERALS,LABOR,GREENS.They are there for their gold cards,percks,super, super, super annuation and the list goes on and on.The govertment is not brocken IT'S FIXED.(some body said)and I agreed
Peter Lazos

plumbs7

#54 Postby plumbs7 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 4:16 pm

For your information From Noia :

“an expression of interest process … similar to the parole board process”; neither has occurred.

Firearm Dealers Association of Queensland president Rob Nioa said it was clear the Police Minister had deliberately misled parliament, for which he should face serious sanctions.

“This was no slip of the tongue, Bill Byrne spoke clearly in parliament and backed this up with a media release proclaiming his consultation would be superior to the successful advisory panel that had effectively served governments of both sides of politics,” Mr Nioa said.

“Just two months later the Minister’s first meeting is held in the shadow of the federal election, in a cynical attempt to avoid focusing on the fact no expressions of interest were called for, and no industry representatives have been invited. That suggests he has either misled parliament or doesn’t even know what his office is doing. This is becoming a pattern. Bill Byrne insulted law abiding farmers by accusing them of acting like they’re in the Wild West, then misled Parliament by saying he had consulted with AgForce to cover his tracks.”

Mr Nioa said the Police Minister should face censure in Parliament, and the State Government should reopen its forum to industry as originally promised.

“It is ridiculous that the state’s firearm dealers, are not being consulted about ways to make more effective firearm laws, when they process every transaction in the state and have made common sense recommendations to improve the laws,” he said.

Previous efforts to enable firearm dealers to electronically access background information for firearm sales, and to modernise the recording of firearm transactions have been rejected.

“Our members are being taken for granted; legislation governing their business is being debated by people without a detailed understanding of the issues they face. No industry would consider that acceptable,” Mr Nioa said, “Firearm dealers process private sales between licensed firearm owners, which means frontline police don’t need to have licensed owners bringing firearms with them to a police station to sell to another, nor do police have to be tied up processing paperwork and red tape.

Our members are subsidising government services, the police don’t want the extra burden, yet the Minister doesn’t even have the courtesy to invite us to the table, despite his promises.

Given the State Government is clearly not committed to hearing from those whose livelihoods are linked to the effective operation of these laws, we will have to consider all of our options.”

Email the Qld Premier & Police Minister

Queensland Premier
The Hon. Annastacia Palaszczuk
E: thepremier@premiers.qld.gov.au

Queensland Police Minister
The Hon. Bill Byrne
E: police@ministerial.qld.gov.au

Email your local Member of Parliament

For the complete list of Queensland Members of Parliament - CLICK HERE

Copyright © 2016 NIOA, All rights reserved.
In the past you provided NIOA with your email address. Occasionally you will receive brief announcements regarding special items or services. If you no longer want to receive these announcements, please click unsubscribe link below.

jasmay

#55 Postby jasmay » Fri Jul 29, 2016 8:56 pm

http://www.9news.com.au/national/2016/0 ... n-extended

http://www.firearmscouncil.org.au/index ... crackdown/

We are continually under attack from the Anti's, it's getting ridiculous.

plumbs7

#56 Postby plumbs7 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 10:44 am

Well today is D Day for the Adler shot gun . Chances are it will be reclassified into a higher cat 7 shot possibly cat c or hopefully cat b ! We can be thankful in one way that it's just the 7 shot Adler and not our 30-30 rifles !
Watch the news tonight to find out with the NFA and the COAG meeting?
JJJ hack program last night ! Thanks Jason S for setting the truth ! And Geoff Jones for doing a good job !
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Mva_vfs7Us

macguru

#57 Postby macguru » Fri Oct 21, 2016 1:30 pm

They just failed to reach agreement... how dumb is that

If a 10 shot 357mag lever gun is cat B, why not classify all the lever/magazine shotguns as cat B, leaving the double barrels in Cat A and the pumps in cat C ?? just asking ...

I own one 30-30 lever carbine and no shotguns

Also personally, why not make the pump shotguns cat B ???? You can buy a pump rem rifle in cat B . This is a major anomaly to me but I would not like to bring it up at a greenies convention as i know what they would say ... !
id quod est

AlanF

#58 Postby AlanF » Fri Oct 21, 2016 3:36 pm

macguru wrote:They just failed to reach agreement... how dumb is that

That's about as dumb as having a system where the States can have different laws on things which aren't affected by geographic location.

johnk

#59 Postby johnk » Fri Oct 21, 2016 4:22 pm

macguru wrote:Also personally, why not make the pump shotguns cat B ???? You can buy a pump rem rifle in cat B . This is a major anomaly to me but I would not like to bring it up at a greenies convention as i know what they would say ... !

Wasn't greenies. Was mister see you next Tuesday Howard.

macguru

Re: Lobbiest have lever actions in sights / NFA Review

#60 Postby macguru » Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:00 pm

see point 4 below
Your comment on: Pig-headed Tony Abbott shoots off his mouth

macguru Today, 06:54PM
The ignorance of the general public on these issues is very frustrating to gun owners... briefly
1. In practice Cat A and Cat B firearms are available to pretty much the same pool of authorised gun owners with valid reasons. (Cat C & D are NOT)
2. There are already lever rifles that fire 10 rounds of pistol ammo , and even pump action hunting rifles (but not shotguns) available in Cat B. These have more firepower than the Adler. They are very slow to reload however which is why armies never adopted them very much.
3. Lever action firearms have been available in Australia for over 150 years
4. The only reason the Adler attracted all this attention is because Bob Katter's son in law, who imports them, published an ad about its 'speed' (compared to a double barrel) and this got up the nose of some Greenie.
id quod est

Return to “General Forum”