Frank Green and Tracy Bartlein from Bartlein Barrels

For general announcements, and anything which does not fit into one of the categories below.

Moderator: Mod

ecomeat

Frank Green and Tracy Bartlein from Bartlein Barrels

#1 Postby ecomeat » Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:27 am

Its always interesting to see someone for the first time whom you have had quite a bit of correspondence with, but never actually met.
Frank Green has become quite well known to this Forum through his replacement of my 7mm barrel along with honest and enlightening input on many related shooting topics.......hell he sort of feels like he is part of our F Class "family" :D :D
I stumbled on a short interview with them on YouTube, so thought I should share it here.
See if you can guess correctly which is Frank and which is Tracy when the video first opens
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1EqyKiS ... ata_player

A bit of info from Accurate Shooter for those who haven't heard of them :
Bartlein Barrels in Review
Precision Shooting magazine’s February ’07 issue featured an excellent write-up about Bartlein Barrels, an up and coming barrel-maker that is producing outstanding match barrels. Click HERE to read the story, by Robert Whitley. We were sufficiently impressed with reports about Bartlein barrels from top smiths such as Alan Warner and Richard Franklin, that we chose Bartlein to produce two barrels for AccurateShooter.com’s 6×47/6.5×47 Lapua test gun now in the works.

The two founders of Bartlein are Tracy Bartlein and Frank Green. Both men worked at Krieger Barrels for many years. Bartlein employs advanced CNC machining techniques to produce barrels that are super-straight and dimensionally uniform. Alan Warner says the Bartlein barrel he installed on his wife’s 6.5-284 F-Classer shoots close to 1/4 MOA at 600 yards and cleans up easily. Richard Franklin told us the Bartleins he’s received have been outstanding. Robert Whitley has ordered eight Bartlein barrels, and he reports they are “great on the outside [and] when bore scoped, looked perfect on the inside as well”.

And a plug for the go-to source for Bartleins here in Australia http://www.7mm.com.au !!
Extreme accuracy and precision shooting at long range can be a very addictive pastime.

Frank Green

Re: Frank Green and Tracy Bartlein from Bartlein Barrels

#2 Postby Frank Green » Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:13 pm

I hate that video! LOL! They caught is in the middle of the aisle and wanted an on the spot interview. Oh well! What you gonna do!

I held back on some of the things I wanted to say/how I wanted to respond to they're questions.

You get asked a question and they want a 10 second response but usually the questions/answers are more involved then that!

Here is another picture with a few other guys as well! From left to right.....Greg Young (owner of Southern Precision Rifles), Brian, Frank, Tracy, Double J (Jeff) and Justin. That's just a few of us!

http://bugholes.com/index.php?route=pro ... h=88_89_93

Later, Frank

Return to “General Forum”