Queens Badge Petition is Now Open

For general announcements, and anything which does not fit into one of the categories below.

Moderator: Mod

AlanF

Queens Badge Petition is Now Open

#1 Postby AlanF » Wed Feb 11, 2015 8:31 am

Its time to get started. The web page is http://ozfclass.com/petitions. The online list of names (still empty at time of writing) is at http://ozfclass.com/petitions/badgeptn.htm. When opening up that page in future, refresh the web page with F5 or better, Ctrl-F5 in case an older version is cached somewhere between your computer and the website. I might be doing some improvements as we go, but the basics are in place.

We need as many of you as possible to download the petition form, print it, and take it to your club (this weekend if possible), then get the names back into me by e-mail : webmaster@ozfclass.com. If you can't get to your club, then just send in your own name. You're welcome to announce your support here on the forum, but only e-mailed names will be put on the list. As said elsewhere, signatures not required. The main thing is that the message gets through - there is no legal requirement for signatures, and it is a security risk having them widely publicised.

Let's get this show on the road!

sevenmil

Re: Queens Badge Petition is Now Open

#2 Postby sevenmil » Fri Feb 13, 2015 9:10 pm

This is a great initiative, well done. I can't believe that such a divisive move has been made, a great way to sabotage your own sport - we really need to band together and grow, not have internal rivalries.

I will be distributing the petition amongst our club and will come back tot you…

=D>

DannyS

#3 Postby DannyS » Fri Feb 13, 2015 9:44 pm

Come on get those names rolling in. Individual members can add their names. A lot of shooters don't read this forum. Now is the time to get them started, talk about it at your club this weekend. F class members out number TR members in some states, doesn't mean we don't support TR, we are all in this together.

Cheers
Danny
You might as well be yourself, everyone else is already taken.

AlanF

#4 Postby AlanF » Sat Feb 14, 2015 7:12 am

Yes, if you're reading this prior to going to the range, please download and print a couple of petition forms to take with you.

CLICK HERE to download a form.

Most of our numbers will be collected in this way, so we're counting on forum members to help. And don't forget to talk to TR shooters as well. In some ways, having their names on the petition is more important than F-Class.

DenisA

#5 Postby DenisA » Sat Feb 14, 2015 8:24 pm

I sincerely hope these numbers get moving. Thought we'd have more names by now.

How did every one go getting names at clubs?

AlanF

#6 Postby AlanF » Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:46 pm

I wouldn't be too concerned at this stage Aaron. I'm fairly confident that it'll keep growing steadily, particularly when more club forms start coming back. Down the track I'll start printing the list sorted by club name. Then we can ask you all to look for clubs near you which appear to have been missed, and ask you to provide a willing member of those clubs with a petition form.

The list will never shrink, and it will remain and grow on this public website for months if necessary, until a satisfactory outcome is achieved.

Peter L

#7 Postby Peter L » Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:48 pm

I managed to get a number of names most of them TR. A small minority said"I'm thinking about it".My answer was"If you don't fight for your rights,don't bloody complain when you lose them".So far so good, we're getting there.
Peter

Return to “General Forum”