New Information and another Queens Badge Poll

For general announcements, and anything which does not fit into one of the categories below.

Moderator: Mod

What should we now do about the Queens Badge question?

Nothing - it is not important to me
15%
We should contact our S & T Associations and protest
13%
We should run a petition requesting a reversal
11%
Both (contact S & Ts AND run a petition)
61%

Total votes: 54

AlanF

#1 Postby AlanF » Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:46 pm

I have been patiently waiting on the energy limits issue to die down a little, so that we can take another look at F-Class Queens badge affair. It hasn't died down :roll: , but because time is getting away, can you please take another look at this.

What myself and a couple of helpers have discovered is that the decision to disallow F-Class Queens badges was technically made by a unanimous decision of the S & T delegates at a NRAA Members meeting. I say technically because you would expect that the NRAA Board contributed to it, and I say unanimous only because they all ended up agreeing (some reluctantly) to fall into line. And in fairness to the NRAA, the issue seems to have been triggered much earlier by the question of whether previous F-Class Queens No 1 badge winners should be able to march behind the chairing procession.

Does this change anything? It certainly reduces our suspicions of a hidden agenda. But regardless of what brought it about, whichever way you look at it, the decision is disrespectful to F-Class. It sends a clear message that we are not considered worthy of earning a Queens badge. Even if some of the S & T delegates were led to believe that the NRA of GB might punish us, why did they choose to sacrifice F-Class to save TR??

Something that is very relevant to this issue is that there is an NRAA Members meeting very soon (Wednesday Feb 25 I believe). This sounds like the same type of meeting as the one which made the earlier decision, with delegates from all the S & Ts attending. What better group of people to send our message to? So regardless of whether we do a petition, it now seems that contacting your own S & T Association BEFORE that meeting will be very effective.

The poll above is different from the earlier one in the light of this new information. We'd appreciate some guidance on where to go on this issue so your vote will be appreciated.

Alan

Peter L

Re: New Information and another Queens Badge Poll

#2 Postby Peter L » Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:37 am

Alan
One of the S&T councils is VRA.Did they ask anybody of its members for some feed back?Did they explain what or why they voting that or this way?NO!Despide the fact that the majority of the councilors are F Class.So I can't see a petition or any other means of communication will have a reversal result.I'm not going to a PM(see Queens) if I'm treated as a poor idiot.
Peter

Triplejim

#3 Postby Triplejim » Fri Feb 06, 2015 1:11 pm

AlanF wrote: Something that is very relevant to this issue is that there is an NRAA Members meeting very soon (Wednesday Feb 25 I believe).
Alan

It's an NRAA Board meeting not a General meeting

AlanF

#4 Postby AlanF » Fri Feb 06, 2015 3:05 pm

My apologies to everyone. Its hard to get reliable information sometimes. When is the next General Meeting James? The NRAA website has nothing (at all) listed on their 2015 calendar.

Cliff Austen

#5 Postby Cliff Austen » Fri Feb 06, 2015 4:47 pm

Has anyone received a ruling from the UK re this subject?
Cheers
Cliff.

Triplejim

#6 Postby Triplejim » Fri Feb 06, 2015 5:38 pm

AlanF wrote:When is the next General Meeting James?
November AGM each year.

Triplejim

#7 Postby Triplejim » Fri Feb 06, 2015 5:42 pm

Cliff Austen wrote:Has anyone received a ruling from the UK re this subject?
Cheers Cliff.

Yes, in the process of receiving other information.

KHGS

#8 Postby KHGS » Fri Feb 06, 2015 5:55 pm

Triplejim wrote:
AlanF wrote: Something that is very relevant to this issue is that there is an NRAA Members meeting very soon (Wednesday Feb 25 I believe).
Alan

It's an NRAA Board meeting not a General meeting

Seeing it is a board directive, shouldn't the board deal with it & FIX it????? :x :x :x
Keith H.

KHGS

#9 Postby KHGS » Fri Feb 06, 2015 6:02 pm

Triplejim wrote:
Cliff Austen wrote:Has anyone received a ruling from the UK re this subject?
Cheers Cliff.

Yes, in the process of receiving other information.

O.K what the hell is the the response? Or is the NRAA secrecy act being invoked as usual??? We must not tell anyone tooooo much there may be a revolt, better to treat all as mushrooms!!!!:x :x :x :x
Keith H.

Cliff Austen

#10 Postby Cliff Austen » Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:04 pm

Keith H. is correct.
This is a board matter and it needs to be fixed, sooner rather than later.
The whole issue is gaining momentum and if not fixed it will get totally out of hand.
Cliff

Triplejim

#11 Postby Triplejim » Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:29 pm

KHGS wrote: Seeing it is a board directive, shouldn't the board deal with it, Keith H.

To my knowledge, there have been no formal complaints to the NRAA about this issue.

TOM

#12 Postby TOM » Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:33 pm

Triplejim wrote:
KHGS wrote: Seeing it is a board directive, shouldn't the board deal with it, Keith H.

To my knowledge, there have been no formal complaints to the NRAA about this issue.

I guess these must come through state associations, takes time.

Triplejim

#13 Postby Triplejim » Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:34 pm

KHGS wrote:O.K what the hell is the the response? Or is the NRAA secrecy act being invoked as usual??? We must not tell anyone tooooo much there may be a revolt, better to treat all as mushrooms Keith H.

As I stated, I'm in the process of gathering information.
Your support would be appreciated,,,

KHGS

#14 Postby KHGS » Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:43 pm

Triplejim wrote:

James,
As a board member you must be able to see where this is going, surely the board must be aware of "issues" without waiting for State Associations to "complain". Proaction would seem to me to be a better option than reaction. Individual shooters have only two options to be "heard" either through their State member who may or may not "put it to the Board" or forums such as this. The NRAA Board is unapproachable to individuals, we are not members, even though decisions or lack of directly affect the individual shooter, I can't say member as we are not, even though we pay affiliation fees to the NRAA.
Keith H.

KHGS

#15 Postby KHGS » Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:51 pm

Triplejim wrote:
KHGS wrote:O.K what the hell is the the response? Or is the NRAA secrecy act being invoked as usual??? We must not tell anyone tooooo much there may be a revolt, better to treat all as mushrooms Keith H.

As I stated, I'm in the process of gathering information.
Your support would be appreciated,,,

James,
I think would be safe to say that goes both ways, I hope what you are indicating is support the way of the shooter in return??? If that is case you have my support. However I think it is fair to say that generally we do not get the support we pay for from State or National level.
Keith H.

Return to “General Forum”