Age Activated Attention Deficit Disorder

For general announcements, and anything which does not fit into one of the categories below.

Moderator: Mod

ecomeat

Age Activated Attention Deficit Disorder

#1 Postby ecomeat » Wed Feb 04, 2015 4:34 pm

A guy who posts as Nvreloader on the accurateshooter.com forum posted this.
Can anyone on here associate with these symptoms ? OK...not you young buggers like Brad, Adam, Plumbs7..........or maybe Plumbs7 stays in......

It is NOT being senile, it is called AAADD 
See here on how it starts,

AAADD
KNOW THE SYMPTOMS.....PLEASE READ!
Somehow I feel better, even though I have it, Thank goodness there's a name for thisdisorder !!         Recently, I was diagnosed with A.A.A.D.D. - Age Activated Attention Deficit Disorder.
This is how it manifests:

I decide to feed the horses and take out the left overs to the compost pile.
As I start towards the garage, I notice the mail on the center isle that I had brought in earlier.
I decide to go thru the mail, then feed the horses and take stuff out to the compost pile. 
I lay my glasses on the center isle, and put the junk mail in the garbage can under the center isle and notice that the can is full. 
So, I decide to put the bills back on the table and take out the garbage first. 
But when walking by the car, I decide the car needs washing, I’ll wash it first, then take out the garbage, then feed the horses and take the stuff to the compost pile.
So, I decide to put the bills back on the center isle and take out the garbage first. 
But then I think, I might as well pay the bills first, I take my check book off the table, and see that there is only one check left.  My extra checks are in my desk in the study, so I go the study where I find the lastest magazine I'd been reading.
I'm going to look for my checks, but first I need to push the water bottle aside so that I don't accidentally knock it over. The water bottle is getting warm, so I decide to put it in the refrigerator to keep it cold.
As I head toward the kitchen with the water bottle, a vase of flowers on the counter catches my eye--they need water.
I put the water bottle on the counter and discover my reading glasses that I've been searching for all morning.
I decide I better put them back on my desk, but first I'm going to water the flowers.
I set the glasses back down on the counter, fill a container with water and suddenly spot the TV remote. Someone left it on the kitchen table.
I realize that tonight when we go to watch TV, I'll be looking for the remote, but I won't remember that it's on the kitchen table, so I decide to put it back in the den where it belongs, but first I'll water the flowers.
I pour some water in the flowers, but quite a bit of it spills on to the floor.
So, I set the remote back on the table, get some towels and wipe up the spill.
Then, I head down the hall trying to remember what I was planning to do.

At the end of the day:
the horses aren’t fed, the stuff for the compost pile isn’t taken out,  the bills aren’t payed, car isn't washed, the garbage hasn’t been taken out, there is a warm water bottle sitting on the counter, the flowers don't have enough water, there is still only 1 check in my check book, I can't find the remote, I can't find my glasses……

Then, when I try to figure out why nothing got done today,
I'm really baffled because I know I was busy all day, and I'm really tired.

I realize this is a serious problem, and I'll try to get some help for it, but first I'll read my magazine....

Don't laugh -- if this isn't you yet, your day is coming!!

Tia,
Don
Extreme accuracy and precision shooting at long range can be a very addictive pastime.

Cameron Mc

Re: Age Activated Attention Deficit Disorder

#2 Postby Cameron Mc » Wed Feb 04, 2015 5:22 pm

Tony, after a quiick read of that, on Sunday, you will be competing in a special class on your own. :shock:
Just working on a good name for the likes of you :mrgreen:

Cam

ecomeat

#3 Postby ecomeat » Wed Feb 04, 2015 6:41 pm

Cameron Mc wrote:Tony, after a quiick read of that, on Sunday, you will be competing in a special class on your own. :shock:

Cam

Cam,
You were the very first one of my fellow competitors who came to mind when I read it !! Well.......OK..... you AND Kelvin. I nearly sent it to you as a private message or Email, but as I was fairly sure you would recognize your own early symptoms, I had to post it here.
Extreme accuracy and precision shooting at long range can be a very addictive pastime.

Steve N

#4 Postby Steve N » Wed Feb 04, 2015 7:45 pm

Tony I will be sure to ask you on Sunday if you are set and haven't forgotten something. Make sure you have packed your ammo, and bolt, and bino's and a pen and cleaning gear and some water and a hat and your front rest and rear rest and mat and camera and ipad. Hope you don't forget anything.
Steve

Brad Y

#5 Postby Brad Y » Wed Feb 04, 2015 7:55 pm

Tony, yet again you underestimate me.... Only just the sunday gone I shot with a barrel that wasnt screwed in tight. Im closer than what you think....

Cameron Mc

#6 Postby Cameron Mc » Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:00 pm

Tony, one thing you must remember at Crows Nest is "that last shot" :shock:

Can you remember that time when........

Cam

ecomeat

#7 Postby ecomeat » Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:51 pm

Cam,
I have vivid memories !
I started hot and finished cold,.....with no follow through on the last shot, to score a bloody "4", while you started warm and finished smokin' hot. You had to shoot a 60-10 at the last 500 to beat me, but fortunately for me you "only" shot a 60-6

Crows Nest-Goombungee RC Annual Prize Shoot ~
First TONY BERRY BEAUDESERT RC 60.5, 60.5, 57.5 177.15
Second CAMERON MCEWAN DALBY-TARA RC 58.1 59.5 60.6 177.12
Third DAVID REDDAN, TOOWOOMBA RC 57.3, 58.2, 59.4 174.9
Fourth DENNIS BROWN NORTH ARM RC 59.3, 57.3, 57.0 173.6
Fifth JULlE MCEWAN DALBY-TARA RC 55.1, 56.4, 59.2 170.7
Sixth CHRIS BELL BRISBANE RC 57.2 54.1 59.1 170.4

You told me later that i had packed up and left the mound before the bullet hit the target :mrgreen:

RonM

#8 Postby RonM » Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:22 pm

ecomeat wrote:Cam,
I have vivid memories !
I started hot and finished cold,.....with no follow through on the last shot, to score a bloody "4", while you started warm and finished smokin' hot. You had to shoot a 60-10 at the last 500 to beat me, but fortunately for me you "only" shot a 60-6

Crows Nest-Goombungee RC Annual Prize Shoot ~
First TONY BERRY BEAUDESERT RC 60.5, 60.5, 57.5 177.15
Second CAMERON MCEWAN DALBY-TARA RC 58.1 59.5 60.6 177.12
Third DAVID REDDAN, TOOWOOMBA RC 57.3, 58.2, 59.4 174.9
Fourth DENNIS BROWN NORTH ARM RC 59.3, 57.3, 57.0 173.6
Fifth JULlE MCEWAN DALBY-TARA RC 55.1, 56.4, 59.2 170.7
Sixth CHRIS BELL BRISBANE RC 57.2 54.1 59.1 170.4

You told me later that i had packed up and left the mound before the bullet hit the target :mrgreen:

I saw you do that!!
Oh and now I know why I'm always behind with reloading and borescoping and barrel cleaning and and.... :oops:
See you there, Diggers

Steve N

#9 Postby Steve N » Thu Feb 05, 2015 6:37 am

Cameron Mc wrote:Tony, after a quiick read of that, on Sunday, you will be competing in a special class on your own. :shock:

Cam

F Seniors?

DenisA

#10 Postby DenisA » Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:54 pm

I was going to comment on this thread yesterday, but I thought I better flick the kettle on first. :oops:

plumbs7

#11 Postby plumbs7 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:25 pm

Good one Tony , had me laughing!

A couple of years ago we had the whole family packed to go to Brisbane and me to Cannon hill RC
For a club shoot! Went to close the gun safe but couldn't find the keys! Retraced my steps , couldn't find them anywhere. Two hours of looking , lots of Dori comments from the family, and nothing nowhere! We couldn't leave home with the safe door open!

My youngest son found them in our car in the centre console where I had put them 2 hrs ago in a safe place!

I could not remember that I had put them there! AAADD ! Doh!

Yes Tony I am getting older and have the wrinkles and bald patches to prove it lol!

plumbs7

#12 Postby plumbs7 » Sat Feb 07, 2015 11:41 am

AAADD strikes again ! Was on the Jandowae rd when I remembered that I didn't put my shooting mat in the car going to Crowsnest! doh doh! G

Cameron Mc

#13 Postby Cameron Mc » Sat Feb 07, 2015 11:55 am

I've got it. I can't read the posts regarding muzzle energy and references to Belmont.
I'm done :mrgreen:

plumbs7

#14 Postby plumbs7 » Sun Feb 08, 2015 5:48 am

Also forgot my pillow , air bed pump, towel! But remembered my gun ! Doh doh doh.

Cameron Mc

#15 Postby Cameron Mc » Sun Feb 08, 2015 10:24 pm

ecomeat wrote:It is NOT being senile, it is called AAADD 
See here on how it starts,.......

Don

Tony, could it be the Rum your were talking about today :idea:
If so, what a way to get this AAADD

Cam

Return to “General Forum”