Full-Bore

For general announcements, and anything which does not fit into one of the categories below.

Moderator: Mod

littlebang556

Full-Bore

#1 Postby littlebang556 » Fri Aug 18, 2006 8:33 pm

Does anyone know of any forums for Full-bore shooters.

Regards

Rob Alman

bully_eye

#2 Postby bully_eye » Fri Aug 18, 2006 9:38 pm

Internationally there is long-range.com and there is a link on the ozfclass.com website to another.

Michael

Sam Walker

fullbore forum

#3 Postby Sam Walker » Tue Aug 22, 2006 10:55 am

they can get a bit OT at times but a lot of knowledge/experience here..
http://hawk.winshop.com.au/mailman/listinfo/fullbore
cheers
Sam
Sam

FullBoar

#4 Postby FullBoar » Sun Dec 03, 2006 2:34 pm

I was curious to ask the same question - there isn't a lot out there for us Fullbore shooters - I'm new to the game and only a few guys shoot F class at my local club ( Lithgow ) - we are mainly a Fullbore club with some Service Rifle also.

It would be great if a forum could be created within the F class forum index here for those of us who shoot Fullbore - there is pretty much nowhere else for Aussie Fullbore shooters online - mores the pity!

AlanF

#5 Postby AlanF » Sun Dec 03, 2006 9:37 pm

Fullboar,

As mentioned above, this is an Australia Full-bore site with forums:

http://fullbore-forums.com

It has a similar number of members as ozfclass.com.

As administrator of this site, I am reluctant to set up in competition with fullbore-forums.com, because the market is not huge in Australia, and best not to divide what is already a small group of forum participants. In the same way, the ozfclass forums would be worse off if someone else set up in competition.

Alan

FullBoar

#6 Postby FullBoar » Mon Dec 04, 2006 2:44 pm

G'day Alan

I already tried to join that forum and they seemed dead and inactive - I registered several times with no activation key being sent ... I just tried to re-register and finally got an activation key.

Thanks.

P.S - Just thought I'd mention mate - the Full-Bore forums have indexes for F class, Standard and Open as well as Service Rifle and many other types. Perhaps it wouldn't hurt to have an index here for Fullbore one day too? Slice off a cut loaf's never missed. :wink:

AlanF

#7 Postby AlanF » Mon Dec 04, 2006 6:59 pm

FullBoar wrote:...Just thought I'd mention mate - the Full-Bore forums have indexes for F class, Standard and Open as well...

Hmm... you're right. I've also been asked about the possibility of a benchrest forum. I'll have a think about it. It would be quite easy to start, but once it got going, much harder to stop if it went in some wrong direction! Leave it with me to ponder on. You'll appreciate that the "core business" of this website must remain F-Class - and if I thought that adding other categories was going to be at the expense of F-Class in any way, then I wouldn't do it.

Thanks for the info.

Alan

FullBoar

#8 Postby FullBoar » Mon Dec 04, 2006 7:18 pm

Alan,

I can't see how attracting more shooters from different classes to this site can be a bad thing ... shooting should never have to be exclusive. I know I shoot and plan to shoot Fullbore AND Service Rifle and I am actually looking at some scoped class stuff in future also. In this day and age and with shooting and shooters on the back foot it seems to me we need to stand together as a community rather than see ourselves as seperate entities jelously protecting our chosen field or class.

I reckon if you opened it up a bit and added a couple more forums like they have at Full Bore you can only win - people can always shoot more than one class or field, just a thought.

P.S With regards to controlling those other forums, just put people with an interest in that class as a moderator - I'd be happy to take care of or mod a Fullbore forum here - just lay down the rules and bobs yer uncle.

Best, Simon. 8)

AlanF

#9 Postby AlanF » Mon Dec 04, 2006 8:04 pm

FullBoar wrote:...With regards to controlling those other forums, just put people with an interest in that class as a moderator...

Yes that is what I'm considering. Another aspect is that the amount of work involved with things like the event calendar, results etc. is about right for me at present with F-Class only. So what I'm considering is forums for Full-bore and Benchrest, but with the website itself remaining dedicated to F-Class. Don't get me wrong - I'm not against the other categories of shooting, but when I started this website, it was primarily to help F-Class, and that has not changed.

It won't be happening in the next few days though - I have a bushfire 10km to the north with hot northerlies predicted for tomorrow :shock: !

Alan

FullBoar

#10 Postby FullBoar » Mon Dec 04, 2006 9:18 pm

Alan,

Don't talk to me about Bush Fires ... I'm a Blue Mtns local and member of the Rural Bush Fire brigade ... good luck with it though at your end. And I hope you DO get a Fullbore and Benchrest forum happening here afterall. I'll be happy to help in the admin or moderating for the Fullbore forum if you need the help or another pair of hands.

Best regards, Simon. 8)

mike H

Full Bore/ Omark

#11 Postby mike H » Mon Dec 04, 2006 10:07 pm

Slow &steady is the idea.You have great talent &experience in your club,also in nearby Bathurst.Lithgow also has a strong Field-Rifle section,I have found them to be very friendly.
To the Omark.In addition to what others have said,I think a new firing-pin spring is a good idea.Just because the rifle fires may not be good enough.
Also check firing-pin protusion &shape of the firing-pin.A check of headspace would not go astray.
If re-loading for an Omark,Full/Length re-size every time.Beats calling for a rod,to knock out stuck cases.Also live rounds jammed in chambers are a worse situation.
Good luck with it.
Mike.

FullBoar

#12 Postby FullBoar » Mon Dec 04, 2006 10:25 pm

Thanks Mike,

Slow & Steady ... I'm crap outta luck on that one as I'm known family wide as a 100%ér ... I get your meaning though. :lol:

There are indeed some great shooters at the Lithgow club and alot of experience for sure ... John Baxter, Bernie Doohan, Nick Cock etc ... a really friendly club too and I have enjoyed getting to know the members there so far. Thanks for the advice regards checking over the Omark - I am sure it's going to need a few upgrades for sure. I have seen Junee mentioned a few times in our club newsletters regarding comp shoots etc ... do you guys shoot service rifle there too?

P.S I was wondering whether to FLS or NS only ... the President of the club FLS's also.

Best, Simon.

littlebang556

Sizing

#13 Postby littlebang556 » Mon Dec 18, 2006 11:13 pm

I have never NS so I can't knock any advantages or disadvantages but I can say that by FLS ing ALL the time can't be too bad if it lets one score 100.20 with the old Omark.
I don't know if this is the case with .308 as I have never loaded for that calibre but the.223 seams to love it and my winchester cases last minimum 10 firings.

Regards

Littlebang556 Rob

Return to “General Forum”