F Class no longer a "Queens "

For general announcements, and anything which does not fit into one of the categories below.

Moderator: Mod

shooter mcreid

Re: F Class no longer a "Queens "

#76 Postby shooter mcreid » Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:54 am

I have seen some pretty unfair distribution of prizes and money but it wouldn't be at the majority of competitions. Its possible that the organisers had been expecting a greater TR turnout maybe and didn't have time to reshuffle. I just won't shoot at those perticular comps anymore. I was pretty disappointed to hear someone say "we just put up with f class so they can supplement our prize pool".
As for the name, I really find myself on the fence. I think I like the ring of "F class championships".

bobeager

#77 Postby bobeager » Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:20 am

I will reiterate whay I said on the poll topic, the State and national bodies had better start taking notice of where much of their money comes from. It is from the members of clubs. As I said, my club is now, an F Class Club. At the last 2 club AGMs', members have asked what they get for their membership fee, all of which, except for $35, goes "upstream".

We have only 2 members that "shoot away", so the rest are asking why they need to be members of the State RA, if the only thing they get is Insurance....and there are alternatives.

So far, the club has voted to stay with NSWRA/NRAA. By and large, the members are loyal to our shooting hertitage and traditions, but the natives are restless.

We have also had prospective new members come and "hang around" until the time comes to pay the $200 odd to join. They ask what they get for their money!!! but soon melt away. This is why the question keeps coming up at the AGM. What if we had club only membership for $35 plus a reasonable insurance levy, would we retain more members?? Hard to know!!!

But without membership growth, the sport will gradually die away, and all evidence at our club level (grass roots), is that those new members are 100% F CLASS.

IF the NRAA fails to embrace F Class, they do so at their peril, as like it or not, this is where the membership base is heading.

PS: Can I also say that from a personal perspective I voted to stay with the NSWRA and that I am also a very keen supporter of Target Rifle, but as club president, I need also to look at ways of growing the club.

PS: I don't really care whats on a Badge, its a bit like the Duke's knighthood, but the political consequences need to be considered.

RAVEN

#78 Postby RAVEN » Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:35 pm

It’s about time the NRAA and S&Ts start operating as a business and not a club.
We have a product and part of that is the heritage and traditions which should be protected and build onto.
Not dismantled by a few narrow minded flat earthers.

If I treated my customers like the NRAA do and the S&Ts in some cases
I wouldn't have any is that where we are heading????
RB :oops:

Grant G

#79 Postby Grant G » Wed Jan 28, 2015 5:21 pm

Is it merely a coincidence, that at the last Queens of 2013 an announcement was made that in 2014 the F Class winners at that particular Queens would be on the same standing as TR (i.e. Chaired in) Move forward to the first Queens of 2014 & an announcement was made
on behalf of the NRAA that F Class would no longer be a Queens Prize?

It is one thing to make a decision with just cause & reason, but to expect people to accept decisions without a plausible explanation,
is hypocrisy at best.

KHGS

#80 Postby KHGS » Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:12 pm

Grant G wrote:Is it merely a coincidence, that at the last Queens of 2013 an announcement was made that in 2014 the F Class winners at that particular Queens would be on the same standing as TR (i.e. Chaired in) Move forward to the first Queens of 2014 & an announcement was made
on behalf of the NRAA that F Class would no longer be a Queens Prize?

It is one thing to make a decision with just cause & reason, but to expect people to accept decisions without a plausible explanation,
is hypocrisy at best.

More like the supreme arrogance of a control freak & just perhaps there is no real reason!!!!
Keith H.

macguru

#81 Postby macguru » Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:13 pm

Why cant we make the NSWRA contribution optional instead of compulsory ? Most of our members don't compete either ....
id quod est

Chopper

#82 Postby Chopper » Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:42 pm

Then if we pay our money to enter as Fclass or what ever , the entry money should be distrbuted to F class competitors only , I bet the fullbore prise money wouldnt be the same ? I see both sides as an ex Fullbore shooter , but shit what damage it could do for FB, and membership , SSAA grows every day , havnt they got the message yet ?? ANYWAY WHO owns the NRAA ???? NO ONE has told me yet ?
Chop

Peter L

#83 Postby Peter L » Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:31 pm

Well,SSAA is around the corner my dear people at NRAA!The writing is on the wall.Keep on doinging stupid things like removing the Queens name from Fclass shooters and you will have lots and lots of diminising meberships from us" look down"FClass shooters.In GB NRA,if you look at their web site, they have Queens badges and metals for FClass shooters,so what's the problem with you guys at NRAA?Something to do?
You better come out very soon,and accept your silly decision, reverse it,and apologized for creating lots of problems.Me perconally I'd not bother to go to you Qeens"for some" meetings any more as a matter of principle.This is rubbish.
My email is :lazer1600@gmail.com if you like to talk.

Peter

AlanF

#84 Postby AlanF » Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:14 pm

In case anyone reading this thread is not aware, there is a poll on this subject HERE. Vote on what you think is the best way to let the NRAA know that this is bad decision and we want it reversed.

RAVEN

#85 Postby RAVEN » Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:34 pm

I would like to see the Queens badge only awarded to the top TR shooter
All other badges should be state championship badges.
Let see if the TR fraternity are keen to retain the proper award as originally intended.

Or award all discipline winners Queens badges as they do at present.

The wording could also be changed to Queens Series STATE CHAMPION or some like that
RB

bsouthernau

#86 Postby bsouthernau » Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:58 am

Chopper wrote: WHO owns the NRAA ???? NO ONE has told me yet ?
Chop

Not sure if this was a rhetorical question but there are a couple of posts on the poll thread pointing out that the NRAA is a company and the members are the S&T Associations. They appoint the board.

Raven wrote:I would like to see the Queens badge only awarded to the top TR shooter
All other badges should be state championship badges.

Good to see there's at least ONE person in the country agreeing with me. :D

Barry

Razer

#87 Postby Razer » Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:54 pm

It would appear that the Kiwis are not unduly influenced by the mythical protocol that has effected the awarding of Queens Badges in Australia. :D

Any person who competes in an event that advertises itself as a 'Queens' should be entitled to win a Queens badge.

If this is not the case, then the fliers promoting such events as 'Queens' are false and misleading, and, should not be advertised as such.
A Queens event either has to be run/advertised as a Queens encompassing all disciplines, or, be open only to TR shooters with FC being advertised and run separate.

Is this what the states and NRAA want?

As far as I know, the NSWRA has not communicated with the clubs on this issue being discussed on the forum, and, I, as should every other member, should have been informed about this radical departure from the norm.

Congratulations to Stephen Sharp on a great win(badges below), but, it is a bit of a bugger when you have to travel overseas to compete for a "F Class" Queens badge. :(

This badge is also for a discipline only, comparatively, recently added and, has it's origins from, I think, GB (through the ICFRA?).

KHGS

#88 Postby KHGS » Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:01 pm

AlanF wrote:I found this on the NRA of GB website : http://www.nra.org.uk/common/files/results/imperial/2014/381.pdf.

I wonder what was enscribed on their medals?????

You'd expect the Poms to get their own house in order before looking at us. This is starting to look like a furphy I fear...

I do not believe this has anything to do with NRAGB administration, this is an in house (NRAA) manipulation (read "control") we must petition & yell blue murder. I do not really care about the term "Queens" on the badge, I am more concerned with the principle involved. I have taken the issue to the NSWRA Executive via one of the Executive Council members. I await an outline of their (NSWRA) stand. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Keith H.

TOM

#89 Postby TOM » Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:38 pm

With such a dispute, is this where the state F class associations come into play? I only ask because I have heard/read zero from them.

bsouthernau

#90 Postby bsouthernau » Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:55 pm

KHGS wrote: I do not really care about the term "Queens" on the badge, I am more concerned with the principle involved.

Spot on Keith. As a company's board of directors ultimately answers to the shareholders (S&T Assns in the case of the NRAA) that is why I think we should be pursuing this through the aforesaid S&T Assns.

Barry

Return to “General Forum”