F Class no longer a "Queens "

For general announcements, and anything which does not fit into one of the categories below.

Moderator: Mod

plumbs7

Re: F Class no longer a "Queens "

#106 Postby plumbs7 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 8:09 am

I wanted to stay out of it . But I gotta say for me I enjoy shooting with tr shooters ! Going to the Nats and scoring some of the top tr shooters especially at 1000 yds is one of my personal highlights. It would be sad that we can't be united on this as running a major comp like the Nats , I think would be just doubling up and wasteful. This is just a few people pushing there own agendas! We have to be united or we could fall on our heads.

Hopefully through our state bodies etc and through this forum the few that made this bad decision without consulting it's grassroots members , can see how upset we all are about this! I think those on the board underestimated at our reaction to it . Thanks Alan again for giving us a voice !

I think we have a great sport here in which I love and am very proud to be a part of . I haven't met one A hole yet ! And the people in this sport is about 55% of why I compete and that Great Anzac sprit is very much alive and well at all of the shoots that I've been at ! Also very proud to be part of a sport where Women are truly treated as equals by only their ability!

We have a very good thing going here!

It's just one VERY BAD Decsion that can be lobbied and overturned! Let's hope they listen!
Graham .

Norm

#107 Postby Norm » Sat Jan 31, 2015 8:36 am

TOM wrote:Before we start wanting separate events for each class, has anyone thought that maybe neither class can survive without each other at this point in time? I have never once met a T/R shooter that wants to shoot F class at a major event, same goes for an F classer wanting to shoot target rifle, on the most part we are a very different breed of shooter.

Be very bloody careful with what you wish for, you might destroy it all!

I shoot F-Cass because when I first started, I had to make a choice. One or the other. I can't shoot and compete in both! If I could shoot in both disciplines then I would. So I made the choice to shoot only F-Class. This is why TR is losing in popularity, as almost all new shooters entering the sport come from a scope shooting background. If people could do both at a major level then maybe they would have a go!

As for survival.
We are talking about major events only, so maybe only a handful of events in Australia each year.
Do you think that any of the remaining TR shooters will just give up just because they are no longer shooting next to an F-Class shooter at a major event? I don't think so.
Do you think any F-Class shooters will give up the sport just because they are not shooting along side a TR shooter at a major event? I don't think so.
One thing that will put people off, including myself, is to treat people like second class shooters. "F-Class no longer a Queens" is a prime example of this.

Tim N

#108 Postby Tim N » Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:16 am

Hi All,
My 10c
I like turning up to a major shoot to see around 200 there, it wouldn't have the same feel with only 40 or so.
We need to be strengthening our sport through unity.
The SSAA seem to be able to welcome all sorts, but what would they know they are only a small organisation :wink:
We don't rise to the level of our expectations, we fall to the level of our training. Archilochos 680-645 BC

jasmay

#109 Postby jasmay » Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:53 am

I hear what everyone is saying about unity, I don't disagree. But I also don't think a few standalone events (that may grow into something big and unique) can hurt, it can only show that through the efforts of some that would attempt to undermine us our resolve only strengthens.

plumbs7

#110 Postby plumbs7 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:28 am

Jason I totally agree.

DenisA

#111 Postby DenisA » Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:35 am

I don't like the "us and them" vibe that comes from discussions like this because we're all the same and all love shooting long range and reading wind. We just prefer shooting with different accessories.

F-class is largely made up of Originally TR shooters (I assume).

There are still foundation TR purists who are troubled to see the decline in TR and the growth in F- class. I'm pretty sure this is an attempt to raise the prestige of TR over F-class.

We should stand together and voice against this decision, but we should be very careful not to separate ourselves from our TR friends. We don't want to ruin the sport for either discipline.

I'd like to see the "us and them" vibe dropped. There are are individual wankers in any group and plenty of stupid political ideas are floated.

plumbs7

#112 Postby plumbs7 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:30 pm

Dennis quoted:
I'd like to see the "us and them" vibe dropped. There are are individual wankers in any group and plenty of stupid political ideas are floated.

Yep totally agree too. Us and them never stand or last . Let's face it we are behind the 8 ball with socially accepted sports at the best . So it's in the best interest that we all stick together !

Now ! Who do we write to in Qld and the other states to let them know that we are not amused?

DannyS

#113 Postby DannyS » Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:00 pm

Well said Dennis. =D>

Cheers
Danny
You might as well be yourself, everyone else is already taken.

RDavies

#114 Postby RDavies » Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:25 pm

jasmay wrote:I hear what everyone is saying about unity, I don't disagree. But I also don't think a few standalone events (that may grow into something big and unique) can hurt, it can only show that through the efforts of some that would attempt to undermine us our resolve only strengthens.

We just have to be cautious in having stand alone F Class only events. If we start having F Class only events and don't allow TR shooters to come and have a shot, then there is no reason that TR organisers (most organisers ATM are TR shooters) cant then have TR only events. Could you imagine the carry on in this forum if that happened. I would hope that if F Class shooters did start running competitions that they would give TR shooters an opportunity to have a shot. Maybe they could make it slightly more F class orientated by making it 15 shot strings, longer ranges, squadding, Bisley style etc, something that the old guard are not interested in trying as it is not the way they it has always been done..

Matt P

#115 Postby Matt P » Sat Jan 31, 2015 7:52 pm

Hi All
I think this has moved off track, as far as I'm concerned OUR issue is with the NRAA taking away OUR opportunity to earn a Queens badge, and giving us a bullshit reason as to why. I wouldn't at this point in time consider a stand alone F Class nationals but I would boycott the National Queens. I feel the majority of TR shooters would support us.
The best thing we can do is to e-mail our State Executive Officers and Chairman and tell them how we feel and ask what are they going to do for us, I would also ask your club and DRA to formally do the same as well as any F Class associations (SA and NSW, Richard B and Greg W).
For me it isn't losing the "Queens" title, it's the way in which this has been handled, it very much has the potential to drive a wedge between FC and TR which 99% of the movement doesn't want, neither group can survive on it own but I know which one is growing and which isn't !!!!!!!
Regards
Matt Paroz

RAVEN

#116 Postby RAVEN » Sat Jan 31, 2015 8:40 pm

Spot on Matt =D> =D>

ShaneG

#117 Postby ShaneG » Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:47 pm

Point taken Matt
However there have been some other valid points

For those looking for an alternative form of protest - ATTEND the October 2015 Challenge Cup!
Show how many people are interested in an F class only event!
I applaud Craig for his initiative in this contest!
This is the thin edge of the wedge in getting an Australian F class National recognised competition going.
Craig doesn't want this to be that policital I am sure so this is my personal opinion.
My main concern in getting a National event going is range access.
If this can be arranged we should go for it!
Again personally I enjoy club and OPM level comps with TR however I have had many bad experiences at "Queens" with TR.
Quite a long time ago I have been involved at a state level in another shooting sport and understand the requirement needed to put on an international quality event. It always impinges on ones individual performance for sure if you choose to still compete in the same event.
So for one who may be too big for my boots I publicly put up my hand to support Criag in any capacity which he may see fit use my help.
I see this this from another angle - grow our sport as quick as possible!
We are being constrained too much by the passive " let's just go with the flow together"
I restrain from posting as much as I can but this issue is cutting to the core of our future.
That is my opinion - anyone care to PM me is welcome as I will sign off on this now.
Shane

plumbs7

#118 Postby plumbs7 » Sun Feb 01, 2015 3:13 pm

Hi Shane , looks like I won't be seeing u and Vikki this year's Nats! I must say I enjoyed both of ur company and watching u shoot that last 1000! I will be a little sad :cry:
Regards Graham Sells Dalby RC .

Edit; off topic ! But with that last 1000 what got my attention is during the middle if the shoot u called out that u were changing loads for the conditions , no sighters , very ballsy ! U ended up with a 58 and change in crap conditions ! That's why I'll be at the Nats ! To see the best in action ! I'm sick of all this political BS! Let's just compete! I'm keeping my mouth shut from now on this subject!

Return to “General Forum”