F Class no longer a "Queens "

For general announcements, and anything which does not fit into one of the categories below.

Moderator: Mod

plumbs7

Re: F Class no longer a "Queens "

#61 Postby plumbs7 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:38 am

I'll go to whatever it's called ! But it will always still be the "Queens" to me ! G

Razer

#62 Postby Razer » Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:24 pm

plumbs7 wrote:I'll go to whatever it's called ! But it will always still be the "Queens" to me ! G

Charles may not agree with you on that. :lol:

Peter L

#63 Postby Peter L » Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:25 pm

The whole decision of NRAA to remove the word "Queens" from F Class badges is very suspect and devious.In UK,they have "Queens" for F Class.So why the problem here?Last time I checked, 62% were F Class VRA members and 38% TR.What that tell you?I have booked a motel for the coming Queens.Now I'm thinking to cancel it.Why should I have to subcide the 30 plus TR badges?There is a very bad smell in the air,and of course VRA looks the other way.I hope more F Class shooters turn their back.
They cannot survive without F Class!!!!
Peter

bsouthernau

#64 Postby bsouthernau » Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:29 pm

Peter L wrote:I hope more F Class shooters turn their back.
They cannot survive without F Class!!!!
Peter

And how well do you think F Class will survive without "them", whoever "they" might be? I don't agree with the decision to remove the name either but don't think confrontation is the way to go - conciliation and unity are what's needed.

Barry

flatlina

#65 Postby flatlina » Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:26 pm

So it's confrontation when you disagree/rally against it but it is ok when it is coming from the other direction. I seem to hear this same rationale on the news each day from the loony left etc.

Regards
jb
Last edited by flatlina on Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AlanF

#66 Postby AlanF » Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:54 pm

Peter L wrote:...Why should I have to subcide the 30 plus TR badges?..

Peter,

F-Class will still have badges awarded at the Vic Queens, but they won't have the word "Queens" on them. I hope you and other F-Class shooters don't boycott events. This is a situation where we need to ask the VRA to stand up to the NRAA, and find out what is really behind this decision. As individual members, we don't have much power over the NRAA. However the Member Associations such as the VRA are within their rights to ask for a full explanation from the NRAA.

Alan

Steve N

#67 Postby Steve N » Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:22 pm

As Peter L says it seems odd that the badges in Pommy Land still have Queens on them??

Barry Davies

#68 Postby Barry Davies » Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:29 am

The NZ FC badges still have " Queens " on them also!!
Me thinks it's all hogwash by certain persons who still cannot come to grips with FC.

Matt P

#69 Postby Matt P » Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:27 am

Barry Davies wrote:The NZ FC badges still have " Queens " on them also!!
Me thinks it's all hogwash by certain persons who still cannot come to grips with FC.

Barry
100% correct, and that person has NO place on the board of NRAA, the board Members are there to look after all the sports interest as whole and not discriminate against a certain group (which is helping to keep his beloved TR going) because HE doesn't like it.
Matt P

Peter L

#70 Postby Peter L » Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:07 pm

I hear and read the phrase"wait a few days to see".Wait for what?Is it very obvious that it's a done and agreed situation.I'm not a monarchist at all,but it's a matter of principle here.To me it's Queens for all shooters.Some body said"if you don't fight for your rights,don't comlpain when you lose them".So,by just talking we get nowhere FClass shooters.I was expecting VRA to do something.Lets see what happens in "a few days".

Seddo

#71 Postby Seddo » Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:33 pm

AlanF wrote:n. As individual members, we don't have much power over the NRAA. However the Member Associations such as the VRA are within their rights to ask for a full explanation from the NRAA.

Alan

we might not have power on our own but if an association choose's not to give an explanation to its members then it will loose members.
----------------------
Seddo

Moe City Rifle Club

Barry Davies

#72 Postby Barry Davies » Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:46 pm

Not likely Seddo. The general membership are pretty apathetic when it comes to politics, most not willing to be counted for fear of offending.
A general attitude of " Oh well " prevails and we lose something else.
If the F Class fraternity want the " Queens " back, they are going to have to stand up and demand it, otherwise stop whimpering.

DannyS

#73 Postby DannyS » Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:24 pm

Matt P wrote:
Barry
100% correct, and that person has NO place on the board of NRAA, the board Members are there to look after all the sports interest as whole and not discriminate against a certain group (which is helping to keep his beloved TR going) because HE doesn't like it.
Matt P

Matt, sounds like you know who is behind it.

Cheers
Danny
You might as well be yourself, everyone else is already taken.

higginsdj

#74 Postby higginsdj » Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:15 am

A lot of 'steam' being raised here but I would like to point out a couple of things:

1. Those who have actually won F Class badges in the last year or so - take a look at them. How many actually say Queens? It seems that this has only become an 'issue' since the NRAA publically stated what is already being applied in practise in many places!

2. Each discipline at a Queens (and I suggest this also applies to PM's) pays for itself. No discipline subsidises any other discipline. So TR entries pay for TRA/B/C, FOpen pays for FOpen, FStandard pays for FStandard A/B and F/TR pays for F/TR. All entries share in an equal 'overheads' cost, the rest then goes to 'prize' for the discipline.

Cheers

David

Barry Davies

#75 Postby Barry Davies » Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:26 am

Vic has always had " Queens" on their badges
Canberra removed theirs after 2013.( must have known something )
Cannot say for other states.
David, what you say in ( 2 ) above might apply for ACT but does not apply across the board nationally.

Return to “General Forum”