OZ FClass Member Suspensions

For general announcements, and anything which does not fit into one of the categories below.

Moderator: Mod

MROFD

OZ FClass Member Suspensions

#1 Postby MROFD » Mon May 26, 2014 10:24 am

Hi Alan, I believe there are several members being suspended from this forum due to specific comments which they have made on a variety of topics.
I think you should consider making it public to the rest of the membership of the forum, or removing the chosen member completely, as these particular people are now not in a position to answer PM's which they have received.

I understand your reasons for making these decisions, though, you have seemed to have tightened the belt somewhat, on what is deemed as acceptable conversation when directed at other forum members.

Possibly some more clarification as to what you will now accept, and the reasons for your prompt, un-warned suspension of active members.

ps. TTBS28 and Bruce Moulds (SARA Members) have been recently suspended.

Regards,
Matt Roberts
Last edited by MROFD on Mon May 26, 2014 11:22 am, edited 2 times in total.

MROFD

#2 Postby MROFD » Mon May 26, 2014 10:27 am

Alan, I have read in your [Welcome to our Forum] section, the below statement.

IMPORTANT WARNING
Please be very careful with what you say about others when posting. Internet forums are very much subject to libel laws, and one defamatory statement could potentially get you and the website into serious trouble. Any posts with personal attacks will be deleted, and in serious cases, the poster may need to be banned. If you see something which you consider has stepped over the mark, please PM the Administrator or E-mail the Webmaster immediately.

It just seems that the bar has been moved without members knowing ???

AlanF

#3 Postby AlanF » Mon May 26, 2014 12:50 pm

Matt,

This issue would be better to raise by PM than attempting to put pressure on me by raising it on the forum. Also I trust you have permission from the people you mentioned to publish their login names? If PMs are not being responded to, there are many other options so not a major inconvenience.

I have rarely suspended people in the history of this forum, and do not do so lightly. The statement you quoted has been there for a long time.

Alan Fraser
Webmaster and currently sole moderator

MROFD

#4 Postby MROFD » Mon May 26, 2014 1:03 pm

Alan, Pressure or personal attack was never my intention.
I thought it would be beneficial to other members if they knew more before they too spoke above the bar....
I did speak in-depth, yesterday with Bruce and Jeff regarding this matter.
MR

TOM

#5 Postby TOM » Mon May 26, 2014 8:11 pm

Please remember...... Ozfclass is a product of the nanny state.

Norm

#6 Postby Norm » Tue May 27, 2014 2:13 pm

TOM wrote:Please remember...... Ozfclass is a product of the nanny state.

It's also the product of a volunteer with almost no financial support from its members, so some respect is due.

MROFD

#7 Postby MROFD » Tue May 27, 2014 2:22 pm

Norm wrote:

It's also the product of a volunteer with almost no financial support from its members, so some respect is due.

=D> =D>

AlanF

#8 Postby AlanF » Tue May 27, 2014 3:07 pm

Thanks fellas. Generally with these things you're damned if you do etc. so its good to occasionally get some reassurance that the balance is about right. We probably get as much pure F-Class discussion on this site as any other worldwide, and that's probably because we have a good number of the best in the world contributing. We need to keep it that way.

Alan

johnk

#9 Postby johnk » Tue May 27, 2014 3:13 pm

Alan,

The thing a I like above all about this is that you're the poor bugger doing the moderation & not me. Hang in there.

John

KHGS

#10 Postby KHGS » Tue May 27, 2014 6:54 pm

MROFD wrote:
Norm wrote:

=D> =D>

Ditto =D> =D>
Keith H.

Bindi2

#11 Postby Bindi2 » Tue May 27, 2014 7:20 pm

As one who has had a holiday i do support the veiw that a list of those on suspension be shown.
As to the financial cost of running the site i would make a donation to that end.

macguru

#12 Postby macguru » Tue May 27, 2014 7:28 pm

Alan, please keep up the great work...

this site is very important to f class shooting ....

andrew

ecomeat

#13 Postby ecomeat » Tue May 27, 2014 7:36 pm

macguru wrote:Alan, please keep up the great work...

this site is very important to f class shooting ....

andrew

I will go a step further Andrew, and state that I believe that this web site is the heart and soul of F Class shooting in Australia.
Like Bindi and others, I would willingly support it financially with some sort of Membership fee, with not one iota more in expectations as to what I could "get" from the site by participating.
Tony
Extreme accuracy and precision shooting at long range can be a very addictive pastime.

ger

#14 Postby ger » Tue May 27, 2014 7:56 pm

I know someone who has actually asked to have their posting rights (for want of a better expression) terminated. But had that request denied!

????

I think Alan has the balance right. BTW, I was glad about the outcome in this case.

Geoff.

AlanF

#15 Postby AlanF » Tue May 27, 2014 7:58 pm

Bindi2 wrote:As one who has had a holiday i do support the veiw that a list of those on suspension be shown.
As to the financial cost of running the site i would make a donation to that end.

How about instead of suspensions we FINE the perpetrators! That would create some income! :D :D

Seriously, I enjoy running the website. Its been a very satisfying thing to see people getting use out of it, with technical help, buying and selling, event planning and reporting. The rules changes discussions have had turbulent times, but the more discussion you get, the less unpleasant surprises will be sprung on us.

Regarding publication of suspended Login names, I have been leaving that up to the suspendee. They can e-mail ozfclass.com and request an announcement, but there may be some situations where that request would be denied.

Alan

Return to “General Forum”