Vale Raeburn Trindall

For general announcements, and anything which does not fit into one of the categories below.

Moderator: Mod

bsouthernau

Vale Raeburn Trindall

#1 Postby bsouthernau » Thu May 01, 2014 6:09 pm

Just received the following from Bill MacFarlane in Canberra:

The Canberra Rifle Club has received news that Raeburn Trindall passed away on Wednesday morning, 30 April in the Canberra Hospital.

Raeburn has been an active member of the Canberra Rifle Club for some 30 years and was always recognised for his competitive nature, featuring in the prize list at many state, territory and national competitions that included a 'F' Class Queens win.

He began his working life in 1950 becoming a newsreel cinematographer with Movietone News and by late 1960 was freelancing in film as a photo-journalist. He retired in 1993 however his work was recognised by the Australian Cinematographers Society in a 2011 tribute.

He was a committed grandfather and his family played an important part of his life.

Condolences go to Janice and the rest of Raeburn's family.

Barry

AlanF

#2 Postby AlanF » Thu May 01, 2014 8:21 pm

In 2004 Raeburn won the QRA, SARA and ACT Queens in F-Std. He also wrote numerous technical articles for the ATR.

Sorry to hear of his passing.

RAVEN

#3 Postby RAVEN » Thu May 01, 2014 10:15 pm

On behalf of the FCASA we would like to offer our condolences to Raeburn's family.
He was a regular visitor to the house of pain and one of the F-Class characters we will miss him.

ecomeat

#4 Postby ecomeat » Fri May 02, 2014 7:20 am

How sad it is to hear of his passing. I am a newbie to the sport, and had the pleasure of meeting Raeburn when I shot on the same target as him during the last ACT Queens (my first)
He struck me as being an absolute gentleman, and a talented, competitive shooter. He remembered my name every time we were near each other, and went out of his way to engage everyone.
Our sport is much poorer after losing this grand old man and I too would like to offer my sincere condolences to his family.
Tony Berry
Extreme accuracy and precision shooting at long range can be a very addictive pastime.

ger

#5 Postby ger » Fri May 02, 2014 7:56 pm

I saw Raeburn a couple of weeks ago when I was visiting another shooter in the same ward. He impressed me with his calmness, quietly I suppose having come to terms with his fate and turning down a padre who wandered by offering prayers.

He was 79 (he made a point of telling me this).

I will remember Raeburn as a computer virus magnet. He was forever asking me to clean out his machine - even a new one got infected within days of purchase. I will never know how he managed to pick them up the way he did!

He was always interested in what I was doing with my electronic targets.

And yes, a real gent with a little bit of eccentricity. There are others - and sadly facing a similar predicament and fate down the track.

I will miss him.

Geoff Roberts.

Batman

#6 Postby Batman » Sun May 04, 2014 7:35 am

I have shot with Reaburn many times he was one of the real characters of our great sport
My condolences to his family he will be sorely missed

Stuart Braund

Return to “General Forum”