Best loading handbook ?

For general announcements, and anything which does not fit into one of the categories below.

Moderator: Mod

Kingy

Best loading handbook ?

#1 Postby Kingy » Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:20 am

G'day everyone,

Can anyone tell me which is the best book/guide to get hold of to learn more about loading?

Probably one that explains the reasons you need to bump necks etc not just how to do it.

How to measure chambers etc.

I'm loading my own ammunition how I was told too but want to know the reasons certain things are done.

Cheers
Paul

ecomeat

#2 Postby ecomeat » Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:54 am

Paul,
Glen Zedikers "Hqndloading For Competition" is an excellent book, and goes into a lot of depth re the technical side of reloading.
Also highly recommend "Precision Shooting Reloading Guide" which is a ring bound book
I am pretty sure that BRT in Brisbane sell both
Tony
Extreme accuracy and precision shooting at long range can be a very addictive pastime.

Kingy

#3 Postby Kingy » Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:01 am

Thanks Tony,

I'll get onto BRT.

Paul

Fergus Bailey

#4 Postby Fergus Bailey » Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:56 am

If you can find "Precision Shooting Reloading Guide", then buy it immediately. These are very hard to find since Precision Shooting folded, and not likely to come back into print any time soon.

I would also recommend "Book of Rifle Accuracy" by Tony Boyer. It comers some really good detail on precision reloading, and has a bunch of other good information in it too. The tuning section is worth the price of the book alone - it is the best description of tuning I have seen in print.

A bit like the Boyer book, "Extreme Rifle Accuracy" by Mike Ratigan also covers precision reloading amongst a range of other things.

Both books are really worth a read, but if you were only prepared to buy one, then the Boyer book is probably the best option of the two.

BRT usually carry both too.

Return to “General Forum”