Having Fun!

For general announcements, and anything which does not fit into one of the categories below.

Moderator: Mod

bully_eye

Having Fun!

#1 Postby bully_eye » Mon Apr 03, 2006 11:31 pm

Easy to get caught up in how serious target shooting can be. Still waiting for my new FO rifle to be completed so thought I'd muck around with a 30-06 I had in the safe and had only fired once. Based on a Eddystone M-17 action- my old Full Bore rifle- with a 2000+ round barrel off my old 300WinMag F Open rifle, reprofiled and rechambered, and a Fullbore style stock. Only had 20 empty cases for it and didn't want to buy anything else for it at the time so chose a sensible load off the ADI website, loaded up some left over 2213sc, some 190SMK's and headed off to the range for a blat at 400m. Took 5 shots to get centred on the target, had a rest then came back and fired the remaining 15. First two were inners then the next 13 were all centres and bulls- grouped beautifully. And this with only a fairly cheap 6x scope and I wasn't even trying. Had a ball. Forgot how FUN shooting can be and how sometimes you can just luck on a decent load... might have some more FUN with this rifle in the future.

Michael

Tony Q

#2 Postby Tony Q » Tue Apr 18, 2006 10:52 pm

Did the same thing with a 25-06 varminter .. Hadn’t shot it in 2 years, loaded some ammo, grabbed the gun and headed to the club.

Got on the mound and was really looking forward to giving it a go .. opened the ammo box to find empty 308 cases … wrong box.

The right ammo was sitting on my reloading bench!

But it was fun for a while :)
MBRC F-Class standard ... and proud of it!

bully_eye

#3 Postby bully_eye » Tue Apr 18, 2006 11:41 pm

Done that with my bolt before too. 40-60mins to the range and the same back so no shooting for me that day.... never did it again though.

Michael

ps really looking forward to giving the old 30-06 a crack again. Better try some hunting projectiles though this time as I don't think 190gr SMK's are ideal on that front... no matter how good they shoot.

Return to “General Forum”