Parasites or worse

For general announcements, and anything which does not fit into one of the categories below.

Moderator: Mod

mike H

Parasites or worse

#1 Postby mike H » Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:29 pm

Why is it that something as simple as showing an image on the computer should degenerate into an unbridled attemtp to sell you something. Adam Davies had a picture of a new rifle rest showing just a moment ago, foolishly I clicked on it for a better look, then had to battle my way out of entering some competition. I can assure you that it/they were determined to get me to do what they wanted.Surely there is a better to do business.
Mike

Lynn Otto

#2 Postby Lynn Otto » Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:41 pm

Mike you need to do things like block popups, which can be done in your system settings. I opened the image without any problems at all. A part of the problem is with Image Shack which is the photo hosting platform that Alan has chosen for the forum, having just one simplifies things. I personally use Photobucket for most things I do and there is no need to link people to an external site, you can put the photo directly into the the post. This however is something that Alan makes the decisions on.

But certainly check your settings for that annoying crap, it can be controlled. Or try downloading a simple ad block program like 'AdBlock' which you can google and select the one for the system you are using, ie Internet Exp, Safari, Chrome etc.

AlanF

#3 Postby AlanF » Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:24 pm

Mike,

Here it is without the hassle.

Lynn,

The above picture is hosted by ImageShack - because Barrie used a thumbnail, it requires a visit to the ImageShack site to get a full size picture. I used the option to show the full size picture in the forum post. And if you know how to use PhotoBucket, there is nothing to stop you from pasting the appropriate code to show pictures in the same way. The default ImageShack hosting option has always been part of this version of phpBB.

Alan

Lynn Otto

#4 Postby Lynn Otto » Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:22 pm

I wasn't sure if it was something you had the option on when you set up the forum, it would be very rare for me to post a photo here. The problems that Mike had are manageable with a bit of tweeking in his internet settings anyway.

RDavies

#5 Postby RDavies » Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:08 am

Adam, this rest looks identicle to the one now sitting on my F/TR rifle. Is it the same one. It works well, very happy with it.

mike H

#6 Postby mike H » Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:44 am

Thank you all for your assistance,as you have worked out,I am not too handy with a computer. By the way Adam, the rest looks very good.
Mike.

wing01

Who and Where Please

#7 Postby wing01 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:06 pm

What make and where do I find them to buy it looks great

Barry Davies

#8 Postby Barry Davies » Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:29 pm

That would be the one Rod, Glad to have you on board with this one, I trust it will do your ability some justice!

Wing01, You can get in contact with me by email scopey@ozemail.com.au

Adam Davies.

Return to “General Forum”