Specific Rule Category for F/TR

For general announcements, and anything which does not fit into one of the categories below.

Moderator: Mod

macguru

#31 Postby macguru » Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:28 pm

I think this is getting pretty ridiculous, I am not sure there are enough shooters in Australia for 2 F-Class disciplines, let alone 3.

The same shooters that shoot F-Std here will engage in FTR matches occasionally or overseas, just developing different loads and bolting a bipod on their rifle rather than using a front rest. There may be a few rifles that dont suit but the vast majority will.

Andrew

AlanF

#32 Postby AlanF » Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:54 pm

macguru wrote:I think this is getting pretty ridiculous, I am not sure there are enough shooters in Australia for 2 F-Class disciplines, let alone 3...

Andrew,

Let's wait till after the various trials before deciding on the merits or otherwise of F/TR.

As far as there being too many F classes, we also have match rifle, 1000yd benchrest, field class, optical class etc. all using scopes, and there is a trial in Vic of C Grade in F-Std. One more class is hardly going to be a problem. Clubs and associations will only cater for F/TR if they think its viable.

Alan

macguru

#33 Postby macguru » Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:44 pm

Fair enough Alan...

By the way I thought shooting alongside you guys (ie F open and F Std together) at the McIntosh/Queens in Sydney was a great improvement. By shooting on common targets, we gained an appreciation of the abilities of the different hardware, and i would say a mutual respect. Having you guys out on your own on a couple of targets at the previous Queens was not the way to go... Maybe the same rationale could extend to a trial of ftr

andrew

AlanF

#34 Postby AlanF » Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:05 pm

macguru wrote:...Having you guys out on your own on a couple of targets at the previous Queens was not the way to go... Maybe the same rationale could extend to a trial of ftr...

Yes, in fact I'd take that a step further and say that mixed squadding with all classes including TR is probably the best way to improve relations. In F-open we used to enjoy being on the one target (renewing friendships etc.), but most us have come to recognise the importance of mixing, and like you, I enjoy learning about how the other classes do things.

Alan

Woody_rod

#35 Postby Woody_rod » Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:41 pm

AlanF wrote:
macguru wrote:...Having you guys out on your own on a couple of targets at the previous Queens was not the way to go... Maybe the same rationale could extend to a trial of ftr...

Yes, in fact I'd take that a step further and say that mixed squadding with all classes including TR is probably the best way to improve relations. In F-open we used to enjoy being on the one target (renewing friendships etc.), but most us have come to recognise the importance of mixing, and like you, I enjoy learning about how the other classes do things.

Alan

ALan, you say this like it is a new idea. ICFRA has permitted this, people need to catch up with what others are already doing.

AlanF

#36 Postby AlanF » Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:55 pm

Woody_rod wrote:ALan, you say this like it is a new idea. ICFRA has permitted this, people need to catch up with what others are already doing.

It wasn't an option for F-Open while we used the Open target Rod. Once we all adopted the ICFRA target, it was a fairly obvious move and it happened quite quickly e.g. we had fully mixed squadding at the Rosedale OPM 2 years ago.

Alan

Ovenpaa

#37 Postby Ovenpaa » Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:26 pm

In the UK we have F Class comps where FO and F/TR shooters share targets, but are scored by class.

The only exception I can think of is the Phoenix F Class comp that lumps both classes together and that may change this year, I am also trying to get a few like minded shooters together to enter it with Sporter/Jagtfeltskydning class rifles to prove that it can be shot competitively with a 5Kg rifle even though it means I am going to be lumped into the Open class.

Personally I would expect you guys to be embracing another Internationally accepted class within F, who knows it may attract more shooters to the discipline and as has been pointed out already there should be plenty of room on the firing point for all and if not... well shame on you.

Woody_rod

#38 Postby Woody_rod » Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:45 pm

AlanF wrote:
Woody_rod wrote:ALan, you say this like it is a new idea. ICFRA has permitted this, people need to catch up with what others are already doing.

It wasn't an option for F-Open while we used the Open target Rod. Once we all adopted the ICFRA target, it was a fairly obvious move and it happened quite quickly e.g. we had fully mixed squadding at the Rosedale OPM 2 years ago.

Alan

So why are you guys talking about the past. Why dont we all just move forward.

AlanF

#39 Postby AlanF » Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:24 pm

...Why dont we all just move forward.

You sound like Julia Gillard :D

Seriously Rod, this move to F/TR is by no means a given. Some people think that because its the international class it can't help but succeed. Do you remember what happened when they tried to change Bathurst to international touring car class? When you move forward, you need to take everyone with you.

Alan

bruce moulds

#40 Postby bruce moulds » Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:48 am

is that the real alan talking?
keep safe,
bruce.
"SUCH IS LIFE" Edward Kelly 11 nov 1880
http://youtu.be/YRaRCCZjdTM

AlanF

#41 Postby AlanF » Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:38 am

There's a lot to be said for a "steady as she goes" approach to these things Bruce. :D

Return to “General Forum”