Victorian F-Class Assoc

For general announcements, and anything which does not fit into one of the categories below.

Moderator: Mod

TOM

#16 Postby TOM » Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:06 pm

Your opinion is based around historical events Lynn. One thing that all dictators have in common is their demise. Sooner or later it will happen, hopefully not too much destruction is done before they fall.

Whats this 5 year plan you talk of John?

RAVEN

#17 Postby RAVEN » Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:28 pm

What's the 5 year plan John sounds exiting could you enlighten us :?:

bruce moulds

#18 Postby bruce moulds » Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:32 pm

lynn,
the benchmark is what went before.
a talk to sara would suggest that they are much happier with an association than without.
any member is welcome to nominate for the executive in the hope of being elected.
i myself stood and was not elected. this did not stop me from helping where possible to move the sport forward.
anyone is welcome to offer input even if it differs from mainline thinking as long as it is done in a manner of well meaning. it is called getting involved.
bruce.
"SUCH IS LIFE" Edward Kelly 11 nov 1880
http://youtu.be/YRaRCCZjdTM

bruce moulds

#19 Postby bruce moulds » Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:34 pm

tom,
there are no dictators in safclass.
when such an association exists, it is protection against dictators.
bruce.

Lynn Otto

#20 Postby Lynn Otto » Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:09 pm

I would like it noted that I at no time have mentioned dictators, my examples were merely of well known people who purported to represent the majority view without having consulted first hand to ascertain what the majority in fact had as a view.

Bruce I have offered assistance in various ways over the years, if there are others better able to do such tasks then so be it. I am always more than happy to help where help is needed.

Your assumption that any model is better than no model is flawed, benchmarking is to compare with 'best practice' to meet a set standard. I'm not saying the Assn isn't worth having, simply that if you don't need it then it is just unnecessary baggage.

bruce moulds

#21 Postby bruce moulds » Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:39 pm

lynn,
i make no assumption that "any model is better than no model".
the model we have is working well, as evidenced by the way the sport is progressing, our relationship with sara, and a general acceptance of the assn by its members.
currently you seem to be one of a few, if not the only, dissenter in a democracy.
bruce.

Lynn Otto

#22 Postby Lynn Otto » Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:50 pm

Bruce what on earth gives you the idea that I am dissenting?
Lynn Otto wrote:I'm not saying the Assn isn't worth having, simply that if you don't need it then it is just unnecessary baggage.

This is about Victoria having an Assn, and if they don't feel they need one then it is unnecessary baggage.
My criticism of our Assn would be a perceived lack of consultation and I would be more than happy to have someone show me that such does actually exist, it has not been evident of late. :(

TOM

#23 Postby TOM » Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:38 am

Your quite correct Lynn, you didn't mention dictators at all, that was me. Lets just call it a group of people making decisions without asking anyone for their opinion. There must be a word for that but im buggered if I can find it......

Lynn Otto

#24 Postby Lynn Otto » Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:46 am

Hmm let's see Tom...autocracy has a nice ring to it, perhaps that is what you may have been thinking of. Of course autocracy implies one person running things and I'm sure that can't possibly be the case so I could be wrong, it seems I often am.:D

Norm

#25 Postby Norm » Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:46 pm

There is nothing new or wrong in setting up an alternate association at a local level. It is done in most sports from Basketball to Fishing. It is actually a good thing and can lead to higher participation rates.
But I feel that at a national level, a single body is needed to coordinate things if the sport competes at that level and beyond.

ned kelly

#26 Postby ned kelly » Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:09 pm

G'Day All,
this topic first I've heard about an Vic F class association, guess I dont move in the right circles! Thank god for that! :D
Cheerio Ned the first!

bruce moulds

#27 Postby bruce moulds » Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:28 pm

despite what has been said regarding the s a fclass assn, i would like to say this in its defence.
firstly it is my understanding that anyone who is prepared to be active and proactive in a positive way within the assn will be listened to.
the assn has moved the sport forward by acting in a noncofrontational manner and in doing so has become like the fclass subcommittee of sara, at all times acting in an advisory manner only.
this state of affairs has come about primarily due to a culture of how the assn conducts itself. this is often represented by the elected executive.
sara will seek assn consultation on matters they want answers to.
due to hard work identifying and acting on relevent issues, here are some achievements in about the last five years.
we have made fclass part of the system, by earning respect and working within.
we have pushed for and had implemented grading in fstd.
we have assisted more clubs to include fclass in their prize shoots.
we have obtained sponsors for state teams and state championships.
we have an excellent website.
we have assisted with the transition to the current target.
we have promoted the sport in general.
we have had state teams of std and open the last two times (vict and canberra)
things are ongoing as we speak, e.g. teams, ftr, more club prizeshoots coming online, building our profile within sara.
the assn has vision and is moving forward.
the vast majority of membership is happy with modus operandi and performance.
bruce.

TOM

#28 Postby TOM » Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:43 pm

You Obviously dont get around much Ned the first???

Congrats on your States F class achievements Bruce, Obviously you have a solid mission statement in place and an outline of what you wish to achieve. Is anyone familiar with the Victorian F class assoc and what it/they hope to bring to the movement in Victoria?

John E

#29 Postby John E » Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:15 pm

Bruce
You have illustrated exactly why Victoria doesn't need a separate F Class association --- we had already achieved the goals that you lay claim to, well before SA did, and we did it without an F Class association.
Tr and F Class have worked harmoniously here from day 1 and continue to do so. A good percentage of the VRA councillors are F Class shooters, so we are well represented at that level.
A separate F Class Association in Victoria, is in my opinion, in excess of our needs.
John

AlanF

#30 Postby AlanF » Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:23 am

John E wrote:...we had already achieved the goals that you lay claim to, well before SA did, and we did it without an F Class association. Tr and F Class have worked harmoniously here from day 1 and continue to do so...

Spoken like a true Collingwood supporter John :D . Wouldn't you concede that if Victoria had had an association similar to SAFClass about 6 or 8 years ago things would have gone more smoothly? And would you also concede that because of their association, SA actually does some things better than Vic? Maybe we can't justify an association at this late stage, but you seem to be implying that the idea never had any worth.

Return to “General Forum”