first 60/10 in Victoria at a PM

For general announcements, and anything which does not fit into one of the categories below.

Moderator: Mod

bruce moulds

#16 Postby bruce moulds » Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:40 am

you've nailed that one woody.
i would go so far as to say it doesn't get any better than 1/3 moa ever.
we can all get a core group into 1/2 moa vert, but there is always that odd flyer due to the lord knows what that ruins it.
keeping them in the 6 ring 100% of the time is probably the most realistic dream in the real world.
we must differentiate between luck and the bottom line capability.
bruce.
"SUCH IS LIFE" Edward Kelly 11 nov 1880
http://youtu.be/YRaRCCZjdTM

Woody_rod

#17 Postby Woody_rod » Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:12 am

Agreed on all points Bruce. Vertical is the true test of any rifle/shooter combo at longer range. My open rifle gets up around 3/4 MOA at 900-1000y which can only be resolved with a LOT of work on case prep etc.

It is clear that when someone's rifle/ammo is going well, and the shooter is on his/her game, their short range scores will increase. This applies pretty much to any discipline and any caliber. The typical inexperienced shooter shooting good scores at short range, but then having trouble at longer ranges due to conditions is a common thing for gear that works well.

The difficulty with disciplines like F Open is your gear, ammo and shooter need to razor sharp to win. This is the interesting part of the game for me. TR requirements could be said to be less important due to the size of the target...but in looking objectively at this, it is not the case. Most TR / Palma shoots now, even after the inception of the ICFRA target, are separated on V bulls or X counts (in USA).

Return to “General Forum”