International F/TR

For general announcements, and anything which does not fit into one of the categories below.

Moderator: Mod

JannieSA

#16 Postby JannieSA » Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:36 am

RDavies wrote:I will be there in F Open, shooting individualy if we cant get an 8 man/woman team together, but thought our F std team stood a good chance of getting a medal.

Probably best if we all work together??

My 1 cents
The good thing about the FCWC; The Rutland Cup is shot the same time and only four shooters are required plus (officials) a wind coach etc. :D
Jannie Els
Captain: Protea F-Class Team
SOUTH AFRICA

M12LRPV

#17 Postby M12LRPV » Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:21 am

RDavies wrote:I thought this post was about F std, not F Open, but why the hostility. I thought we all had the same interests?????

The thread is about F/TR and not F-Std hence the reaction from a few that have been rubbed the wrong way just a bit too much lately.

John E

#18 Postby John E » Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:18 am

RDavies wrote:I thought this post was about F std, not F Open, but why the hostility. I thought we all had the same interests?????
I will be there in F Open, shooting individualy if we cant get an 8 man/woman team together, but thought our F std team stood a good chance of getting a medal.

Probably best if we all work together??

Fair enough, Rod, sorry.

Like any FSTD shooter would, Alan. Or perhaps it was an Anchutz rear sight.

John

RDavies

#19 Postby RDavies » Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:31 am

M12LRPV. It is best if we keep the F std Vs F/TR in Australia argument separate from the F/TR overseas push.

As it is, I,m building an Australian F std spec rifle which will have a separate F/TR spec barrel for people to borrow if they want to shoot over there but their rifle wont make specs.

Jannie. It is highly likely we will be able to field an F/TR and F Open team in the Rutland cup, but we will have to wait and see about the 8 shooter World Championships team for each.

M12LRPV

#20 Postby M12LRPV » Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:32 am

RDavies wrote:M12LRPV. It is best if we keep the F std Vs F/TR in Australia argument separate from the F/TR overseas push.

Yes. That is the point I was making.

Razer

#21 Postby Razer » Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:49 pm

I have no wish to get involved in a 's..t' fight over F/TR but if I may I would like to make a comparison to my start in FS.
In 1996/7 I was in no position to shoot TR due to left shoulder being RS. The club of which I was then a member had a member shooting a 25/06 so I thought, 'why not shoot my .243 for fun' which I did for 3 years [using a toolbox for a rest and hunting ammo :roll: '].
I moved in 2000 and didn't shoot for two years, but my youngest son wanted to shoot TR, so we joined our current club and he used my TR rifle and I used my .308 hunting rifle as the only FS rifle shooter in the club.
This attracted some very ribald comments, particularly when I decided to get serious and bought another target rifle :twisted:
I attended OPM's which attracted only 2,3 or 4 FS shooters, often FS was not even catered for and it was a matter of shooting for sport/fun, or just driving my son to attend. I chose to shoot.
Our club is now predominately FS, some coming from the service rifle discipline, or older TR shooters whose vision and 'hold' deteriorated, plus the odd disillusioned C grader and younger shooters who sling and jacket has no appeal.
I don't have to tell you the how successful FS is, that is obvious. It is successful because it filled a gaping void in target shooting. It has appeal for several reasons, the main one being is that it affordable as components are readily available being closely aligned to TR, and OPM's could cater for it without changing targets, and also by squadding the two disciplines together.
I can see no reason why, now that FO is also integrated with TR and FS in many ways, that shooters wanting F/TR cannot follow the self same steps that the early FS shooters took.
Turn up and shoot, and if what you are doing appeals to others then you will grow as a discipline. If not, then you will just have to accept the inevitable.
Just don't forget to declare if you are 'not' shooting FS specs, and, I do not know of any club that will say 'you may not shoot'. There will be no club F/TR comps to begin with so you will be shooting for your own PB, or just for fun.
But that's where I came in, so on that note, I will depart. :wink:

RAVEN

#22 Postby RAVEN » Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:26 pm

Good post Razor
Thats how I think it will start also its up to those keen enough to a go.
RB

Return to “General Forum”