NSW Firearms Club E-News

For general announcements, and anything which does not fit into one of the categories below.

Moderator: Mod

Lenny

NSW Firearms Club E-News

#1 Postby Lenny » Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:07 pm

As you may be aware in Dec 2010 the NSW Firearms Registry issued a newsletter, http://www.police.nsw.gov.au/__data/ass ... 201012.pdf
In the document among other changes it talks about Club Rifles that are licensed to a club member and the responsibility that entails. It reads in part “The club, through their nominated licence holder, is responsible at all times for the safe keeping, possession and use of all club firearms. This cannot be delegated.The licence holder may assign use of a club firearm to a club member who holds an equivalent firearms licence. The assigned club member may personally use the firearm or allow an unlicensed person to use the firearm while under their direct supervision, but only after the unlicensed person has been approved by the club or range officer on a P650 declaration form.
The club and club firearms licence holder should maintain a daily record of the club member's name and firearms licence number who is assigned possession of any club firearm.
The licence holder must not allow another licence holder to have a key to the club firearms safe storage facility."
I read that if I am licensed for the club rifles I have to be there every time a club rifle is used to sign out/in rifles and if I am not available the club rifles cannot be used even if I nominate a Club Committee member? Only I have access/keys to club rifles in safe storage? This seems too regimented for normal clubs operations. Can anyone please elaborate on this and maybe shed some light on how their club is handling this new set of rules.
Regards
Lenny

Return to “General Forum”