Floods and friends

For general announcements, and anything which does not fit into one of the categories below.

Moderator: Mod

Lynn Otto

Floods and friends

#1 Postby Lynn Otto » Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:51 am

I'm sure we have all been very mindful of the natural disasters that are currently sweeping across the country, the very graphic images from the floods are heart breaking. Trevor and I have many friends in the affected areas so the events become quite personal even though we are not directly affected. This morning I woke to hear that much of Horsham was expected go under as the Wimmera breaks its banks. I know this forum has many members in this area so my thoughts are with you all today, stay dry and stay safe.

It would be a great relief to know about the safety of others that we all call friends on this forum.

Lynn

Cameron Mc

#2 Postby Cameron Mc » Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:16 am

Lynn

We have had 3 major floods up where I live in QLD in the last 3 weeks. It has had a major affect on everyone. We are ok.

I hope everyone down south gets through this ok. Our thoughts are with you down there.

Cameron
Dalby, Qld

johnk

#3 Postby johnk » Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:43 pm

Lynn,

We're cleaned up & back on the air now. Got a bit damp under the house & a lot of stuff that couldn't be moved went west but we're fine & way better than so many.

Hell, we even got the power back today!

John
Chelmer

Lynn Otto

#4 Postby Lynn Otto » Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:23 am

Thankyou for responding guys, its good to know that while things have been difficult that you are ok. Take care.

johnk

#5 Postby johnk » Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:12 am

Damn! I hadn't seen news since Thursday til last night. Didn't know about Victoria.

Sorry!

Lynn Otto

#6 Postby Lynn Otto » Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:27 am

I've also heard that Tasmania is having problems as well but I have no reliable information for there.

edit: this is an ABC link that gives some overall information. http://www.abc.net.au/rural/news/conten ... 114325.htm
http://www.abc.net.au/rural/regions/con ... e=northtas

LEE .308

Tassie

#7 Postby LEE .308 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:06 pm

Hiays,
As far as I'm aware there has been no major flooding in Tas.
A few low lying areas have been inundated with a few bridges being knocked out, but I haven't seen any reports of loss of life although a few houses in the areas of Railton, Stony Rise, Devonport, Penguin and a few other northern towns did receive property damage but no where near the scale of the incidents in Australia :D, as well a few farmers suffering a fair bit of crop damage due to heavy rain when they least needed it.
On the brighter side with the flooding of paddocks and the overflow from a few lakes into small tarns in the lakes areas, the trout fishing has improved out of sight if you like stalking trout.
Thanks for your concerns. Good luck and wishes for a fast recovery to all those people affected on the mainland.
Lee
Lee O'Keefe
Secretary
Sandford Rifle Club
Tas
http://sandfordrifleclub.com.au/

Return to “General Forum”