Hiyas

For general announcements, and anything which does not fit into one of the categories below.

Moderator: Mod

LEE .308

Hiyas

#1 Postby LEE .308 » Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:49 pm

Hi guys,
New to this forum just wish take the opportunity to say hi.
I'm hoping to get some valuable info off here and learning some tricks maybe.
Located in Tas and shooting for Sanford Riffle Club.
Hope to see yas about some time.

Lee
:)

Lynn Otto

#2 Postby Lynn Otto » Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:24 am

Welcome Lee, it's also nice to see new members, thankyou for introducing yourself, have a look around and feel free to ask any questions you may have. :D

Lynn

Paul Janzso

Hi

#3 Postby Paul Janzso » Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:28 am

Hi LEE.308
Welcome to the sport.
Cheers
Paul
Time's a wasted wot's not spent shooti'n BARNARD 300WSM's

LEE .308

Thanks

#4 Postby LEE .308 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:44 am

Thanks for the welcome guys and don't worry Lynn there will be plenty of questions I'm sure.
I have been shooting F-Class for two years and am at the point where I know how much I don't know.
Although the guys in the club have been and no doubt always will be very helpful, it always good to get differing opinions and different ways of doing things.
Cheers :D
Lee O'Keefe
Secretary
Sandford Rifle Club
Tas
http://sandfordrifleclub.com.au/

RDavies

#5 Postby RDavies » Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:57 pm

Gday Lee. Just to let you know the main rule in F class. "Thou shalt introduce another new shooter to the sport". Well, if you are that new shooter, then you are exempt for now. :wink:
BTW, what caliber are you shooting? Dont say 308, be original. :shock:

LEE .308

G'Day R Davies

#6 Postby LEE .308 » Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:40 pm

HIYA,
RE. main rule,
Yep, reasonably new to sport (2 yrs) and currently harassing a mate from work to get down on a weekend and have a shot as he is a keen game shooter.
RE. calibre,
I'm currently using a 20mm depleted uranium round with an armour piercing ballistic tip cunningly disguised as a .308 155g HBC so I can shoot F standard, but keep that under ya hat for now. :lol:
However today I had my first Aust. Match Rifle shoot using 208g AMAX @1000 yards and considering I've still got a smile on ma dial I'll be doing a lot more of it, as with the experimentation of new calibres so once set up with a new rifle supporting the appropriate twist rate I may do more of the F-Class Open as well as the AMR, but at the moment, in Tas we have the AMR Championships coming up in March so will get that out of the way first.
But yes up until now it is just the standard .308 HBC's.
Cheers
Lee
Lee O'Keefe

Secretary

Sandford Rifle Club

Tas

johnk

Re: G'Day R Davies

#7 Postby johnk » Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:20 pm

LEE .308 wrote:However today I had my first Aust. Match Rifle shoot using 208g AMAX @1000 yards and considering I've still got a smile on ma dial I'll be doing a lot more of it,

Lee,

Hope you're still smiling when you're shooting 1100 & 1200 in March & that bloody Westerly comes in off Queenstown. Ask uncle Gilbert about the time back in 2003 when five of us altered on the shot my neighbour put on my target, let go a ragged volley after a decent pause & all of us missed by more than 4½ minutes & less than 7½ - every bleedin' shot went between the targets.

I ended up with about 26 minutes on my scope to keep on paper at that 1100, shooting 220 SMKs.

Welcome to the real stuff.

John Kielly

LEE .308

#8 Postby LEE .308 » Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:03 pm

:lol: I'LL be sure to quiz him on it.
He was actually doing the coaching for me today along with John Collis, Mark Walters and Robert Blacklow.
A great bunch of guys and the best day out shooting I've had for a while.
A lot of experience and knowledge between them and looking fwd spending a long time involved with them and the discipline.
Cheers
Lee
Lee O'Keefe

Secretary

Sandford Rifle Club

Tas

Return to “General Forum”