1,000 Yard Bench Rest

For general announcements, and anything which does not fit into one of the categories below.

Moderator: Mod

a.JR

#16 Postby a.JR » Sun May 16, 2010 7:13 am

Hi BAT , There are 2 separate comps going on at the same time , 1 for group & 1 for score .. For instance in AUS Heavy Gun the best shot so far is a 10 shot group of 4.73ins and the best score is 100 with 4 Xs ,both shot on the same target so that guy won score and group on the day as well as holding the record of best ever..One thing to remember on shoot day is if 2 shooters got a 100 score in a match ,one shot a 7.00 group and the other a 5.00 group then the 5.00 guy wins both .. Group is predominant .. The main reason for a fresh target each time is the Aus record for H/G is 4.730 ins if someone shoots a 4.729 then it becomes a new mark to aim for ..JR..Jeff Rogers[quote="BATattack"]..If your going into the Record target with only what you can remember from what happened during the sighter period , then it has to be quick ..

exactly what i was thinking jeff

would you be able to explain how the score is included in determining the winner?[/quote]

BATattack

#17 Postby BATattack » Sun May 16, 2010 7:47 pm

ok the two sepperate comps running at the same time explains things :D

basically the group is only used as a tie breaker if scores are the same.

IanP

#18 Postby IanP » Mon May 17, 2010 7:37 am

IBS Rules available here: http://internationalbenchrest.com/downl ... 2009R3.pdf
IBS website available here: http://www.international-benchrest.com/

Maybe we had better start looking for lots of windmill and streamer style wind indicators to put out on the range?

Ian

a.JR

Re: 1,000 Yard Bench Rest

#19 Postby a.JR » Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:37 am

Hi Paul , Your 1000yd Targets are on the way .. Good luck with the 1st match ,being apart of the AUST side of the international postal comp in July should make it even better..JR..Jeff Rogers[quote="pest bird"]Maybe Jeff Rogers can shed some light on the subject for us.
Jeff, what is the procedure for 1,000yd BR?
Do you have sighting shots?
How many?
I have read the scores and it seems light benchrest , you have 5 scoring shots but heavy class you shoot 10 scoring shots, is this correct?
Any thing else we should know?

Cheers
Paul[/quote]

a.JR

#20 Postby a.JR » Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:11 am

Hi Paul , Congrats to you and the rest of the SA competitors on your first 1000yd Benchrest event.. It is my understanding that the results from MBRC / Townsville and Canberra have been forwarded to the US Virginia range and should be posted soon on the US website as a comparison for July.. Once you see their results it's not hard to see that we Aussies need all the help you guys can muster. each month. Hopefully the weather can come good for your next match.. The TSV and CBR results are up but i can not find a way of attaching them here.. JR.. Jeff Rogers..ps..Long Range BR will always be in the hands of the Wind Gods but i wish for once they would smile on us up here instead of trying to blow us off the map ..

IanP

#21 Postby IanP » Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:43 pm

a.JR wrote:Hi Paul , Congrats to you and the rest of the SA competitors on your first 1000yd Benchrest event.. It is my understanding that the results from MBRC / Townsville and Canberra have been forwarded to the US Virginia range and should be posted soon on the US website as a comparison for July.. Once you see their results it's not hard to see that we Aussies need all the help you guys can muster. each month. Hopefully the weather can come good for your next match.. The TSV and CBR results are up but i can not find a way of attaching them here.. JR.. Jeff Rogers..ps..Long Range BR will always be in the hands of the Wind Gods but i wish for once they would smile on us up here instead of trying to blow us off the map ..

Our inaugural 1000 yard benchrest write up can be found here: http://murraybridgerifleclub.com/Benchrest.html

Ian

Return to “General Forum”