Banned Members

For general announcements, and anything which does not fit into one of the categories below.

Moderator: Mod

VickiMcc

Banned Members

#1 Postby VickiMcc » Sat Nov 19, 2005 9:27 pm

Should Bill Siegloff be banned from this forum, Yes or no, any comments please???

Dazza

#2 Postby Dazza » Sat Nov 19, 2005 10:20 pm

Why has Bill been banned? He is a keen F-Class shooter and encourages new shooters. Can any one tell me the reason he has been banned? Certainly not for wasting bandwidth............ Plenty of others here do that.

#3 Postby Guest » Sun Nov 20, 2005 7:06 am

TO Paul and Darren,

Bill Seigloff was banned because he made some very nasty personal comments about certain persons and two clubs.
Comments such as he made are not allowed on open forums and Alan Frazer did the only thing he could do.

However on consultation with the parties concerned, Bill was given the opportunity to return to the forum if he posted an apology on the forum which was satisfactory to all concerned.
Bill apparently refuses to do this and that is why he is still banned.
It's his own fault.

Barry Davies.

Tony Q

#4 Postby Tony Q » Sun Nov 20, 2005 8:33 am

I’m unsure what transpired leading up to the comments Bill made. While there is never a good reason to get personal was Bill provoked into his comments?, did the others in question make any derogatory comments themselves? Where they banned also?
MBRC F-Class standard ... and proud of it!

#5 Postby Guest » Sun Nov 20, 2005 11:15 am

Tony,
Bill was not prevoked in any way, in fact, The people in question at that time were not members of this forum. It came to their attention by a member via a telephone call.

The attack came as a complete surprise to the people concerned and the particular two rifle clubs.

This subject should not be aired on this forum out of respect to Alan Fraser and this forum.

The persons concerned need to sort this out for themselves in private.

Tony Q

#6 Postby Tony Q » Sun Nov 20, 2005 11:24 am

This subject should not be aired on this forum out of respect to Alan Fraser and this forum.

I agree Adam .. i was going to say the same thing in my first post.
MBRC F-Class standard ... and proud of it!

bruce moulds

#7 Postby bruce moulds » Sun Nov 20, 2005 6:34 pm

does prevoked mean voked before, or previously voked?
did bill threaten anyone? (seems to be a bit of a problem in vic)?
did the people who considered themselves wronged decide that the website was at fault?
why are we being deprived of bill's knowledge & experience on this site because someone else has a problem with him?
bruce.

#8 Postby Guest » Mon Nov 21, 2005 6:46 am

Bruce,

Sounds to me like you are being deprived because Bill has a problem with somebody else.

Barry Davies

AlanF

#9 Postby AlanF » Mon Nov 21, 2005 7:02 am

I am sorry that this is being publicised - it has been kept quiet up till now more out of respect for the parties in the dispute rather than myself, and of course it does not give a good impression of us as a group to have disputes aired on the forum. The main reason for the ban on Bill was that legal action was threatened against me as the administrator of the forum over alleged libellous statements in one of Bill's posts. I deleted the post and decided to ban Bill immediately on receiving a telephone call from one of the aggrieved parties, and am not prepared to take the risk personally of allowing Bill back until he is prepared to give a satisfactory apology to those affected. I would appreciate no further "beating up" of this issue on the forum - its one of those things that some seem to enjoy stirring up, but there are no winners.

Alan

VickiMcc

#10 Postby VickiMcc » Mon Nov 21, 2005 11:37 am

:) To the following cry babies

Its ok for others to talk about Bill off and on the website, the crazyiness about suing and phone calls, its got to stop we are alll fellow shooters suppose to exchanging information an ideas, but instead we are all at fault. so stop blaming others and look upon, ourselfs to share information and ideas and stop crying over the fact he was threating me, or i didnt like what he said, suck it up and get on with it.

Vicki McCarthy

Return to “General Forum”