Etiquette.

For general announcements, and anything which does not fit into one of the categories below.

Moderator: Mod

Tony Z

Etiquette.

#1 Postby Tony Z » Wed Oct 12, 2005 5:30 pm

edited 15/11/05
Last edited by Tony Z on Tue Nov 15, 2005 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tony Q

#2 Postby Tony Q » Wed Oct 12, 2005 6:49 pm

Dear Tony Z

When this forum first started you could see the pent up frustration pouring out when a hot topic was raised. Its what we do, years of frustration being released in the written word.

The problem with the written word is the emotion the reader places on it, even without the use of upper case we can still read … ‘ I would like to see’ as ‘I WANT TO SEE!!!!’

So your not alone in this mate 8)

I for one enjoy your replies … your dead wrong … but I still enjoy them. :P

I hope one day we all get to meet each other as only then can we fully understand where each is coming from as the way we say something or the body language used makes enormous differences to how we respond to something ..

So, one day we will all have a face to face social chat .. or an old fashioned punch up! :lol: :lol: :lol:
MBRC F-Class standard ... and proud of it!

AlanF

#3 Postby AlanF » Wed Oct 12, 2005 8:21 pm

Tony Z,

I've been hearing a few people mentioning your notable bench-rest credentials recently. Along with Jeff Rogers, I'm sure you have much to offer by way of equipment and reloading advice. I'm puzzled as to why you both seem to be more interested in FS than FO, given the current uncertainty about FS stocks, and the greater similarity of BR equipment with FO. The costs are a little higher in FO than FS I know, but compared with all the other costs involved, I wouldn't have thought that would be the deciding factor. Enlighten us!

Alan :)

Tony Z

#4 Postby Tony Z » Thu Oct 13, 2005 8:08 am

edited 15/11/05
Last edited by Tony Z on Tue Nov 15, 2005 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tony Q

#5 Postby Tony Q » Thu Oct 13, 2005 8:38 am

I have seen written on this forum comments like ‘I try to find ways to improve my rifles accuracy through modifications’ and that fine if your talking about fiddling with the bedding or altering the length of the stock to suit you better … but that’s where it should end in FS. The issue of a level paying field is one of attitude to the equipment used first, this equipment needs to be not the same across the board but similar in concept just as fullbore TR rifles are.

We would get more recognition and more professionalism from having 2 classes with one shooting std TR or factory rifles and the other shooting whatever else.

Tony Z

#6 Postby Tony Z » Mon Oct 31, 2005 9:54 am

edited 15/11/05
Last edited by Tony Z on Tue Nov 15, 2005 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tony Q

#7 Postby Tony Q » Mon Oct 31, 2005 10:51 am

Dear Tony Z and others.

Mostly I agree with what your saying. With some issues I personally have put on the table they are from local and interstate shooters who cant or wont voice a comment on an open forum, for whatever their reasons. Weather I understand this or not isn’t the point as I still respect their privacy in this matter and only indicates we need more effort form the state groups to canvass state members in polls.

In regard to Peter Smith, it is with regret that what happened ended up in anger. I understand lateral thinking and understand where he was coming from but it was a cynical inappropriate answer to what is for many a serious topic. My respect for Peter and others has not changed, he and many more are active is many areas for the betterment of this sport and should be congratulated. However that particular thread was on targets and for the most part was an excellent thread with quality and informative postings the norm until someone changed it to something else for whatever motive and reason.

From now on I for one will be ignoring anything that is not relevant to a particular topic, having said that some topics do require some sideways movement as the answers may need several parts interlinked. If we disagree with an idea or option then please put forward an educated response to it as we all deserve that respect if nothing else. Some of us are guilty of using sarcasm, anger, public humiliation and other things either in the first response or in defense or even retaliation … lets try hard not to do this and as we will eventually undermine the respect we have for each other or the hard work and effort that has gone into this great site.

Return to “General Forum”