1000yard benchrest

For general announcements, and anything which does not fit into one of the categories below.

Moderator: Mod

jeremy

1000yard benchrest

#1 Postby jeremy » Sat Oct 01, 2005 10:26 am

as a fairly new f class shooter, i am also interested in possibly attending or discussing the in outs of 1000yard benchrest. i am led to believe that 1000yard benchrest is being conducted along the fclass format in canberra.
pardon my ignorance ,but is there an equivalent australian site to ozfclass that provides information or discussion avenues for 1000yard br topics.

from the fclass perspective, congatulations to the administrator for this excellent and informative site.

jeremy

a.JR

ED

#2 Postby a.JR » Sat Oct 01, 2005 11:30 am

Ed
Last edited by a.JR on Sun Jan 01, 2006 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jeremy

1000yard benchrest

#3 Postby jeremy » Mon Oct 03, 2005 2:52 pm

apologies for mentioning 1000yard benchrest on this forum, but i apparently mistakenly assumed that fclass and 1000yard benchrest would share many commonalities, due to the fact that they are long range shooting disciplines.

i am also somewhat hesitant to be involved or make any comment on forums due to my lack of experience in actual long range competitions.

however i do find it extremely interesting to browse the various sites( long-range.com,benchrest central, actbenchrest.com as well as ozfclass)in an effort to increase my knowledge, by reading the experiences and opinions of those who have much more ability than i.

hopefully in time it will be this attained information which will influence my future directions in fclass and possibly later on 1000yard benchrest.

as an aside, it appears from ATR reports and the actbenchrest site that many fclass shooters have in the past and today continue to shoot 1000yard br.

even with my acknowledged inexperience, i can appreciate the associated difficulties of all long range shooting styles whether fclass std or open.

however i find it extremely difficult to imagine or comprehend what it must be like to try and shoot long range without target markings, as in american 1000yard benchrest.

just as a matter of interest, was there any particular reason why 1000yard benchrest in australia has reverted to fclass scoring and marking?

mr moderator - is there any chance that there would be sufficient interest to open an australian orientated 1000yard benchrest group on this site?

ajr - thanks for the offer, if i decide to become active in fclass/1000yard br, i will be in contact for specific information. at the moment i am still weighing up the different options.

to all, i will retire back to browsing and not mention 1000yard br on this site anymore.

jeremy

#4 Postby Guest » Mon Oct 03, 2005 8:21 pm

ed
Last edited by Guest on Sun Oct 30, 2005 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

a.JR

ED

#5 Postby a.JR » Tue Oct 04, 2005 8:02 am

ED
Last edited by a.JR on Sun Jan 01, 2006 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dave

1000 yard benchrest

#6 Postby dave » Tue Oct 04, 2005 4:05 pm

jeremy

for your information and as a minor clarification, 1000 yard benchrest is presently being conducted in nth queensland (courtesy of ajr and tony z) as well as in canberra.
1000yd br matches are also in the process of being organised for corryong and bendigo next year.
shooters have the option of electing to shoot "blind" or "f class style" in canberra.
all the other venues mentioned, have indicated that they intend to continue with the traditional williamsport/ibs/nbrsa style of "blind"shooting.

if you require any additional information or wish to discuss this topic further, please feel free to contact me via my PM.

be warned though, long range shooting tends to be addictive !!

cheers
dave

Return to “General Forum”