2nd State F Standard Team Shoot

For general announcements, and anything which does not fit into one of the categories below.

Moderator: Mod

RAVEN

#16 Postby RAVEN » Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:21 pm

Hi Warwick
South Australia will be having a State Association Meeting this month we will consider the options and send you a reply that will represent the wishes of F-Class from SA
Cheers
RICHARD
Secretary
F-Class Association South Australia

mick l

#17 Postby mick l » Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:37 pm

Adam,

dont provoke any bullshit.

I feel very sad that you have chosen to get things to the low end of the scale

A shoot of this type can raise funds for the much needed improvments that you so dearly long for........................that is my intrest ............to see things improve.

you dont shoot F class

As shooters we should all be on the one side.........not an us and them way of thinking.
We are shooters first...........lets smile and have a cold one ..........it will all work out for the best if we work together.
Lets build things up......not pull then down :D :D :D
mick

Woody_rod

#18 Postby Woody_rod » Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:12 pm

Warwick,

Gday mate from Wurgabup. Where the hell were you at our OPM??? You f class guys are scared of our nice 1000y range arent you!!! Gray won it btw, nothing surprising there.

ANYHOW, back to your thread....I vote 4. I do not shoot in f class comps, but have done so at club level, and my wife and son now shoot in f class. Would think it ideal to have the f class and TR guys at the same range at a national level.

I havent been shooting long enough to "know" that TR is the only type of shooting!!!! Old ideas are best kept with the people that die with them....

Sunny

#19 Postby Sunny » Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:47 am

[quote="mick l"]Adam,
Now what Victorian members would like to know is,are you anti VRA or just anti Bendigo???

Geez Mick, where did that come from? A question was asked of the members and upon re-reading Adams reply, I cant see why you would need to try to make something else out of it. I don't see anything in his answer to suggest he is anti VRA or anti Bendigo - he has supported the Canberra venue because of the good facilities and more importantly the accessability to a greater number of shooters.
Just answer the question without getting personal. :roll:
Go Hawks!

mick l

#20 Postby mick l » Sat Jun 07, 2008 11:22 am

Gday Sunny,
Great to see some new members having a say. :D
Not sure if we have run into each other on a range yet??
Look foward to putting a face to the name.
What do you shoot??

Now to the question at hand,
First let me say that i support the VRA in their endeavors to promote the shooting sports and the Bendigo range.

Sunny it makes me and many other Victorian shooters see "RED" when a fellow shooter wants to move a shoot from Victoria to another place, when this would remove funds from this state and the Bendigo range.

Too me Sunny the original post was anti Victorian.
If I have upset anyone ,I apologise.It was a simple question that seems to be taken out of context.

Perhaps we will shoot together on a range one day Sunny and have a good debate on this and find out were every one stands?

We are shooters first,
Lets build things up, not pull them down :D :D

mick

Tom Lowndes

#21 Postby Tom Lowndes » Sun Jun 08, 2008 9:16 pm

Mick

Two questions.

Have you ever been to Majura?

Will you be shooting in the FClass Team?

I believe Adam answered the question fairly and honestly.

Tom Lowndes

mick l

#22 Postby mick l » Sun Jun 08, 2008 11:07 pm

Gday Tom
Great to hear from you :D :D

Have you nominated as the captain of the team?? :shock: :shock:

Its a bit early to say who will be in the team..........untill it is picked.......is it not .There are many who would make great team members.

Mick

Tom Lowndes

#23 Postby Tom Lowndes » Sun Jun 08, 2008 11:15 pm

Mick

No,I have not nominated for either Captain ,Coach nor shooter;and at this stage have no intension of doing any.

Tom

mick l

#24 Postby mick l » Sun Jun 08, 2008 11:43 pm

Tom,
Sorry to hear that you won't be leading a team.

I'm sure you could have gathered a great team about you
Maybe you could have some input to the team "somewhere"

Mick
Lets build things up,Not pull them down

#25 Postby Guest » Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:35 am

Mick, seems you are more worried about some quick money than the benefit of the shoot itself.Do you have any pros and cons other than the above mentioned in regards to a venue? I also believe Tom asked you some questions which you left unanswered, care to enlighten us with a reply?

John E

#26 Postby John E » Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:55 am

Fellas,
I think this conversation might be irrelevant, because I'm pretty sure that I heard yesterday that the event has been officially been approved for Bendigo.
I think that's what I heard, but you know how deaf I am. :) :)
John

mick l

#27 Postby mick l » Mon Jun 09, 2008 2:23 pm

John,

that the event has been officially been approved for Bendigo.

Thanks for clearing that up for some! :D :D

Adam,
Tom has said were he stands on the team

No,I have not nominated for either Captain ,Coach nor shooter;and at this stage have no intension of doing any.

..........How about you giving us a reply as to were you stand?? :shock:

mick

bobped

F Standard Team Shoot

#28 Postby bobped » Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:06 am

For Goodness Sake!!!! I think all F Class shooters should rejoice. F Class shooting is / has become and integral and important part of NRAA Shooting. I shoot both F Class and TR and enjoy both. I do hate the disagreements and (dare I say it) sometimes bitching that goes on in this forum, because I believe it detracts from the progress and potential development of our sport.
Perhaps I look at it too simply or naively. The way I see it is this. F Class started some time ago and is certainly the fastest (perhaps only) growing part of our sport. It has got to the stage where in many Queens Prize meetings, it often outnumbers B Grade numbers. By the way, there were 23 F Class entries at the Wingham Prize Meet just recently. (N.B. Wingham is in Mid Northern NSW, not near Canberra. There are other shooters out there)
In recognition of this, the VRA has decided and hopes that there are probably enough numbers and interest to start an Interstate Teams Competition, run on a National Basis, just the same as there is an Interstate Teams Competition for the Target Rifle Part of the NRAA, and also for the Ladies Teams and the Under 25 Teams.
I don't believe the VRA wants to dominate the potential competition, or run it all the time. It just wants to start the ball rolling, see if it works, and maybe it will become a natural part of the whole NRAA agenda. If the VRA proposal gets under way (and it will) I hope that Tasmania will be able to raise an F Class Team to compete, and I hope to be a member of it. Then perhaps I can look forward to an Annual (perhaps bi-annual) F Class Interstate Teams Competition, that is serious, competitive, fun and social in the same way I enjoy the other teams competitions that are run around different parts of this great country of ours. I go to interstate teams matches wherever they are scheduled, and meet friends that come from as far as Darwin, Perth, North Queensland and all parts in between. I'm not pro Canberra, Victoria, NSW or anyone in particular. I just want to enjoy my sport.
Cheers - Bob Pedersen
Hobart - Tasmania

AlanF

#29 Postby AlanF » Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:55 am

=D> =D> =D>

#30 Postby Guest » Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:07 am

Nominations have not been called for yet Mick, I have not seen a programme and no-one knows where the shoot is. and above all, the selector will make the decisions as to who is on the team, so how do you expect me to tell you where I stand when i dont know a thing about the shoot?

Now that i have answered your questions, you have some to answer, how bout it? I will also advise you not to quote part of a sentence, I refer to John Elands post where you convieniently took what you wanted and left a significant part out, that being "pretty sure" as in, not completely sure! Some readers will take the quote in your post as gospel, why not wait untill you know whats going on before you post things like that? Its cleared nothing up at all.

Return to “General Forum”