2nd State F Standard Team Shoot

For general announcements, and anything which does not fit into one of the categories below.

Moderator: Mod

Warwick Brown

2nd State F Standard Team Shoot

#1 Postby Warwick Brown » Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:48 pm

The NRA had their Council meeting a few weeks ago and it was brought to my attention by one of the membes that the VRA had sent a letter requesting NRA endorsment to hold the Inagural F Class State Team Shoot at the Bendigo Queens in 2009. I told him we had already got the ball rolling and held such a shoot in Canberra last year.
Greg Warrian and I donated the F Standard State Team Shield as a perpetual trophy to the Canberra Rifle Club at last years shoot after about 17 months of discussion amonst F Class shooters from different states of Australia. The movement have had small concern for what F Class do or how we do it until over 60 F shooters registered at the Canberra Queens.
The NRA also recieved a letter from the Canberra Rifle Club requesting that their second F Standard State Team shoot be endorsed for the 2008 Queens. The Canberra request was received a week after the VRA's. The NRA decided to endorse the VRA request as the letter arrived before Canberra's.
The Canberra Queens had 53 F Standard Shooters in 2007 being the biggest F Class shoot in Australia. The Team shoot was run and enjoyed by all shooter there. Canberra was settled on for a team shoot because the general feeling amonst F Class shooters was that it was the most central range state wise and that November was a good time of the year to hold it. I have also been informed that the decision made by the NRA to hold the inaugual F Standard Teams shoot at Bendigo in 2009 can be reversed if enough F Class shooters disagree with their decision.
I am not critical of the NRA Council as they have many matters to attend to and decisions to make at their metings, but this decision was made without all facts and considerations taken into account.
You the reader (of this short novel), need to MAKE COMMENT here on this forum even if you dont intend shooting at the Queens or are not likely to shoot in a state team, because you may in the future.

1. Leave it where it was started in Canberra each year & make Canberra the home of F Class
2. Change it to Bendigo as NRA have endorsed.
3. Alternate between ACT and Victoria every 18 months
4. Have it when and where taget rifle are having it.

Or are there any other suggestions.

Good luck - Shoot straight and central . . . .
Warwik Brown Darling Range Rifle Club WA
Perceive-Believe-Achieve

#2 Postby Guest » Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:05 pm

On behalf of the Davies Family (5), we would like to see the F class teams match live in Canberra, if the last couple of years are any indication, Canberra will be the most supported Queens in terms of F class, is central to most places, is a very pleasant place to shoot and on range facilities are currently far better than Bendigo.

mick l

#3 Postby mick l » Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:01 pm

"Adam",
You must be talking in jest :shock:
I would not have thought of you as anti VRA.
Maybe you could make your thourghts more clear!!!
Last edited by mick l on Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:49 am, edited 2 times in total.

AlanF

#4 Postby AlanF » Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:41 pm

mick l wrote:Alan....

????? :-k

BTW Mick, someone said you were thinking of going to the National Queens?

Alan

mick l

#5 Postby mick l » Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:08 pm

Alan F,
Brisbane may look good if I get all my crop sown in time and catch up on my other jobs................what about you?????
mick

VRA

#6 Postby VRA » Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:16 pm

Dear Members,

The VRA Council has been monitoring the growth of F Class for some time. An integral part of developing this category of our sport is to introduce a National Teams event. We certainly reject any assertion that we are merely becoming interested as the result of increased patronage at the ACT Queens.

We submitted our proposal to the NRAA to host an F Class State Team event at the Wellsford Range in 2009, prior to any knowledge of the event conducted in ACT.
This proposal was tabled at the NRAA AGM in October 2007.The NRAA agreed with the proposal in principle and requested the VRA submit a proposed format. At the VRA Queens in March 2008 a survey was conducted proposing to host the F Class event in conjunction with the Ladies Team event, prior to the Queens in 2009. The survey results were very supportive resulting in VRA forwarding the proposed format to the NRAA. The proposal was approved at the NRAA’s May meeting. The decision to hold the event in conjunction with the Ladies Teams was arrived at due to the recent declining entries in the Ladies Teams and the possibility that some States may not be able to field an F Class Team. By holding the events simultaneously, at this stage, will result in well patronised marketable events. The VRA's position is that all NRAA member states and territories should be given the opportunity to host this event on a rotational basis.

In January 2008 the VRA informed members on this forum of our commitment to this event and asked for opinions from members. A lengthy four page thread on the subject can be viewed on the events page.

A carbon copy email of the ACTFBTR Teams proposal that was sent to the NRAA was received by the VRA on the 20th of March 2008. This was after the survey at our Queens and well after the NRAA AGM in October 2007. The VRA has continued to support F Class since its introduction and responded to members needs as best we can the introduction of A and B grade highlights this. At the end of the day it is surely best to all work together to develop our sport.

Chris Gillard
Executive Officer

mick l

#7 Postby mick l » Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:33 pm

At the end of the day it is surely best to all work together to develop our sport.

=D> =D> =D>
mick

Matt P

#8 Postby Matt P » Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:34 pm

Warick
Add me to your list, Canberra have bent over backwards for FC, first with your team event and also adding FC to the Tiverton Cup.

Matt Paroz

Warwick Brown

#9 Postby Warwick Brown » Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:36 pm

62 people have looked at this subject since posted this morning and 1 reply. We need input from everyone that reads this article please. If you could be bothered reading it, make a choice and post it to general forum even if you dont comment - choose 1. 2. 3. or 4. We need to approch the NRA with a general idea of what F Class want in regard to team shooting. If you dont want to post it on general - post it to my private box or email me cwb13@bigpond.net.au
Perceive-Believe-Achieve

Warwick Brown

#10 Postby Warwick Brown » Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:00 am

This thread is not anti VRA or anti NRA or anti anything. F Class will be around for a long time so lets get it right from the start about the where and when factor. Majority rule is best for the F Class movement and F Class is still in its early stages. Lets get a true indication of F Class shooters thoughts that use this website - state to state on the where and when without any critical talk or private bickering.
Please lets keep it positive on this thread.....
Perceive-Believe-Achieve

AlanF

#11 Postby AlanF » Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:01 am

Warwick,

You may have picked a bad time to get a good response from Victoria. There has been another issue that has been dominating discussion for the last fortnight, and a few might be feeling "forumed out".

The VRA proposal was attempting to include F-Open, possibly in a composite team e.g. teams to have say 8 members including up to 2 F-Class Open. Is the ACT proposal likely to have something similar, if not now then down the track? I'm a little concerned that F-Open seems to have been deliberately pushed into the background in WA, supposedly to be revived once F-Std is going well. Do you seriously expect that to happen?

Alan

#12 Postby Guest » Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:00 am

Mick,
The question was in regards to where i would like to see the teams shoot held, I gave my answer of Canberra because of it's cental location,among other reasons, make of that what you will, I knew i would be accused of sniping the VRA so thanks, I won a bet too, but i didnt think it would be because of you. Take the shoot to Brisbane, Darwin or Western Australia and the shoot will most likely fall over, keep it within a reasonable distance from the core of your shooters and it will be successfull.
Canberra is a great range, although i have said some choice words while shooting there, but you cannot dispute the on range facilities, they are excellent, ample camping space, a laundry to wash your clothes, the kitchen is open for breakfast, lunch and Tea. infact, once you get there, you really have no reason to leave the range. Bendigo, while being an excellent place, range wise, is a hot,dusty unpleasant place to be during this time of year.Yes Canberra was hot last year too, thats unusual i think, but given the chance to be there or Bendigo during a 40 degree day, I will choose Canberra every time.

mick l

#13 Postby mick l » Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:58 am

Adam,
Thanks for clearing that up(Bendigo Vs Canbera).........
Now what Victorian members would like to know is,are you anti VRA or just anti Bendigo???
Glad to help you with your bet :wink: :wink:
mick

AlanF

#14 Postby AlanF » Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:35 am

mick l wrote:...Brisbane may look good if I get all my crop sown in time and catch up on my other jobs................what about you?????

Entry paid - will be driving up on either the 15th or 16th.

Alan

#15 Postby Guest » Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:51 am

Im not anti anything Mick, If you forget Warwick asked for this to be discussed in a rational type manner, dont provoke any bullshit.if you would like to discuss this further, you know my phone number, or contact me by private message.You can then post your findings on here if you wish. I dont want to destroy Warwicks thread. Whats your interest anyway Mick, last time I checked you dont shoot F class.

Return to “General Forum”