FS grading proposed for SARA 2008 QUEENS

For general announcements, and anything which does not fit into one of the categories below.

Moderator: Mod

RAVEN

FS grading proposed for SARA 2008 QUEENS

#1 Postby RAVEN » Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:48 pm

Could the forum members please give me some feedback on this proposal.
Q: would interstate ppl be more willing to travel to SARA QUEENS if we had grading for F-CLASS STANDARD

Thanx in advance

Richard
Sec. FCASA

#2 Postby Guest » Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:58 am

Hi Richard,
If you look at the VRA Queens for the past 2 years---FS B grade.
In 2007 of 18 entries, 6 were from interstate.
In 2008 of 20 entries, 6 were from interstate.
I think you have to concentrate more on bringing the locals out of the cupboard as you cannot rely on interstaters to make up the majority.

Barry

Simon C

#3 Postby Simon C » Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:26 am

Gday Richard,

I think that would be a good idea for the competition as a whole. We had a good competition in 07 with a big field in FS regardless of grading (I think it was about 27 from memory)

If I was a new shooter, I would be more likley to attend the Queens if there was a B grade as I would have a chance of winning something. It has the added benefit of introducing them to the comp scene and will go a long way to improve general cameraderie within the F-Class movement.

If it did go ahead, I would expect that there would be an increased field from both intra and interstate shooters. There is sound logic behind it.
"Aim small, miss small"

Simon

teddywaddy

#4 Postby teddywaddy » Fri Mar 21, 2008 9:36 pm

Hi Richard,

Being new to the sport I would defiantely travel to interstate comps to compete if they had FS 'B', it is tough competeing against the more experience shooters and also at the same cost!!

Just my opinion,

Cheers,
Rhonda

Return to “General Forum”