Leupold Scopes

For general announcements, and anything which does not fit into one of the categories below.

Moderator: Mod

Leupold Scopes

#1 Postby Guest » Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:42 pm

Ever wondered why you are paying so much for Leupold Scopes?
Click on the link below and then click on " Leupold Scopes" in column on LHS and find out why!!!

www.bluebazooka.com
Barry

AlanF

#2 Postby AlanF » Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:17 pm

That's a real eye-opener Barry. I compared the price of bluebazooka and NIOA for a 8-20x50 VXIII with Fine Duplex reticle :

BlueBazooka A$960, NIOA A$1300

NIOA is over 35% dearer, plus they will charge postage within Australia whereas bluebazooka delivery is free from the US.

NIOA imports a huge range of firearms related gear. Chances are they do these sorts of exclusivity deals with most of their suppliers. When I get a chance I'll dig out all their other brand-names. We're being taken for mugs here - I wonder what sort of car our Mr NIOA drives...

Tom Lowndes

NIOA

#3 Postby Tom Lowndes » Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:01 pm

I believe he is also the importer(sole agent ?)for the Nosler 155,.223 just introduced.
IF, this is the case, another good reason to support the Australian made projectile not only in 155,but push for a .223.

Tom Lowndes

#4 Postby Guest » Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:02 pm

Nioa Trading are the importers and distributors ( to the NRAA ) of the recently approved Nosler projectile. Sort of makes you wonder if the NRAA did in fact get the best deal possible?
Barry

#5 Postby Guest » Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:04 pm

Right on Tom.
Should give our local industries priority.
Barry

CEW

#6 Postby CEW » Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:06 am

Nioa has just sewn up an exclusive deal with Lapua products and Vihtavouri powders late last year. And I do mean sewn up. Also Alliant powders has been taken over from Colin Carruthers of Westfire in WA by Nioa. Weatherby, Sightron and the list goes on. All under exclusivity.
As for a 223 Dyer made projectile, this will cost well in excess of $100K just for the dies and more $ for setup change. With 223 bullet sales being poor compared to 308, this is not going to happen. With a US request for the new 15 ogive 155s, all time will be spent filling this order. We import Noslers, just so we can export Dyers.
On Noslers, a mate up north recently put them to the test through a known good barrel in a HG. His words were, they shot worse than what they measured. Three times the vertical at 600 yds as compared to both 2003 batch Noslers and current Sierras. The vertical spread was larger than the 5 ring. When I asked as to what he meant by measured. He said base to ogive and meplat diameter control was the worst he had seen on any bullet that had the "Match" attached to its name. Batch number was 628 628 343. I have also recently shot this batch and the accuracy i got was about 1 inch at 100 yards at best. Most were over this. I have not shot them at range.
Peter

#7 Postby Guest » Wed Jan 23, 2008 6:25 am

Agree with CEW re base to ogive and meplat variations in Nosler projectiles. So bad I wouldn't waste my time testing them.
Barry

Dave P

#8 Postby Dave P » Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:58 pm

AlanF,

That's a real eye-opener Barry. I compared the price of bluebazooka and NIOA for a 8-20x50 VXIII with Fine Duplex reticle :

BlueBazooka A$960, NIOA A$1300

NIOA is over 35% dearer, plus they will charge postage within Australia whereas bluebazooka delivery is free from the US.

There are other options on the market such as Vortex. These are new to the riflescope market but I have no doubt they are the equal to the VXIII having compared the two myself. I actually wrote and posted a review on the Vortex Viper 6.5-20 here somewhere a while back. As for consumer costs the RRP is about $748 for a Vortex Viper with a choice of three reticles (Target dot, V-plex Wide and Deadhold BDC) pretty good deal really.

Heres a link to the scope page for Vortex Australia, you can buy direct while they are establishing retailers.

https://www.vortexoptics.com.au/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.browse&category_id=3&Itemid=51

Alan delete if you feel its inappropriate.
I am not in anyway involved with nor do I represent Vortex just offering an alternative.

cheers
Dave P

Surgeon

#9 Postby Surgeon » Thu Jan 24, 2008 7:58 pm

CEW I dont know where you get your information about Lapua and Vihtavouri ,the only thing related to Lapua that Nioa have is SK and thats all !
I have checked with the Lapua agent and he said the rumour is untrue .
probably started by Nioa or you ..

Dave P

#10 Postby Dave P » Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:23 pm

Surgeon,

I have heard the same thing re-Lapua from various dealers .. although I have also been told Custers still have plenty of gear.

cheers
DaveP

Malcolm Hill

Leupold scopes

#11 Postby Malcolm Hill » Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:56 pm

For some interesting reading go to the Blue Bazooka website now and follow the links from Leupold scopes - it's been updated in the last few days. Regards Malcolm.

Vic Police Rifle Club

#12 Postby Vic Police Rifle Club » Fri May 16, 2008 1:41 pm

Hmmm ..... Lots of good prices and promises for Leupold .....

TRY TO ORDER ONE !!!!

Return to “General Forum”