F class clubs

For general announcements, and anything which does not fit into one of the categories below.

Moderator: Mod

Kreman

F class clubs

#1 Postby Kreman » Fri Oct 19, 2007 3:12 am

Hi all, I'm new to the site and also the sport (though I have done some hunting) and I was trying to find an F Class club in Melbourne’s outer East.

I was also trying to find a Range out this way that has benches that you can sit at and rest a bipod , this is proving rather difficult as not many of them have bench rests or they want you to join there clubs and most don’t do F Class.

Also does anyone know of any open ranges where you don’t need to be a member to shoot ?

#2 Postby Guest » Fri Oct 19, 2007 6:49 am

Kreman,
You will be required to be a member of a club if you want to shoot F Class. This is necessary so that you are covered by insurance, and of course it costs money to upkeep the shooting facilities all of which is covered by your membership and range fee.
Generally you will not find bench rests at full bore shooting clubs, that's not the way we do it. If you want to shoot off a bench then you will need to join a bench rest club, unless you are incapacitated to a degree where you need to shoot off a bench rest, then you can bring your own portable shooting table.
F Class clubs do not exist as a separate entity, people who shoot F Class are members of a Full Bore club who are members of the Victorian Rifle Association/ National Rifle Association.
Barry.

Tony Q

#3 Postby Tony Q » Fri Oct 19, 2007 8:29 am

G’day Kreman and welcome to ozfclass.

As Barry said, you will need to join a club to shoot regularly. All clubs will let you shoot as a visitor for maybe 3 times, so you can evaluate if its for you, then they expect and require you to make a decision and join.

Joining fees are not much in reality with individual clubs charging around $50per year and the Victorian Rifle Association membership costing around $110.

I have never heard of a ‘free club’ as all require upkeep expenses.

I’m sure someone here will point you in the right direction for an F Class friendly club on the east side. In the meantime you can look here, these Victorian clubs listed are all F Friendly clubs, meaning they shoot both F Class and Fullbore and welcome both styles ...

http://www.ozfclass.com/starting/default.html

Tony.
MBRC F-Class standard ... and proud of it!

Lefty

#4 Postby Lefty » Fri Oct 19, 2007 3:07 pm

Hey Kreman Lang Lang is probably the closest club to you, there is a mobile bench there that is used for sighting in and by people with with bad backs knees etc, ive even seen Wayne use it after a huge Friday night :twisted:

Kreman

#5 Postby Kreman » Tue Oct 23, 2007 5:21 pm

Hi guys, sorry I was away for a few days and didn't get chance to look in on my post. I think there was a bit of a misunderstanding with my post I wasn't trying to shoot for free lol I was just looking for somewhere I could shoot regularly and not have to be a member.

I did find somewhere but its on the west side of town but not that far I can pay to shoot and not be a member at all and thats just what I was looking for but thanks for the input anyway.

Return to “General Forum”