Hello everyone

For general announcements, and anything which does not fit into one of the categories below.

Moderator: Mod

Len6163

Hello everyone

#1 Postby Len6163 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 2:28 pm

Hello everyone,
I am a new member who has decided to try F Class and this site was recomended to me as a good resource.
Hoping to learn alot from members on this site.
Thanks
Len - Perth WA :D

Tim L

Re: Hello everyone

#2 Postby Tim L » Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:16 pm

Welcome Len,
You have an awesome facility over there in Perth, and some moderately competent shooters to get advice from :lol:
Have you made any decisions on discipline or calibre yet?
I'm sure if you turned up at Pinjar there would be plenty of good advice to be had.

Len6163

#3 Postby Len6163 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:09 pm

Tim L wrote:Welcome Len,
You have an awesome facility over there in Perth, and some moderately competent shooters to get advice from :lol:
Have you made any decisions on discipline or calibre yet?
I'm sure if you turned up at Pinjar there would be plenty of good advice to be had.

Hi Tim L

Yes the Pinjar range is a great facility, better than the old range at Swanbourne but I do miss that atmosphere at Swanbourne. I am looking towards the 7mm Rem Mag the main reason is because I already own a hunting rifle in that calibre and have alot of relaoding compenents for it, but time will tell.

Cheers
Len :D

Tim N

#4 Postby Tim N » Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:32 pm

Hi Len
Welcome to the club
It will be well worth reading up in the tech section on all facets of this sport and I don’t think you will find a better resource for that anywhere!
The advice usually given to a new chum is to attend the club and shoot the club rifle to start with, then see what everyone else is doing.
Most will be willing to give advice and possibly let you try their set up.
All the best
Tim
We don't rise to the level of our expectations, we fall to the level of our training. Archilochos 680-645 BC

GSells

#5 Postby GSells » Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:57 am

.284 w is a great cal that you can grow into . You maybe able to pick one up second had in used guns ?
It’s by far the most used cal in f open and probably 2 Nd to the .308 in f class . Pinjar is a beautiful range and also one of the hardest I have shot on ! You will learn how to read mirage lol! I would love to go back one day ! Regards Graham.

Return to “General Forum”