F Class - A.C.T. Queens Prize Shoot

For general announcements, and anything which does not fit into one of the categories below.

Moderator: Mod

Warwick Brown

F Class - A.C.T. Queens Prize Shoot

#1 Postby Warwick Brown » Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:02 pm

We have been in contact with the Canberra Rifle Club regarding F Class Standard State team shooting.
Greg Warrian, my wife Mary and myself are donating the < State F Class Standard Team Shield> to the club for this years Queens Prize.
The subject was discussed late last year on this forum.
It needs to start some where.
We can't shoot this year as 4x team + coach or including coach as the program is set. There is an F Class OPM on the Tuesday before the start which, I imagine most people comming to the Queens will be shooting in.
There will be an informal meeting after this shoot to discuss the two options of engagement for this year.

Option 1. Each individual shooter, shoots for themselves as well as for their state. If for example there are 10 shooters from NSW then those 10 shooters have their grand Aggs added up and then divided by 10 for the states average Agg. This option would not disadvantage say Tasmania for example, if they only had 3 shooters at the meeting.
Everybody that has gone to the effort of going to the ACT Queens will be involved with the inugural state team prize shoot.
This option can not include DNF"s All ranges at the Queens must be shot, for the Agg to count.

Option 2. All individuals shoot and the 4 top Agg's from each state are combined to give a Grand Agg winner.
This may disadvantage or eliminate some states from taking part through lack of numbers.
The shield will be presented on the final day of the shoot but will be retained by the club for next years shoot.

Next years team shoot will be open for disscussing and fine tuning with plenty of time for change and improvement.

So far we have 4 standard shooters that will be going, from WA.

I hope this will be the start of something good. It's far from perfect, but we need to start somewhere. So get involve and make it to the ACT Queens. :D
Perceive-Believe-Achieve

Return to “General Forum”