Lets hear some general weekly scores!

For general announcements, and anything which does not fit into one of the categories below.

Moderator: Mod

Chopper

Lets hear some general weekly scores!

#1 Postby Chopper » Sun Jul 24, 2005 2:23 pm

Thank you for your replies on what is happening about the push for F CLass. It would be good to hear of your scores regarding your weekly shooting at home ranges and what you have done at prize meetings, and maybe what equipment you are using.maybe we could have a section to report into each week if you wanted to not only to hear youre good scores but bad ones to ,this would be good to see also how YOUR new shooter is going and improving,my latest new shooter is already by himself and apart from the odd wind shot is consistantley putting in 50.6s 7s 8s 9s and he feels in the hunt already, he's not going anywere else but to the range each week and is bringing a mate out soon, i bet a few of you arked up about my scoring terminology but as i said before ive shot iron sights for 26 years and can relate to it better and besides that i like to shoot 50.10 it just sounds better .chopper.

bruce moulds

#2 Postby bruce moulds » Sun Jul 24, 2005 3:01 pm

chopper,
don't bite his ear off, or he wont come back.
what's your name?
regards,
bruce moulds.

AlanF

#3 Postby AlanF » Sun Jul 24, 2005 3:28 pm

Chopper,

That's not a bad idea. You'll understand that its just too bigger job to cater for saturday club scores in the Results section of the website. But where there are websites that put up weekly scores, we could have a special Links area in the Results section.

Regarding your preference for the TR scoring terminology, I won't bite your ear off, but just say that its unhelpful for our relations with the TR people, particularly if the majority of F-Std people decide they prefer the Standard target. A cynic would suggest that its the pleasure of beating the TR people on the same target that makes the Standard target more attractive. Well, you cannot ever say you've beaten them, because you are allowed to use superior equipment.

That said, don't go away and not come back - all opinions are welcome :) ! Just be prepared to be on the recieving end when you say something controversial!

Alan

Return to “General Forum”