NRAA F-Class Rankings

For general announcements, and anything which does not fit into one of the categories below.

Moderator: Mod

pjifl

#16 Postby pjifl » Tue Jun 05, 2007 3:22 am

I can help to supply you with results for 2006 and 2005 for NQRA Queens and many of the other shoots up here from photographs of results boards if needed.

But this will have to wait about 1 week - right now I am about to leave for the Townsville shoot.

I have mixed feelings about rankings. This is especially true of F because so many quite good shooters do not travel for some reason and so do not appear. Its also incredibly hard to do.

Perhaps one of the the main justifications for the rankings may be to try to convince some of these shooters that they should travel by fitting their performance to others who are ranked.

Peter Smith.

#17 Postby Guest » Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:23 am

Geoff,
The fact that VIC have split F Standard into 2 grades has no bearing on Rankings, simply treat all VIC results as though there were no split.
Following VIC Queens you were going to contact me re Grading. Do you still wish to follow up on our system or does NRAA have other system in mind?
Barry

ger

#18 Postby ger » Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:44 pm

I have manually sorted the VRA 2007 F-class A & B grades into one list. I also managed to find on the WARA website last years F-class results and manually typed them in. I really dislike having to do that and come 2008, will refuse to hand type in any results. See below.

I'll take NQRA 2006 whenever I can get them. There's no point in sending me 2005 as they are more than 2 years old and are no longer counted.

I have re-processed rankings with the new WARA and modified VRA F-class data and they are up on the website. There has naturally been a slight change in the order of rankings as a result of the additional data. Still a bit more to go however, but it's slowly coming into line.

Barry, I don't recall our conversation and can't find any emails on the subject of F-class gradings. That's probably due to the onset of dementia or something like that. Idon't know what the NRAA Board are thinking about it. All I know is that I'm not all that interested in writing code to cater for each and every event each year to cater for "abberations". To this end, the NRAA, as a result of my prompting, are supporting the concept of a UIN and the introduction of a common scoring software package (developed by Colin Garven) in an attempt to get some consistency and integrity into the results data. I have written software that accepts the text files produced by this program and various versions of it (only the most recent produces text files for processing) have been in use at NT, QRA, NQRA, and NRAA Queens events for some years now. Consistent Queens and OPM results data format will be will be critical should a nationwide divisional system ever get off the ground.

Geoff.

AlanF

#19 Postby AlanF » Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:37 pm

Someone has contacted me suggesting we ask for the NRAA F-Class rankings to be included in the ATR, alongside the Fullbore rankings. Given that we all pay the same NRAA sub and the same price for the magazine, this seems a reasonable request. Some have said that these rankings are based more on who attends the most Queens than who performs the best. While there is some truth in that, I see them as a good thing, because for shooters on the published lists, the prospect of improving their ranking may encourage them to attend more Queens, which is just what we need right now.

Looking at the current list, they publish the top 50 from the A-Grade list of about 300 - that is about one sixth. Using that formula we would expect to have the top 12 F-Std and the top 5 F-Open on the lists.

Any comments? (preferably positive)

Alan

Woody_rod

#20 Postby Woody_rod » Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:27 pm

My two cents: its a good idea Alan.

terry sheedy

f std rankings

#21 Postby terry sheedy » Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:09 am

Rankings keep shooters more informed what is happening around australia. We in W A do find it harder to travel but are not always included in the rankings when we shoot in queens
Terry Sheedy

Razer

#22 Postby Razer » Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:33 pm

Noticed that the winner of FS at Darwin Queens is not mentioned in rankings.Could this be that he may be a member of NSWRA, but not a member of NRAA?Any one know? I believe it makes a difference but do not know if this is the case here.
Ray.

AlanF

#23 Postby AlanF » Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:00 pm

Could be what you say, or just a simple omission. You could E-mail Geoff Roberts (webmaster@nraa.com.au) - he invites shooters to help by sending corrections/queries.

Alan

Razer

#24 Postby Razer » Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:38 pm

Thanks Alan,have sent email seeking clarification.If reply is of any help to others[state v's national membership] will put post on forum.
Ray.
PS.all our FS/FO results should be given equal coverage in "Target" without exception.

Razer

#25 Postby Razer » Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:49 pm

Phoned NSWRA,there is no longer state only membership[it only applied to NSW and WA and ceased two or more years ago] so every one is NRAA.That eliminates my thought on the matter.However,in the reply to my email it appears that if "every" shooter would take the brief steps to get themselves a UIN from the NRAA, it would make life a lot easier for Geoff to collect/compile the results needed for rankings.
Failing that,maybe the NRAA could "allocate" a UIN to the tardy members and it could be printed on their state membership cards.New members could automatically be issued a UIN on joining? Worth a suggestion to NRAA?????
Ray.

balcom

#26 Postby balcom » Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:16 am

Razer wrote:Thanks Alan,have sent email seeking clarification.If reply is of any help to others[state v's national membership] will put post on forum.
Ray.
PS.all our FS/FO results should be given equal coverage in "Target" without exception.

Hi Razor,
You may not know this but there is no state nra for NSW, all is now NRAA membership, has been since last year, also if you are only a state member you cant shoot interstate! :D
PeterH

bennf

Great Idea

#27 Postby bennf » Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:40 pm

Yeh I think that publishing the ranks in the ATR will get some people into shooting more queens.

Return to “General Forum”