Motivational Music

For general announcements, and anything which does not fit into one of the categories below.

Moderator: Mod

Azzopardi

Motivational Music

#1 Postby Azzopardi » Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:30 pm

OK all, time to get positive! Let’s have a discussion about music and there are no wrong answers.

What’s your music compilation to prepare for a big shoot, making bullets or just travelling to the Saturday/Sunday shoot? You could be sitting on the veranda after pouring a beer dreaming about 60.10. Every scenario has a different song/artists, what’s yours?

OK, I’ll kick it off. These are mine at the moment!

Prepare for the big shoot:
    Arctic Monkeys - Snap out of it & Do I Wanna Know.
    Rob Sombie - Dragula (careful with this one)
    Hoodoo Gurus - 1000 Miles Away.

Making bullets:
    Angus & Julia Stone - Grizzly Bear
    Alabama Shakes - Be mine
    Blue Swede - Hooked on a feeling

Give it a shot if you dare and I leave you with this 8)

For the future Ozy F-open & FTR teams

For those who like to chill
Regards,
Azzo

willow

Re: Motivational Music

#2 Postby willow » Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:12 pm

If I'm in the car on my way to shoot, usually a collection of music off my phone - no bands in particular but I gravitate towards hard rock, industrial, darkwave...anything other than mainstream.

GSells

#3 Postby GSells » Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:52 pm

A.c. dc at times !

Azzopardi

#4 Postby Azzopardi » Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:40 am

Hard rock and especially AC/DC will get the blood moving. It’s a timing thing with me.

3 minutes before the last range at a Queens shoot I listen to Rob Zombie’s Dragula. After do so, I felt like I was about to run onto the Rugby field and hammer someone. Not good when you need to use more brain than braun. Result = dropped 3 points.
Regards,
Azzo

mongrel284

#5 Postby mongrel284 » Sat Dec 15, 2018 1:03 pm

Hey Azzo. I seen you shoot on sunday mornings. I think there has been a couple of Bob Marley's on the way to the range

Azzopardi

#6 Postby Azzopardi » Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:40 pm

That’s correct marn, sometimes the big Bob relaxes the biscuit so you can risk it. 8)
Regards,
Azzo

Brad Y

#7 Postby Brad Y » Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:36 pm

We used to listen to Eye of the Tiger before running on the hockey field. Got the juices flowing in case there was any early dirty tactics from the opposition.

Azzopardi

#8 Postby Azzopardi » Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:45 am

Now there’s a blast from the past Brad. I believe it was used a lot in the 80’s for that reason.

Next year I’ll be adding some ELO to the collection and give that a crack. Songs from the “Time” album might be the go.

For me mate Miles our on his station near Clermont, I recommend Heart of Gold from Neil Young’s Harvest album to slow him down.
Regards,
Azzo

UL1700

#9 Postby UL1700 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:12 pm

Normally luck of the draw what comes next in the download list on my phone, can be anything from Metallica to Paul Kelly to DMAs and Placebo. Covers Rock, new rock, metal, brit pop folk and a bit of pretty much anything else in between. I rocked up to the range the other week and I just got to the end of Muford and Sons Dust Bowl Dance, lyrics were spot on if taken out of context lol

Return to “General Forum”