brownells aust

For general announcements, and anything which does not fit into one of the categories below.

Moderator: Mod

terryx

Re: brownells aust

#16 Postby terryx » Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:42 pm

IF this is any help try PRECISION RELOADING in the US www.precisionreloading.com very fast and easy to deal with.

jcinsa

#17 Postby jcinsa » Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:17 am

Dealing with Brownells Australia has been an entirely unstatisfactory experiance.
Got an email from them the other day about something I can hardly remember ordering that I had long given up on.
When they were Sinclair’s International in the States the freight they charged was always a rip off, but otherwise they were good to deal with , and timely.
Won’t go near them ever again
Argue with a fool, and all the casual observer will see is two fools arguing.

bruce moulds

#18 Postby bruce moulds » Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:12 am

terryx,
what are the issues and processes of getting stuff from precision reloading to your door?
thinking in terms of cases and projectiles.
of note is they sell stuff to suit hunting as well.
keep safe,
bruce.
"SUCH IS LIFE" Edward Kelly 11 nov 1880
http://youtu.be/YRaRCCZjdTM

michaeljp

#19 Postby michaeljp » Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:09 pm

The problem with buying brass and projectiles from the states is that they have to apply to the US government for a export licence. Some places will and at your cost, some won't because its to much trouble. Ive had very good experience with reloadinginternational.com and ive also had good experiences with brownells australia in importing bulk projectiles that are not available for sale here in Australia.

Chris

#20 Postby Chris » Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:50 pm

Over 2 months now waiting for a bolt head and springs, extractor, etc. Parts on back order are listed as in stock on US site.

bad_primer

#21 Postby bad_primer » Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:58 pm

I almost purchased something from Brownells in Australia after getting bumped to it by the US shop. I almost brought something from them but was informed in time that it was Shooters warehouse I was actually purchasing from. Killed the order there and then.

Stories above accord with the experience I have had dealing with the jerk and of others I know that have dealt with him.

Everyone, just throw your support behind one of the other great businesses supplying the target sports in Australia and avoid Brownells Australia. I’ll be waiting for BRT to get want I want into stock.

Return to “General Forum”