Kongsberg Targets up-grade

For general announcements, and anything which does not fit into one of the categories below.

Moderator: Mod

David C

Kongsberg Targets up-grade

#1 Postby David C » Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:32 pm

Kongsberg Electronic targets used in Western Australia, over the past six months after the successful improvements to the E targets on the Capel Rifle Range, the Albany Range have converted all of there Kongsberg Targets with a noticeable improvement in the way the targets perform, this has been obvious in the regularly higher scores over all rangers back to 800mtr. With the same reports still coming from the Capel Range where there has been 6 new range records set in the past six months.
Geraldton have just finished there prise meeting on the upgraded Kongsberg targets with reports of excellent target performance , along with some top shooters that have in the past been very questionable on the performance of Kongsberg targets giving compliments to how the Targets performed in very trying conditions .
The headquarters range in WA is in the progress of up grading there Kongsberg ET’s with all the 24 long range targets completed and the 24 mid-range targets striped down for up-grading. There was a noticeable improvement in the scores when the up-graded targets were used for the 700mtr range at Pinjar.
For the team at the Capel Range who developed the improvements to the Kongsberg Targets over the past 18 months thank you, as you have reduced the cost and service time on the Kongsberg Target and returned confidence to those who had doubts as to will ET’s report the shots authenticity.

Peterla

Re: Kongsberg Targets up-grade

#2 Postby Peterla » Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:09 pm

Hi David

That sounds great with the TR teams heading over for the nationals soon and the FClass teams next year.
Were any tests done with sheets of paper in front or behind of the targets? I know it has been done here on a few electronic targets to see how accurate they were.
Looking forward to the feedback from the TR teams on how the work before we head over for the Fclass nationals.
Keep us all posted to give us a bit more confidence as there has been a lot of bad words said about them. Not by me as I have not shot on them.
I hope the improvements cull some of that bad vibes and we all start promoting out shooting again.

Regards

Peter

Brad Y

#3 Postby Brad Y » Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:56 pm

Hi Peter here is exactly what your after. We did this at busselton rifle club (based on the Coolilup range in Capel where Dave refers to) which has led the way for Kongsberg improvements. All our data was sent to Kongsberg in Europe and they were quite interested and impressed at the results. There is a thread I put up in the ET section with lots of plots and data. Our ideas have indeed been implemented across WA which has a large number of clubs already using kongsbergs.

I believe this target was shot at 800m with a 308 and 155gr bullets from memory.
CAAB9E53-9A47-4BF6-B8AB-E8EFD92024D8.jpeg

7E68C4B9-438E-429C-A528-A8D5CB15E99B.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Peterla

#4 Postby Peterla » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:35 am

Hi Brad. That's great. They look really accurate with your improvement
Great to hear its being implement across WA

Pete

Return to “General Forum”